Badlands
First Name
John
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Bronco, '21 Bronco
Can some one with current access to a Bronco, look up in the digital owners manual if the external door keypad, the one installed from the factory, is powered by hard wiring or battery?

If it is battery there should be instructions how to change the battery.

4DR Cyber Orange Outer Banks @MAP

20210422_145046.jpg

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Can some one with current access to a Bronco, look up in the digital owners manual if the external door keypad, the one installed from the factory, is powered by hard wiring or battery?

If it is battery there should be instructions how to change the battery.
Its the same stick on battery operated unit they use for Ranger and a couple other vehicles. Should be easy to find a manual.

MrMollusk

Black Diamond
First Name
J.
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep JK, Smart Brabus
Great pics, my build is the 4d BD non squatched so its nice to see some pics!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
For the Bronco? If you have one, you will be the first. Pls share the PDF with the community then.
As I already told you, its the same exact part as used on other vehicles. There is nothing Bronco specific about this cheap stick on keypad. You pop the outer bezel off to replace the battery.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Bronco, '21 Bronco
As I already told you, its the same exact part as used on other vehicles. There is nothing Bronco specific about this cheap stick on keypad. You pop the outer bezel off to replace the battery.
Very possible. But I did not ask for someone's opinion. I asked for confirmation from the OM. Thank you for your effort.

StyleGuy

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
The keypad looks like a wart on a beautiful face. It blows my mind that they didn't integrate it into the pillar. Some of the Ranger guys are moving it to the inside of the gas door. Apparently the battery life is awful.

1619120953215.png

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Very possible. But I did not ask for someone's opinion. I asked for confirmation from the OM. Thank you for your effort.
No opinion here, 100% fact. My opinion would be this thing is garbage and I find it hilarious anyone would want it. Oh, another fact, they have been through numerous recalls and have horrible battery life. Make sure you find that Bronco specific owners manual, you will be changing the battery often, eh @Rick Astley

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330i
The keypad looks like a wart on a beautiful face. It blows my mind that they didn't integrate it into the pillar. Some of the Ranger guys are moving it to the inside of the gas door. Apparently the battery life is awful.

1619120953215.png
Can't it be put on the B-pillar?

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
No opinion here, 100% fact. My opinion would be this thing is garbage and I find it hilarious anyone would want it. Oh, another fact, they have been through numerous recalls and have horrible battery life. Make sure you find that Bronco specific owners manual, you will be changing the battery often, eh @Rick Astley
Bronco-specific part number from the OFFICIAL Bronco accessory page is KB3Z-14A626-B which is cross listed as compatible with over a dozen different cars. So yeah, you're 100% right and stating facts.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/kb3z-14a626-b.html

Advertisement

BuiltRight

Advertisement