First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We needed a vacation. The chance to see a 2021 Bronco in person was a great reason to head to Colorado.

We rented a 16’ Airstream Basecamp, put a brake controller on the Wrangler and left Siesta Key, Florida for Breckenridge, Colorado. The Jeep actually tracked better at speed than it does without a trailer. Gave me a little taste of what the Bronco will be like all the time with the IFS. It towed so easily that I find it hard to believe Ford has not under-rated the towing capability of the Bronco 4 door - but that is a debate for other threads.

We stopped at some cool campgrounds along the way and I read Bronco6G late into the night. While driving I thought about some of the differences between my Jeep and my future Bronco. I have 35s currently and will get the Sasquatch. I will end up with a pretty similar setup to what I have now. Hopefully lift it a bit as well. I expect the Bronco to ride a lot better on streets and roads.

The interior of the Bronco looked much more modern than the Wrangler in pictures. Having only seen pictures it was hard to be certain of what it would look like in person of course. The seats in the Bronco were a bit of a concern.

We made it to Colorado and settled into an airbnb for a while. We took the Jeep exploring above Leadville the first full day. This is the kind of thing I want to do with my Bronco. Sometimes we hit harder trails that have fun obstacles, but mostly we just like exploring beautiful back country areas. The ability to do this (and remove doors and top) are the main reasons I drive a Jeep now and a Bronco next year.

We went down and saw the Bronco in Buena Vista yesterday. It was completely worth the drive! By the time we got there I had almost no questions left for the reps that Nate (@irv0735) had not thoroughly covered! So we were able to just look at it from every possible angle.

It is everything I had hoped! The design is near perfect. Ford designers should be very proud of what they have done making a modern version of the 1st gen Bronco. It’s not overly done retro styling. It is a perfect translation into a modern vehicle. I could stare at it all day.

I was happy to see it in black. I hadn’t liked it in black in pictures. In real life the black looked fantastic! I was very happily surprised at how amazing it looked in black. I am now down to black or silver for the color.

The interior was also everything I had hoped. It has a nice simple looking dash that reminds me of old trucks while at the same time being thoroughly modern and well thought out. The seats actually looked nice to me. I know there has been a lot of complaining about them but I suspect most will be happy with the final production version.

When I climbed back in to the Jeep it felt old. Don’t get me wrong - I love my Jeep, it just felt old in comparison to the Bronco. It would take another long post like this to even begin to mention all of the little things that the Bronco has improved upon.

The Bronco is going to do everything that I want. It’s going to do it in an absolutely amazing package that I will be proud to drive down the street. I read some of the threads on here with people’s concerns about this and that. Not to minimize sincere concerns, but I think the big picture gets lost sometimes. The new Bronco is a huge freaking accomplishment. The little nitpicks seem so small when you see the actual vehicle in person IMHO.

I’m attaching a few images - I didn’t take a lot of pictures since there are already so many professional looking ones from the event. I’m also linking a video of the exploring we did above Leadville that shows the type of thing we will be doing with our Bronco.

If you get a chance to see one in person do it! According to the rep they should have more than just the one on display at Bronco East. Go if you can.

Ford Bronco 4k mile road trip to see it -- My impressions of the 2021 Bronco now! Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 8.35.57 AM

Ford Bronco 4k mile road trip to see it -- My impressions of the 2021 Bronco now! Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 8.35.42 AM

Ford Bronco 4k mile road trip to see it -- My impressions of the 2021 Bronco now! Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 8.36.10 AM

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 7.19.35 PM.png
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Outstanding write up Troy! Sounds like a great trip so far. Your photos of the black bronco look much better in terms of what the color actually looks like than some previous ones, probably because of lighting. Your perceptions compliment perfectly the technical information from Nate. I found your observations encouraging and give me a lot of optimism that ford is doing this right. Well done, have a safe trip!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We needed a vacation. The chance to see a 2021 Bronco in person was a great reason to head to Colorado.

We rented a 16’ Airstream Basecamp, put a brake controller on the Wrangler and left Siesta Key, Florida for Breckenridge, Colorado. The Jeep actually tracked better at speed than it does without a trailer. Gave me a little taste of what the Bronco will be like all the time with the IFS. It towed so easily that I find it hard to believe Ford has not under-rated the towing capability of the Bronco 4 door - but that is a debate for other threads.

We stopped at some cool campgrounds along the way and I read Bronco6G late into the night. While driving I thought about some of the differences between my Jeep and my future Bronco. I have 35s currently and will get the Sasquatch. I will end up with a pretty similar setup to what I have now. Hopefully lift it a bit as well. I expect the Bronco to ride a lot better on streets and roads.
What a wonderful post High Proof. What a trip; thank you for sharing with us.

Somehow I feel relieved that you are a Wrangler owner, took that trip to Breckenridge (great skiing), saw the Bronco, and now love it even more, or confirmed things for you visually.

It does appear that Ford hit their moon shot and we will benefit and this will push Jeep to update and upgrade the Wrangler. What Jeep has done with that monster of a Wagonner is impressive thus far, but the idiots need to put woodgrain on the sides, because hell yea on woodgrain on the sides damn it!! ?

I just hope that coming from Florida in September that you took the proper gear to stay warm since it somehow snowed last week in that area.

If you've got other info or perspective to share, please write away; I'll read it and sure others appreciate your penning this post and others as well.

