First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just asked when/if they have a 2DR rack coming down the line. I could see someone taking the 4DR rack and using a cut off wheel and then 3D printing some caps on the ends. That's a lot of steps if you're up for it, but I think it's plausible if you're willing to try!
That’s the crap part about it hardly anyone is making stuff for the 2door.. all the snooty 4 door peeps get the goods. Ha jk! I’m still waiting for someone to make a rear cargo basket that mounts to the roll cage and not where the hard top mounts…
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you would expect with a roof rack above plastic non-soundproofed panels. No annoying high-pitched whistle or anything so far. I usually cruise at 70-75mph on the freeway. Basically 0 difference around town @ 45-55mph.
I was curious because I also saw this review on Amazon
Ford Bronco $475 Hooke Road Discovery Roof Rack -- Review Screenshot_20230317-192439

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT (Bagged and Boosted) x 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was curious because I also saw this review on Amazon
Screenshot_20230317-192439.png

Good call out to see another perspective. My instructions were in color and super crisp so they must have been updated based on the review. I actually show the instructions in my YouTube video, too.

No powder coat was missing from my rack. Hooke Road support is pretty responsive and that fairing is easily swappable with those (8) 4mm (I think) Allen screws. He could ask for a new piece and I bet they'd work it out.

The sound is interesting as I don't have a whistling noise. I do have increased wind noise, but I also have 37" M/Ts so it's not like I'm rolling around in an S class. It's not enough to notice unless you're on the freeway 75+ without music playing. I know some racks feature a full-height fairing and this one is a half-height fairing. Maybe they'll offer a full height fairing as an "upgrade" if you'd like it? I think Bad Ass did this when they initially released their rack.

Reactions: Jdc

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good call out to see another perspective. My instructions were in color and super crisp so they must have been updated based on the review. I actually show the instructions in my YouTube video, too.

No powder coat was missing from my rack. Hooke Road support is pretty responsive and that fairing is easily swappable with those (8) 4mm (I think) Allen screws. He could ask for a new piece and I bet they'd work it out.

The sound is interesting as I don't have a whistling noise. I do have increased wind noise, but I also have 37" M/Ts so it's not like I'm rolling around in an S class. It's not enough to notice unless you're on the freeway 75+ without music playing. I know some racks feature a full-height fairing and this one is a half-height fairing. Maybe they'll offer a full height fairing as an "upgrade" if you'd like it? I think Bad Ass did this when they initially released their rack.
Awesome. I keep going back and forth on whether or not to buy a roof rack. I'm just not sure I'd use it though to justify the cost, but at this price it might be worth it. My other thought was to just get a hitch carrier and call it a day as it's easy to remove. Every once in awhile I get RTT curious though 😂

Sponsored
OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome. I keep going back and forth on whether or not to buy a roof rack. I'm just not sure I'd use it though to justify the cost, but at this price it might be worth it. My other thought was to just get a hitch carrier and call it a day as it's easy to remove. Every once in awhile I get RTT curious though 😂

It's definitely worth the test at this price point. Keep in mind it will reduce your MPG slightly, but again, I'm on 37s and heavy bead locks so it's not like I'm the most fuel-efficient to begin with.

For reference when I was completely stock with the sasquatch package and my driving style, I averaged 16.7 mpg.

With my 37s and the roof rack I'm at 14.7 mpg. Again, this is based on my driving style and cruising at 75 mph.

Reactions: Jdc
OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Two quick callouts: The front fairing and side pieces are all steel. The extruded cross bars are aluminum. Someone else asked me about that, so wanted to share it here as well.

Ford Bronco $475 Hooke Road Discovery Roof Rack -- Review IMG_0261.JPG

The added height from the roof is 4" at the top of the button-head Allen screw. Keep in mind stock Broncos come with a rake from the factory meaning the rear roof height is the tallest, so be sure to +4" from the highest point on your roof specifically for garage clearance / Starbucks drive thru checks lol.

Ford Bronco $475 Hooke Road Discovery Roof Rack -- Review IMG_0262.JPG

DCtoobs42

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 T4R Limited (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like it. Gonna sell the factory rack in favor of this.

You think they would produce it without the cutout logo on the back? It might just be me but I'm generally against big, wordy logos on an otherwise clean/sleek product.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. We get pretty bent over as it's a new vehicle and the competition hasn't fully bubbled yet.

Actually, it's super easy. I had them off last night on my way to/from the gym. At a red light, I did a pull up off of one of the cross bars while sitting in the driver's seat. Just got curious and it was too tempting to look up and see a monkey bar like a kid haha.

The only nuance to taking off the roof panel now is that you open the single big latch, pop the panel up out of the pin, and then close the big latch so it can slide out. Easy peasy.

Before, I'd just leave the big latch opened until I stored them in the back. That's pretty much it.
Will you do a video showing how to remove the roof panels?

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I saw they also sell a half rack for like $299 for those of you who just want one on the back part of the top. I was thinking of doing that option, maybe it would be a good anchor point for a hoist for the garage?

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw they also sell a half rack for like $299 for those of you who just want one on the back part of the top. I was thinking of doing that option, maybe it would be a good anchor point for a hoist for the garage?
I'm thinking it would be super risky to hook up a hoist to that roof rack and have those two little clamps bare the weight of the top. Just my opinion.

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm thinking it would be super risky to hook up a hoist to that roof rack and have those two little clamps bare the weight of the top. Just my opinion.
I was thinking the same thing, but I thought if it could withstand the wind/drag with a full load travelling down the road at 75MPH, then maybe it could withstand being used to hold the top.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking the same thing, but I thought if it could withstand the wind/drag with a full load travelling down the road at 75MPH, then maybe it could withstand being used to hold the top.
Good logic.

natoe

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velostern N
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really dig this price point but I think all I would ever see and hear about would be that rear logo HOOKER... might just have to deal with it though

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am in market for a roof rack. I have the trailrack at the top of my list. However, at this price point and build quality... I'm intrigue. It looks like the fairing have space for a lightbar as well. I'll wait for your indept review on this roof rack.
Sponsored