Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just got back from an 8-day, 4k mile road trip that began in Michigan, went through Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Iowa.

I intended on this being a road trip with no specific agendas other than at some point visiting the Badlands (been planning that since reservation day) and also incorporating storm chasing into this too, weather permitting.

I accomplished those goals and more...Including some off road time at Bunce School Road in Allenspark Colorado. It is rated as easy, and I agree, but it was still fun as hell!
Here are some highlight shots from the trip, including mine next to a matte black Bronc at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park..Anyone here?

The shots of me (except at the Badlands) were shots my girlfriend took :)
I'll amend this post with more details soon, or if anyone has specific questions. Just got home and am editing photos still and am EXHAUSTED!!

UPDATE:

So I mentioned wanting to storm chase...So I did. Twice...Once in S. Dakota near Hot Springs where I mostly shot cool clouds and ended up driving through pea-sized hail that ended up laying down over an inch in about 10 minutes....The next chase was several days later just south of North Platte Nebraska on June 9th.
That is where the rainbow photo was shot....That is where my hood got some battle scars from near golf ball-sized hail about 15 minutes prior to that shot. MOST of the hail was about marble sized or slightly larger...But at least 7 hail stones that hit my hood were more than 1.25" in diameter.
The last photo was the supercell that produced the hail....I'll update more later...I'm tired as hell LOL!

IMPRESSIONS:

Impressions from MY GIRLFRIEND, "I can't believe how comfortable the Bronco is for such a long trip."
Impressions from ME:
1: I was surprised that we could do a 6 hour stint and not be dying at the end. It really is pretty comfy for what this vehicle was designed to do.
2: The windshield was CONSTANTLY covered in bugs! LOL!!! But it is nearly vertical so..Yeah
3: I get my best mpg at like 75mph.
4: When cell service was bad, it seemed like my phone would disconnect from Sync a lot. Coincidence? idk....Was annoying at times but nothing major.
5: My first experience off-roading at Bunce Schoolhouse Road in Colorado was BADASS!!
I will post a video of me going through a "puddle" that pushed water nearly onto the hood and it was not a problem at all. I went over stuff that my F-150 would have fell apart on. And the G.O.A.T. modes...Are LEGIT! I was in Baja Mode on sandy (deep sand) roads in Nebraska FLYING down them chasing storms and hit this sort of rhythm section and it just absorbed every bump so damn smooth. It made chasing SO MUCH better than anything I've ever owned.
6: EVERY DAMN STOP I was answering questions about my Bronco! LOL!!

Ford Bronco 4k miles in 8 days...Michigan to Colorado and back + more! Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 17.47.13 PM

Ford Bronco 4k miles in 8 days...Michigan to Colorado and back + more! Bronco Kansas Badlands_5_FB

Ford Bronco 4k miles in 8 days...Michigan to Colorado and back + more! Bronco Kansas Badlands1

Ford Bronco 4k miles in 8 days...Michigan to Colorado and back + more! Bronco Kansas Badlands5

Ford Bronco 4k miles in 8 days...Michigan to Colorado and back + more! Bronco Kansas Badlands4

Ford Bronco 4k miles in 8 days...Michigan to Colorado and back + more! SMD_5217

Ford Bronco 4k miles in 8 days...Michigan to Colorado and back + more! SMD_5351-Edit

Ford Bronco 4k miles in 8 days...Michigan to Colorado and back + more! Stanley Bronco Buddy

Ford Bronco 4k miles in 8 days...Michigan to Colorado and back + more! BLSign

Ford Bronco 4k miles in 8 days...Michigan to Colorado and back + more! NeedlesBronco1_FB

Ford Bronco 4k miles in 8 days...Michigan to Colorado and back + more! NeedlesBronco2_FB

Ford Bronco 4k miles in 8 days...Michigan to Colorado and back + more! BroncoBow_FB

Ford Bronco 4k miles in 8 days...Michigan to Colorado and back + more! SuperCell 1_FB
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Landvalue

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks, with a 2023 on the way
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I just got back from an 8-day, 4k mile road trip that began in Michigan, went through Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Iowa.

