Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for sharing.

This badlands looks much more mild vs the sasquatch that looks like a mini monster truck. What a difference 2 inches makes :oops:

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 8.36.10 AM.png

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-cyber-orange-jpg.jpg
Ford Bronco 4k mile road trip to see it -- My impressions of the 2021 Bronco now! twss
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for sharing.

This badlands looks much more mild vs the sasquatch that looks like a mini monster truck. What a difference 2 inches makes :oops:

Ford Bronco 4k mile road trip to see it -- My impressions of the 2021 Bronco now! twss
Is that the one with 37s?

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My son turns 16 this coming April and he seems to think he is getting my Jeep as well.
Of course he also thought he would get the mustang at some point. He does a lot of thinking.
I wanted a jeep soooo bad when I was 16 (long time ago!). We live 25 minutes from the beach that you can drive on.

Intense

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sounds like a fun trip.

Having a 17 JK and a 19 JL myself, I can see why the JK pales in comparison to a new Bronco. Heck, even 2 model years will make a difference at times between two recent intros of new or next generation vehicles between competitors.

The ā€˜21 Bronco will surely be a nice addition to our family of capable vehicles and probably just a little more road and tech friendly.

Iā€™m looking forward to a low maintenance interior where the seats are easier to clean and hope they are comfortable as well. Thatā€™s important as a selling point IS the IFS and itā€™s more road friendly disposition. Letā€™s hope for the best but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever had issue with my Fords.

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing one in person but that may not happen before ordering.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the fastback top on your Jeep, I think a top like that would look cool on the Bronco as well. (Maybe someone on here could render that??) Thanks for the write up and safe travels.

Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FANTASTIC write up and such an awesome story. I commend you and your wife for heading out on such a journey.

I really appreciated your positive write up. I do not feel that it was biased, untruthful, or trying to be overly positive. But, with all the ā€œnegative Nanciesā€ that tend to pick things apart sometimes you do lose the forest for the trees and itā€™s important to stay focused and not think yourself out of what you believe to be an incredible vehicle.

I can tell you thought very carefully about what you wanted to say, and you did a great job. Enjoy your trip home and thanks for sharing!

Bronco Billy Boy

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We needed a vacation. The chance to see a 2021 Bronco in person was a great reason to head to Colorado.

We rented a 16ā€™ Airstream Basecamp, put a brake controller on the Wrangler and left Siesta Key, Florida for Breckenridge, Colorado. The Jeep actually tracked better at speed than it does without a trailer. Gave me a little taste of what the Bronco will be like all the time with the IFS. It towed so easily that I find it hard to believe Ford has not under-rated the towing capability of the Bronco 4 door - but that is a debate for other threads.

We stopped at some cool campgrounds along the way and I read Bronco6G late into the night. While driving I thought about some of the differences between my Jeep and my future Bronco. I have 35s currently and will get the Sasquatch. I will end up with a pretty similar setup to what I have now. Hopefully lift it a bit as well. I expect the Bronco to ride a lot better on streets and roads.

The interior of the Bronco looked much more modern than the Wrangler in pictures. Having only seen pictures it was hard to be certain of what it would look like in person of course. The seats in the Bronco were a bit of a concern.

We made it to Colorado and settled into an airbnb for a while. We took the Jeep exploring above Leadville the first full day. This is the kind of thing I want to do with my Bronco. Sometimes we hit harder trails that have fun obstacles, but mostly we just like exploring beautiful back country areas. The ability to do this (and remove doors and top) are the main reasons I drive a Jeep now and a Bronco next year.

We went down and saw the Bronco in Buena Vista yesterday. It was completely worth the drive! By the time we got there I had almost no questions left for the reps that Nate (@irv0735) had not thoroughly covered! So we were able to just look at it from every possible angle.

It is everything I had hoped! The design is near perfect. Ford designers should be very proud of what they have done making a modern version of the 1st gen Bronco. Itā€™s not overly done retro styling. It is a perfect translation into a modern vehicle. I could stare at it all day.

I was happy to see it in black. I hadnā€™t liked it in black in pictures. In real life the black looked fantastic! I was very happily surprised at how amazing it looked in black. I am now down to black or silver for the color.

The interior was also everything I had hoped. It has a nice simple looking dash that reminds me of old trucks while at the same time being thoroughly modern and well thought out. The seats actually looked nice to me. I know there has been a lot of complaining about them but I suspect most will be happy with the final production version.

When I climbed back in to the Jeep it felt old. Donā€™t get me wrong - I love my Jeep, it just felt old in comparison to the Bronco. It would take another long post like this to even begin to mention all of the little things that the Bronco has improved upon.

The Bronco is going to do everything that I want. Itā€™s going to do it in an absolutely amazing package that I will be proud to drive down the street. I read some of the threads on here with peopleā€™s concerns about this and that. Not to minimize sincere concerns, but I think the big picture gets lost sometimes. The new Bronco is a huge freaking accomplishment. The little nitpicks seem so small when you see the actual vehicle in person IMHO.

Iā€™m attaching a few images - I didnā€™t take a lot of pictures since there are already so many professional looking ones from the event. Iā€™m also linking a video of the exploring we did above Leadville that shows the type of thing we will be doing with our Bronco.

If you get a chance to see one in person do it! According to the rep they should have more than just the one on display at Bronco East. Go if you can.

Thanks for the positivity and great pics and especially the writing. Hope youā€™re able to attend and report on all the future Bronco events

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for sharing.

I love the orange....that's gonna be my truck
Sponsored