Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would never "intentionally" keep anyone in the dark as someone else suggested. But speaking from experience, every time we put the customer's email in on a special order, and it notifies them throughout the process, it doubles, triples, or even quadruples the number of times we're contacted. I would certainly agree we should always explain the process, but like you said, when it goes array one day, we get a call from the customer. Additionally, the dealer has zero control over what gets built, when it gets built, if the UAW covid policy keeps workers out and shifts are short, transport trucks can't get scheduled, a blizzard hits dearborn, vehicles sit at the rail yard an extra day, and god help if one comes in with transit damage and Ford tells the customer it has arrived at the dealership. That happens daily on multiple vehicles. When you combine the fact this situation basically forced all Bronco orders to be placed at the same time, I'm sure folks can realize how its different than daily business for dealers who may be placing 1, 2, maybe 3 special orders per week. Throw in several hundred at the same time and that's what we're dealing with here. If someone wants to call me lazy or selfish for not producing DORA's for several hundred people, then I'm happy to swap places with them for a bit.
It's funny how some folks complain about another's occupation. Whether you work at a dealership, retail, grocery store, manufacturing, etc. - Nobody will understand the challenges the other person may face. It's not worth getting worked up over something unless there is truly an issue, and ultimately, you'll probably get a better response by being cool and calm and working together. Also, your experience at one dealership shouldn't paint all dealerships with the same brush.

On a side note, and just out of sheer curiosity, what happens if a vehicle arrives damaged? I assume it depends on the extent, and likely most of it is minimal and can be fixed at the dealership. Is it a regular occurrence where the damage is too much for a "new vehicle"? Does a new one get ordered priority 1?

Thanks very much!
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would never "intentionally" keep anyone in the dark as someone else suggested. But speaking from experience, every time we put the customer's email in on a special order, and it notifies them throughout the process, it doubles, triples, or even quadruples the number of times we're contacted. I would certainly agree we should always explain the process, but like you said, when it goes array one day, we get a call from the customer. Additionally, the dealer has zero control over what gets built, when it gets built, if the UAW covid policy keeps workers out and shifts are short, transport trucks can't get scheduled, a blizzard hits dearborn, vehicles sit at the rail yard an extra day, and god help if one comes in with transit damage and Ford tells the customer it has arrived at the dealership. That happens daily on multiple vehicles. When you combine the fact this situation basically forced all Bronco orders to be placed at the same time, I'm sure folks can realize how its different than daily business for dealers who may be placing 1, 2, maybe 3 special orders per week. Throw in several hundred at the same time and that's what we're dealing with here. If someone wants to call me lazy or selfish for not producing DORA's for several hundred people, then I'm happy to swap places with them for a bit.
There are days I would not wish this on my worst enemy. If you enjoy dealing with layers of untrained people, that don't read emails or comprehend the contents, if you love the daily stress of not knowing what program Ford is coming out with to, "make things easier", dealing with a semi-functioning web site we have to use to do EVERYTHING, program claiming, rebates, plan, inventory and ever changing marketing....then dealer life might be for you. :ROFLMAO:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it only gets worse from here. my friend
Yea, you wouldn't believe some of the comms with different divisions at Ford. We literally tell them what diagnostics we did with test results and they turn around and as for the test results. This happens regularly and one reason we do everything in our power to avoid having to get them involved. Or, you have some parts on back order and are trying to get them pushed out faster. One part=one contact. Multiple parts=new contact for every....single....part. Can't make a list, you have to open a new case for every one. And this is supposed to be better than what we had before.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea, you wouldn't believe
You are describing America, wall-to-wall, top-to-bottom. Won't be all that difficult...or take all that long....to replace this mess with AI

Sponsored

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
On a side note, and just out of sheer curiosity, what happens if a vehicle arrives damaged? I assume it depends on the extent, and likely most of it is minimal and can be fixed at the dealership. Is it a regular occurrence where the damage is too much for a "new vehicle"? Does a new one get ordered priority 1?