I intended on this being a road trip with no specific agendas other than at some point visiting the Badlands (been planning that since reservation day) and also incorporating storm chasing into this too, weather permitting.

I accomplished those goals and more...Including some off road time at Bunce School Road in Allenspark Colorado. It is rated as easy, and I agree, but it was still fun as hell!
Here are some highlight shots from the trip, including mine next to a matte black Bronc at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park..Anyone here?

I'll amend this post with more details soon, or if anyone has specific questions. Just got home and am editing photos still and am EXHAUSTED!!

Ford Bronco 4k miles in 8 days...Michigan to Colorado and back + more! SuperCell 1_FB

I love the wrap!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome trip.

Sponsored

colobronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm the cyber orange bronco in Estes, but we live in town and walk to most things so it stays hidden in the garage.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jamie my man, your Bronco is looking EPIC these days and this trip looks like one hell of an adventure!

I spent the day at an Ontario Bronco Club meet-up a few hours north and although it was a blast I couldn't stop thinking, when my Michigan brothers and sisters going to organize something similar!

If you hear of anything you let me know amigo, dying to meet some of the ol' Dirt Mountain gang and some other new faces.

Cheers!

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can't wait to do this segment in my road trip! I'm glad to see you guys had a great time! 🤩

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jamie my man, your Bronco is looking EPIC these days and this trip looks like one hell of an adventure!

I spent the day at an Ontario Bronco Club meet-up a few hours north and although it was a blast I couldn't stop thinking, when my Michigan brothers and sisters going to organize something similar!

If you hear of anything you let me know amigo, dying to meet some of the ol' Dirt Mountain gang and some other new faces.

Cheers!
Michigan has a Bronco Club and we have a meet-up at least once a month. Would love to connect in person after all this time in the forums!

https://michiganbroncos.club/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/group-posts/5878/#js-comment-40433

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Killer photos! Can't wait to hear more about the trip, and to hear your thoughts on how the Bronco did - any problems, surprises, overall impression driving that kind of distance, ride quality/comfort, bugs, etc - Looks like an amazing trip though!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Killer photos! Can't wait to hear more about the trip, and to hear your thoughts on how the Bronco did - any problems, surprises, overall impression driving that kind of distance, ride quality/comfort, bugs, etc - Looks like an amazing trip though!!
Impressions from MY GIRLFRIEND, "I can't believe how comfortable the Bronco is for such a long trip."
Impressions from ME:
1: I was surprised that we could do a 6 hour stint and not be dying at the end. It really is pretty comfy for what this vehicle was designed to do.
2: The windshield was CONSTANTLY covered in bugs! LOL!!! But it is nearly vertical so..Yeah
4: When cell service was bad, it seemed like my phone would disconnect from Sync a lot. Coincidence? idk....Was annoying at times but nothing major.
5: My first experience off-roading at Bunce Schoolhouse Road in Colorado was BADASS!!
I will post a video of me going through a "puddle" that pushed water nearly onto the hood and it was not a problem at all. I went over stuff that my F-150 would have fell apart on. And the G.O.A.T. modes...Are LEGIT! I was in Baja Mode on sandy (deep sand) roads in Nebraska FLYING down them chasing storms and hit this sort of rhythm section and it just absorbed every bump so damn smooth. It made chasing SO MUCH better than anything I've ever owned.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE:

So I mentioned wanting to storm chase...So I did. Twice...Once in S. Dakota near Hot Springs where I mostly shot cool clouds and ended up driving through pea-sized hail that ended up laying down over an inch in about 10 minutes....The next chase was several days later just south of North Platte Nebraska on June 9th.
That is where the rainbow photo was shot....That is where my hood got some battle scars from near golf ball-sized hail about 15 minutes prior to that shot. MOST of the hail was about marble sized or slightly larger...But at least 7 hail stones that hit my hood were more than 1.25" in diameter.
The last photo was the supercell that produced the hail....I'll update more later...I'm tired as hell LOL!

Leather or MGV?

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

UPDATE:

IMPRESSIONS:

Impressions from ME:

Great pictures!
Sponsored