Thanks again,

Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think it has more room than the wrangler?

How about visibility?

I went on a wrangler test drive and it felt like i was in a submarine with the same visibility

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think it has more room than the wrangler?

How about visibility?

I went on a wrangler test drive and it felt like i was in a submarine with the same visibility
It appeared to have more width and overall room inside. Hard to tell for certain without sitting in it.

Visibility is still a question for me. I don't think it will be an issue. Especially with the cameras for off-roading.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Curious about your AirStream experience. Towing (How was it for sway when passing trucks?) and how you liked staying in it. (Does it feel comfortable and open enough for two people when the weather keeps you inside at the campground?)

Braked rating for the Wrangler in other countries is 5000lbs, and mine also wanders less towing about 4500 of boat and trailer. Wonder what the foreign specs will be for the Bronco.

The Bronco comes with sway control so that should help.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great story and details, glad you had a safe trip across the country and even got some kick ass weather (from a Colorado perspective at least)

Love your Leadville clip too, beautiful.

Rigsurly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the positive review! Now that you have seen it, would you get the 2 door or the 4 door?

Sponsored
OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious about your AirStream experience. Towing (How was it for sway when passing trucks?) and how you liked staying in it. (Does it feel comfortable and open enough for two people when the weather keeps you inside at the campground?)

Braked rating for the Wrangler in other countries is 5000lbs, and mine also wanders less towing about 4500 of boat and trailer. Wonder what the foreign specs will be for the Bronco.

The Bronco comes with sway control so that should help.
This was our first time towing so we can't compare to other trailers. Overall it has been a great experience. The guy we rented it from has a 3" lifted Jeep on 35s just like we do. He had a hitch that drops a bit and worked well for us. The hitch has an anti-sway bar (not sure if that is the proper term). The trailer has brakes.

We felt safe and stable at all times. Even while passing or being passed by large tractor trailers on the highway. The Jeep could use more gears for towing. It was hard to find the sweet spot sometimes. Especially when we hit the mountains.

The trailer itself is very well designed. I do think that some aspects of it could be higher quality given the price, but overall we were happy with the execution/build.

The space worked for us. Having a bathroom and shower are game changers. The one thing that we would really like is a dedicated sitting area. We do not always get out of bed at the same time and I would like a place to sit and have my coffee inside. It's nice to be able to leave the bed made up as well.

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the positive review! Now that you have seen it, would you get the 2 door or the 4 door?
I love the looks of the 2 door, but we want the extra space of the 4 door. With Jeeps I think the 4 door looks better. With the Bronco I think the 2 door looks at least as good if not better. I love that they increased the size of the doors on the 2 door. It makes the proportions very balanced.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The interior of the Bronco looked much more modern than the Wrangler in pictures. Having only seen pictures it was hard to be certain of what it would look like in person of course. The seats in the Bronco were a bit of a concern.

We made it to Colorado and settled into an airbnb for a while. We took the Jeep exploring above Leadville the first full day. This is the kind of thing I want to do with my Bronco. Sometimes we hit harder trails that have fun obstacles, but mostly we just like exploring beautiful back country areas. The ability to do this (and remove doors and top) are the main reasons I drive a Jeep now and a Bronco next year.

We went down and saw the Bronco in Buena Vista yesterday. It was completely worth the drive! By the time we got there I had almost no questions left for the reps that Nate (@irv0735) had not thoroughly covered! So we were able to just look at it from every possible angle.

It is everything I had hoped! The design is near perfect. Ford designers should be very proud of what they have done making a modern version of the 1st gen Bronco. It’s not overly done retro styling. It is a perfect translation into a modern vehicle. I could stare at it all day.

I was happy to see it in black. I hadn’t liked it in black in pictures. In real life the black looked fantastic! I was very happily surprised at how amazing it looked in black. I am now down to black or silver for the color.

The interior was also everything I had hoped. It has a nice simple looking dash that reminds me of old trucks while at the same time being thoroughly modern and well thought out. The seats actually looked nice to me. I know there has been a lot of complaining about them but I suspect most will be happy with the final production version.

When I climbed back in to the Jeep it felt old. Don’t get me wrong - I love my Jeep, it just felt old in comparison to the Bronco. It would take another long post like this to even begin to mention all of the little things that the Bronco has improved upon.

The Bronco is going to do everything that I want. It’s going to do it in an absolutely amazing package that I will be proud to drive down the street. I read some of the threads on here with people’s concerns about this and that. Not to minimize sincere concerns, but I think the big picture gets lost sometimes. The new Bronco is a huge freaking accomplishment. The little nitpicks seem so small when you see the actual vehicle in person IMHO.

I’m attaching a few images - I didn’t take a lot of pictures since there are already so many professional looking ones from the event. I’m also linking a video of the exploring we did above Leadville that shows the type of thing we will be doing with our Bronco.

If you get a chance to see one in person do it! According to the rep they should have more than just the one on display at Bronco East. Go if you can.

Ford Bronco 4k mile road trip to see it -- My impressions of the 2021 Bronco now! Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 7.19.35 PM

Ford Bronco 4k mile road trip to see it -- My impressions of the 2021 Bronco now! Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 7.19.35 PM

Great post, thanks for your insights.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a good trip and you got to witness how long snow lasts in Colorado lol.
Sponsored