Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So winter is officially here. The family and I just went for our first roadtrip in cold, snowy conditions.
My wife was in the back with our little one and informed me that the air from the front air registers weren't quite heating up the back as much as she wanted to keep our little one warm. I told her I'd switch the air control to "Floor" knowing that there were a pair of air vents below each front seat.

Well, this didn't activate them. No flow. I proceeded to try every combination possible on the controls and not once did air flow establish to either vent.
Heck I even tried turning the A/C on instead of the Heat.

I'm stumped. Has anyone else experienced this issue or am I just doing something wrong?

PS. what I did notice after we got to our destination is that the air vents on both sides are both partially obstructed and pointed underneath the rubberized wash-out floors. I was unable to pull up and realign which was disappointing (assuming I can get air out of the bloody things eventually 😂 )

Ford Bronco 4dr Rear Air Vents - No Flow Issue? 20211127_185323
Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
It should flow air when the blend door is set to any setting which includes the floor. If that's not working, it'll be a warranty issue. Could be a connector of a blend door or something.

ou812545

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E60 M5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So winter is officially here. The family and I just went for our first roadtrip in cold, snowy conditions.
My wife was in the back with our little one and informed me that the air from the front air registers weren't quite heating up the back as much as she wanted to keep our little one warm. I told her I'd switch the air control to "Floor" knowing that there were a pair of air vents below each front seat.

Well, this didn't activate them. No flow. I proceeded to try every combination possible on the controls and not once did air flow establish to either vent.
Heck I even tried turning the A/C on instead of the Heat.

I'm stumped. Has anyone else experienced this issue or am I just doing something wrong?

PS. what I did notice after we got to our destination is that the air vents on both sides are both partially obstructed and pointed underneath the rubberized wash-out floors. I was unable to pull up and realign which was disappointing (assuming I can get air out of the bloody things eventually 😂 )

Ford Bronco 4dr Rear Air Vents - No Flow Issue? 20211127_185323
I just went through the same thing with my family. I couldn't get any air to flow through he rear vents.

Curious if this is working for anyone?

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My one vent wasn't properly aligned/pointed like you said. I was able to pull it out and align it.

The spreader/vent output part is not attached. Just grab it and move it around so it's above the floor liner, then slide it back to connect it to the duct.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just went and checked mine. Barely anything comes out with either the lower or front vent selected at full blast. But there is airflow

Sponsored
OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My one vent wasn't properly aligned/pointed like you said. I was able to pull it out and align it.

The spreader/vent output part is not attached. Just grab it and move it around so it's above the floor liner, then slide it back to connect it to the duct.
Ahhh, that did the trick!!

Okay, it's now positioned correctly. Now to try and get flow.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just went and checked mine. Barely anything comes out with either the lower or front vent selected at full blast. But there is airflow
I put a sheet of tissue-paper in front of them thinking it may just be a very small flow and nope... nothing at all.

OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine are basically useless. I tried all the settings barely got a fart out of them.
Oh wow.... Seems more and more that this may be a design flaw more than a warranty issue.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was another afterthought by Ford on the list. Wont be long and all those guys who previously bashed people for complaining about the need for rear vents to pop in.

DoubleADuster

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Ford Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will say that the last two Subarus I bought before my current one were the same. I had a 2013 and 2017 forester and both had no ventilation come from the floor register up front or in rear. So, when I bought my current forester and it had the center rear console vents it was huge plus to the design. I was disappointed to lose them in the bronco, given it can get cold in the mid Atlantic and kids riding in the back seat. We will see, I should trade the forester for my bronco right around Christmas.

OP
OP
CO-Bronco

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get zero airflow from those vents...is that just the way it is with these, or is that actually a warranty issue?
It is honestly looking like that's just the way it is... Bummer.
Sponsored