Sponsored

4Quarter20 Dash Rail - The Simple Solution For All Your Bronco Accessories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Sinister CNC

Sinister CNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram TRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What length of the 67 arm works best? Thanks.
In these photos I have the Belkin MagSafe mount on a 7cm (5.9-inch overall) arm from Bulletpoint Mounting Solutions. It looks like the equivalent arm from 67 Designs would be their small arm which measures 6.5-inches long.
Sponsored

calcutta

Big Bend
First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MME CA Route 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Received today, installed tonight with the Belkin magsafe mount; exactly what I need! Thanks a ton! Excited to mount a camera and get some nice trail footage 🤩
Ford Bronco 4Quarter20 Dash Rail - The Simple Solution For All Your Bronco Accessories! 0C1D8493-C9EE-48EC-831E-02A39E38E329

OP
OP
Sinister CNC

Sinister CNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram TRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received today, installed tonight with the Belkin magsafe mount; exactly what I need! Thanks a ton! Excited to mount a camera and get some nice trail footage 🤩
Ford Bronco 4Quarter20 Dash Rail - The Simple Solution For All Your Bronco Accessories! 0C1D8493-C9EE-48EC-831E-02A39E38E329
Looks great! Thank you for your order and I hope it serves you well for a long time to come!

OP
OP
Sinister CNC

Sinister CNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram TRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We’ve got the family loaded up for a little road trip and our mount is working out great for everyone! 😎
Ford Bronco 4Quarter20 Dash Rail - The Simple Solution For All Your Bronco Accessories! 55DEB6C1-968A-4A3A-A39E-D54EC8D3079E

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does Belkin make a MagSafe mount that attaches to a 20mm ball? I only see the one that attaches to a vent, so you have to put something else between a rod and the mount?

Sponsored

Diamond_Dogs23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have ordered one as well and am wondering what the shortest arm length will work with the mount so it doesn't hang over the dash or block the hero switches? I see in the photo you are using the ones around 6 inches long and looking for something shorter. Thanks

OP
OP
Sinister CNC

Sinister CNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram TRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does Belkin make a MagSafe mount that attaches to a 20mm ball? I only see the one that attaches to a vent, so you have to put something else between a rod and the mount?
I've made a custom vent mount that is included with my dash rail kit that will adapt any vent mount phone holder to a 20mm ball. I used the Belkin MagSafe to model my design from.

Ford Bronco 4Quarter20 Dash Rail - The Simple Solution For All Your Bronco Accessories! tempImagey85KJT

Ford Bronco 4Quarter20 Dash Rail - The Simple Solution For All Your Bronco Accessories! tempImagef71eyu

Ford Bronco 4Quarter20 Dash Rail - The Simple Solution For All Your Bronco Accessories! tempImageFFQUwa

OP
OP
Sinister CNC

Sinister CNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram TRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have ordered one as well and am wondering what the shortest arm length will work with the mount so it doesn't hang over the dash or block the hero switches? I see in the photo you are using the ones around 6 inches long and looking for something shorter. Thanks
The good thing about the 6-inch arms is you can angle them nicely to ago around the hero switches. I don't have a shorter arm than the 6-inch currently. On the passenger side side I'm using a 7.8-inch arm and it works with our vent mount nicely.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sinister CNC

Sinister CNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram TRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are those 3D printed?
Yes, our kit is made with an engineering grade PC reinforced with Carbon Fiber. It matches well with the interior of Bronco. All of our hardware is black (prototype photo below without final fasteners) and uses Torx fasters to match the Bronco hardware as best we could.

Ford Bronco 4Quarter20 Dash Rail - The Simple Solution For All Your Bronco Accessories! 3D276FFB-EF57-4623-ABC9-9411BB3EB281

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, our kit is made with an engineering grade PC reinforced with Carbon Fiber. It matches well with the interior of Bronco. All of our hardware is black (prototype photo below without final fasteners) and uses Torx fasters to match the Bronco hardware as best we could.

Ford Bronco 4Quarter20 Dash Rail - The Simple Solution For All Your Bronco Accessories! 3D276FFB-EF57-4623-ABC9-9411BB3EB281
Markforged printer I am guessing?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The base is likely Ok but I’d caution you on the other mounts. They may not be critical if they break but these ball mounts will definitely see premature wear fyi.

OP
OP
Sinister CNC

Sinister CNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram TRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The base is likely Ok but I’d caution you on the other mounts. They may not be critical if they break but these ball mounts will definitely see premature wear fyi.
To be extra extra safe the ball mounts have a 1/4-20 bolt through the middle of them so they are basically a big flat head bolt to reduce any risk of breakage.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be extra extra safe the ball mounts have a 1/4-20 bolt through the middle of them so they are basically a big flat head bolt to reduce any risk of breakage.
That helps on the weak portion to keep it from snapping but my concern would lie with the build lines. Those build lines will wear prematurely and scar with years of use. Have you thought about selling the mount alone and letting people purchase cnc ball mounts?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.