Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would it be wise just to remove the tow package from the build? Not sure if it's a "buildable" issue, but possibly a delay.
Sponsored

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel as a Badlands order (no black mod, or dual top, just MIC), it’s in my best interest to NOT bring this to my dealers attention, as they could begin reaching out to those affected order holders, which may result in them converting to MIC, which would potentially push me further and further down the line (7/15 11am west cost reservation)

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if our priority code is 19, that means it's buildable right?
Assuming it shows "Unscheduled-Clean" and not "Unscheduled-Compatibility". I don't think it matters much if you are a 99 right now because you could be waiting for a black painted top. That said, I have a feeling Ford is going to require us to revisit all orders that don't get built before they start '22 models. There are going to be a ton of "clean" 19s that aren't going to get built as a '21 and we have no info at this point how those are going to be sorted out.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if our priority code is 19, that means it's buildable right?
Well, technically it doesn't mean it's buildable, it means that if it is buildable, you want it built, and they should build it if they can.

Usually you can't code an order 19 unless it's buildable with that model year's parts.

The problem here, and that this thread is discussing, is that people ordered buildable broncos, that got coded 19 (or similar), but those orders included items like the Mod and Dual Tops that are no longer available for MY21....

...which means that in the system (WBDO), these orders are still coded 19, but are not buildable in MY21.

These orders are cluttering up the system, and ford wants the orders changed to include only MY21 options, or they want the orders changed to code 99 to put them aside for MY22 when those options do become available (which can only be done by the region, but apparently there has been a mechanism for these builds to be submitted to the region for them to do this)

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unbeknownst to most, Ford has perfected yet one more GOAT mode. This entire process is one giant “ Goat .....”.I guess my MY22 will be a MY23, so I guess I should go order a MACH 1 in the meantime.

Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a difference between a constraint (which is buildable in MY21 when they have the parts) and something that isn't buildable, since the option isn't even a MY21 option.

What I want to know is how many of the 41% is people who ultimately want the MY22 option and are willing to wait (but aren't coded 99), and how many are people who don't realize their chosen options are no longer available in MY21 (MOD/Dual Tops), but their dealer hasn't communicated with them (or isn't even aware of the problem themselves).
It would probably help if they would take it off of the B&P. This creates confusion. They still say, "Available late 2021"
Ford Bronco 41% in WBDO orders are not buildable.  Build estimate email after May 11th ? Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 7.39.27 AM

Ford Bronco 41% in WBDO orders are not buildable.  Build estimate email after May 11th ? Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 7.42.51 AM

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's a difference between a constraint (which is buildable in MY21 when they have the parts) and something that isn't buildable, since the option isn't even a MY21 option.

What I want to know is how many of the 41% is people who ultimately want the MY22 option and are willing to wait (but aren't coded 99), and how many are people who don't realize their chosen options are no longer available in MY21 (MOD/Dual Tops), but their dealer hasn't communicated with them (or isn't even aware of the problem themselves).
true. Granger comm'd to me that I got pushed to MY22[MOD]. they were quick to fire off that email for the opt to go mic but declined. that would have been the only hangup for me anyway. seems like they are on the ball.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel as a Badlands order (no black mod, or dual top, just MIC), it’s in my best interest to NOT bring this to my dealers attention, as they could begin reaching out to those affected order holders, which may result in them converted to MIC, which would potentially push me further and further down the line (7/15 11am west cost reservation)
If this is just a zone issue the sales zone mgrs are dealing with individual dealers to make changes which sounds like mostly administrative. I doubt there are many orders completely messed up and the customer unaware. I'm sure if there are questions about your order and it's one "hung up" in the order bank, your dealer will reach out to verify everything.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The problem here, and that this thread is discussing, is that people ordered buildable broncos, that got coded 19 (or similar), but those orders included items like the Mod and Dual Tops that are no longer available for MY21....
Its hard to overstate the value of this forum...and the members like Zack who consistently spring forward with accurate info. Without B6G, getting a Bronco in your driveway is exponentially more difficult.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, technically it doesn't mean it's buildable, it means that if it is buildable, you want it built, and they should build it if they can.

Usually you can't code an order 19 unless it's buildable with that model year's parts.

...which means that in the system (WBDO), these orders are still coded 19, but are not buildable in MY21.

These orders are cluttering up the system, and ford wants the orders changed to include only MY21 options, or they want the orders changed to code 99 to put them aside for MY22 when those options do become available (which can only be done by the region, but apparently there has been a mechanism for these builds to be submitted to the region for them to do this)
This is the best explanation. ☝

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just some continued thoughts...

This bit here is a perfect example of how Ford internal communications mean something to the person writing it, but as outsiders, it can be confusing and difficult to know what the mean:

"You will need to review every order, regardless of timestamp location, to ensure accuracy. Inaccurate orders will require cancellation - which causes the customer to lose their timestamp, and we will not be able to do this moving forward".
I think what they are saying is, if the dealership can not reconcile the order (change it to include only MY21 options, or send it to the region for 99), then the only option is to cancel it altogether.... which they are reminding them is bad since it would cancel everything including the timestamp.

I think they are trying to basically tell dealerships that if you can't get a hold of a customer, you can't just let it ride and sell the bronco as stock... you have to cancel it.

The part that is confounding me is the "and we will not be able to do this moving forward." Which could mean that Ford Corporate will not be reviewing each individual order themselves, or they will not be able/willing to cancel orders moving forward, as they want to just focus on building the damn things. (In any event, I don't read this as a warning that Ford will cancel unbuildable orders on their own... but it's definitely not entirely clear.)

And the final thing I want to say, which is not (directly?) related to this discussion, is share with everyone the ads I'm being fed this morning.

Submitted without comment:

Ford Bronco 41% in WBDO orders are not buildable.  Build estimate email after May 11th ? Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 10.54.35

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn't their little build/allocation lottery system automatically pass over anything unbuildable, sort of forcing it into a Code 99 itself?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't their little build/allocation lottery system automatically pass over anything unbuildable, sort of forcing it into a Code 99 itself?
You're not wrong...

I think the issue is that there is some level of actual human work that goes into scheduling builds... so if they could clean up and remove 41% of the "inbox" that's straight up unbuildable no matter what, it would make MY21 scheduling much easier.

In the very least, it would reduce the amount of computational effort that would be required to schedule.

(I think the other part of this is that Ford is assuming that a fair amount of these are from people who would opt for the MIC or single top if they knew about the problem, and they're trying to get the dealerships to engage with customers and get in front of potential complaints.)

Last edited:

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Something tells me this is gonna result in orders being canceled without buyers' knowledge due to dealer ignorance or ineptitude...and folks who weren't expecting an MY21 might be pleasantly surprised.
Sponsored