NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We also don't input customer's emails on retail orders for the same reason. When people start getting notified of every step along the way about something they order, they call the dealer 10X more than if they don't know
Just what customers want; to be intentionally kept in the dark. Fielding customer questions and educating the customer base are 2 major responsibilities that a dealership should be willing, actually let’s say eager, to do as part of the “service” they offer as the expensive middlemen in these transactions.
Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Then why is my 2door BD with MIC top 7/13 res taking so long to get a build date?? Inquiring minds want to know ;-). Seems like the 2 doors in general are not getting the level of build dates the 4 doors are and yet we knew with those we had to go MIC or get pushed into MY22.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Then why is my 2door BD with MIC top 7/13 res taking so long to get a build date?? Inquiring minds want to know ;-). Seems like the 2 doors in general are not getting the level of build dates the 4 doors are and yet we knew with those we had to go MIC or get pushed into MY22.
For one, plenty of 7/13ers don’t have build weeks yet regardless of trim or door count.

You are correct that more 4 doors are being scheduled than 2 doors. This is because more 4 doors were ordered than 2 doors, and 2-door has been known to even be constrained beyond its low take rate.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly, even in my Excel spreadsheet I can filter the items I don’t want to work on, and I only see the desired data. The other data is not lost or cancelled, and can be accessed as soon as it becomes relevant again.
We can do this, we have the technology.
Every vehicle that Ford makes goes through the same system. Now try to sort and find the Bronco orders. Now find the ones that aren’t set up right considering the system wasn’t designed to handle customer designed vehicles. It ain’t like shooting womp rats back home.

Jgtln

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would it be wise just to remove the tow package from the build? Not sure if it's a "buildable" issue, but possibly a delay.
I removed mine last Tuesday without issue.

Sponsored

MooseF15

Badlands
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner Off-Road; 2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every vehicle that Ford makes goes through the same system. Now try to sort and find the Bronco orders. Now find the ones that aren’t set up right considering the system wasn’t designed to handle customer designed vehicles. It ain’t like shooting womp rats back home.

Ford Bronco 41% in WBDO orders are not buildable.  Build estimate email after May 11th ? A5ED2B30-E7AF-4E57-A4A5-3A8EAF2F48BF

Spoiler Alert: Luke was right

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hope my 99 deferral for a my22 doesnt get pushed to a 23 because of all the poor clueless my21 buyers that wont see this message or get in touch with their dealer, who may also not know. I imagine we will see thousands of orders suddenly get canceled without the buyers even knowing.
You are partially right. The dealership SHOULD know how to do there job. That’s the problem here . It’s the dealership. Also Ford is not make much of an effort to communicate.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone successfully been able to edit their build since the March then April cutoff date to change anything other than the roof? I want to add the LUX to mine, however I’m getting conflicting statements about whether or not I can still add. I have a call with my dealer on Monday, just curious if anyone has been able to make changes to an order not yet scheduled for a build.
Yes, I changed color, and seats. Got an updated DORA

Chio4

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB SAS,23 Navigator BL, 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I guess the priory code needs to change. What else ? I’m taking tow And brush off also. This thread was long .. geez

Last edited:

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I guess the priory code needs to change. What else ? I’m taking tow And brush off also. This thread was long .. geez
View attachment 118471
Yes, this is exactly the situation the email was referring to, yours is not buildable as it sits, if you want to keep your dual top option, you can ask your dealer to change to a 99 priority, if you go to 99, tow and brush won’t matter and shouldn’t be a constraint when it comes time for the dual top/mod top to be available. If you want yours sooner, you can change to MIC top or soft top only.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just what customers want; to be intentionally kept in the dark. Fielding customer questions and educating the customer base are 2 major responsibilities that a dealership should be willing, actually let’s say eager, to do as part of the “service” they offer as the expensive middlemen in these transactions.
I don't think it was meant like that. Ford just rolled this out through the app and most of us see it as problematic. This is not like an Amazon shipment that you can track from shipped to delivered at front door with a pic in 2 days. It's difficult for us to say with pinpoint accuracy where someone's vehicle is at any point in the build. They have made it better but say for the sake of argument you get the notification your vehicle is getting built. Based on some of the discussions here you would think, "oh, should be a day or two at most". The next assumption, since it's only a two day max build, it will be ready to ship within a week of being built...at most. There is no accounting in the FordPass notification to say there was a QC issue, hold or other problem that is choking up the process.
This is not so much a matter of hiding information as it is a function of managing expectations and giving accurate info. There are a whole lot of problems built into this notification system we don't know about yet and if we want to base the predicted accuracy of it on past Bronco rollout issues, we should probably not give it much weight.

Last edited:

Chio4

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB SAS,23 Navigator BL, 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was texting with the GM of the store last night. Who is also my very good friend. He said last Thursday he went over all the orders with the bronco rep and will check today to see what my order was changed to. Just to double check

Yes, this is exactly the situation the email was referring to, yours is not buildable as it sits, if you want to keep your dual top option, you can ask your dealer to change to a 99 priority, if you go to 99, tow and brush won’t matter and shouldn’t be a constraint when it comes time for the dual top/mod top to be available. If you want yours sooner, you can change to MIC top or soft top only.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi
i have read some answer from dealer like GRANGER OR STEPHEN AUTO ON THE FORUM. Now what they said about this problématic situation ? No news from this dealer ? Where they are for furnished some news from this !
TRACKTOY

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think it was meant like that. Ford just rolled this out through the app and most of us see it as problematic. This is not like an Amazon shipment that you can track from shipped to delivered at front door with a pic in 2 days. It's difficult for us to say with pinpoint accuracy where someone's vehicle is at any point in the build. They have made it better but say for the sake of argument you get the notification your vehicle is getting built. Based on some of the discussions here you would think, "oh, should be a day or two at most". The next assumption, since it's only a two day max build, it will be ready to ship within a week of being built...at most. There is no accounting in the FordPass notification to say there was a QC issue, hold or other problem that is holding up the process.
This is not so much a matter of hiding information as it is a function of managing expectations and giving accurate info. There are a whole lot of problems built into this notification system we don't know about yet and if we want to base the predicted accuracy of it based on past Bronco rollout issues, we should probably not give it much weight.
I would never "intentionally" keep anyone in the dark as someone else suggested. But speaking from experience, every time we put the customer's email in on a special order, and it notifies them throughout the process, it doubles, triples, or even quadruples the number of times we're contacted. I would certainly agree we should always explain the process, but like you said, when it goes array one day, we get a call from the customer. Additionally, the dealer has zero control over what gets built, when it gets built, if the UAW covid policy keeps workers out and shifts are short, transport trucks can't get scheduled, a blizzard hits dearborn, vehicles sit at the rail yard an extra day, and god help if one comes in with transit damage and Ford tells the customer it has arrived at the dealership. That happens daily on multiple vehicles. When you combine the fact this situation basically forced all Bronco orders to be placed at the same time, I'm sure folks can realize how its different than daily business for dealers who may be placing 1, 2, maybe 3 special orders per week. Throw in several hundred at the same time and that's what we're dealing with here. If someone wants to call me lazy or selfish for not producing DORA's for several hundred people, then I'm happy to swap places with them for a bit.
Sponsored