Thanks very much!
We fix 99% of them. It happens way more than people think it happens, which will probably lead a bunch of people here to ask, do you notify the customer, and that answer is no. I don't see many come in that we can't fix, but its not like we're talking about minor things here either, like surface scratches. Wheels, bumpers, door handles, gouges, etc....we had a GT350R have the carbon wheels stolen off of it while it was on the train.

The problem lies when those vehicles arrive here, Ford emails the customer that it's here, and we immediately get a call from the customer wanting to come pick it up. We have a lot to do to one once it arrives, and transit damage only delays it more. There's a host of reasons I don't want the customers knowing those things. Just let us sort out the problems like we do every other day, and then let us notify the customer when it's ready for pickup.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We fix 99% of them. It happens way more than people think it happens, which will probably lead a bunch of people here to ask, do you notify the customer, and that answer is no. I don't see many come in that we can't fix, but its not like we're talking about minor things here either, like surface scratches. Wheels, bumpers, door handles, gouges, etc....we had a GT350R have the carbon wheels stolen off of it while it was on the train.

The problem lies when those vehicles arrive here, Ford emails the customer that it's here, and we immediately get a call from the customer wanting to come pick it up. We have a lot to do to one once it arrives, and transit damage only delays it more. There's a host of reasons I don't want the customers knowing those things. Just let us sort out the problems like we do every other day, and then let us notify the customer when it's ready for pickup.
I’m not surprised, a lot of handling between the end of the factory floor and the dealer lot. We just picked up our mew F150 Platinum last week and there is a gouge right on the upper drivers door. They will have to repaint the whole door, when they get the paint, Rapid Red metallic.
Stuff happens.

wade65

Badlands
First Name
Wade Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 1965 Mercury Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called my dealer and they said if there is a conflict on the build it will show (like a literal red flag) when they look at the order. Apparently my order has no issues but I'm glad the subject was brought up. Hate to think that the order would get cancelled over some minor thing I could just add at a leter date.

Chio4

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB SAS,23 Navigator BL, 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
about the same thing mine said also! my code of 19 was even fine(according to bronco rep) esp wit MIC dual tops mine will be 2022. so who really know what Ford wants.

I called my dealer and they said if there is a conflict on the build it will show (like a literal red flag) when they look at the order. Apparently my order has no issues but I'm glad the subject was brought up. Hate to think that the order would get cancelled over some minor thing I could just add at a leter date.

Bajachuck

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-350, 1970 EB, 66 EB, plus 4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

To give an idea of how often transit damage have you ever noticed the rail transit cars all have the skins full length to protect the autos from damage. I remember the rail cars were open

Sponsored

bruce 1

Outer Banks
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford transit
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. 41% is a big number. Here's to hoping your Dealer hasn't screwed up your order in WBDO and still shows mod top. It's too bad you can't see complete order real time on Ford account to verify. I'm confident in the folks at Granger, but this has trouble written all over it for those with no communication with dealer. Good luck.
not to appear to be to dumb but what the hell does WBDO stand for.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

not to appear to be to dumb but what the hell does WBDO stand for.
Web Based Dealer Order. It’s the order system the dealer uses.

My point was it would be nice if that system linked to Ford account to see your current detailed order in system.

JohnDeere726

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Ford f250,1979 Bronco,2018 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if our priority code is 19, that means it's buildable right?
I have an order code of 10 and don't know what that means, was hoping for a little clarification

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I visited my dealer yesterday to get a price sheet for my order signed by the sales manager so to not have problems when I pay later.

They also gave me a copy of the Dora
and had me look it over and sign it, so there will be no disagreement later. The Dora clearly has every option in plain English with price. I cannot fathom why you wouldn't want the same confirmation from your customers. If they ask questions, SO WHAT? It's a lot of money and they SHOULD have ALL their questions answered. There were a lot of sales guys sitting around doing nothing, so having one review the Dora didn't suck up too many resources.

Were I a dealer or sales rep I would absolutely show to my customers and have them review it. I have two orders and both dealers showed mine.
My salesman put it in front of me and had me sign it in good faith to verify that it is what I wanted immediately after I changed from base to bd....
Sponsored

Last edited: