Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On paper, the Bronco's dimensions appear to be almost identical to the 4 Runner's. How do they compare size-wise in reality? As some have noted, 4 Runner looks bigger, but that may just be the perspective?
The 4runner has longer body, but the width on the bronco is what felt impressive. not including the fenders or the wheels, it felt slightly larger, maybe just lack of curves compared to the 4runner, but definitely felt wider in person

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4Runner Doors off kit..... not looking so good....

Ford Bronco 4Runner vs Bronco Overland Concept side by side [more photos added] 1604434394283

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got nothing but LOVE for both vehicles. That 5th Gen 4Runner is looking sweet. I've got a 4th and 3rd Gen 4Runner and was in the market for a 1st Gen when the Bronco reservation process opened up. It would be a lot easier for me to just buy a Bronco then restore a 1st Gen 4Runner to get the open air experience. I hope Ford paid attention to 4Runner owner complaints about lifts and tire size changes. Don't want to have to cut off a new Bronco body mount to prevent rubbing. FYI, I'm daily driving my 1997 4Runner with 305k miles, and it still rides better than most vehicles half its age.
dXNW4qIl.jpg

fastone

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2013 F-150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rick Astley
4Runner vs Bronco Overland Concept side by side [more photos added]
...been answered dozens of times across multiple threads. The answer is out there and it will find you if you let it. But for now, like an Alzheimer's sufferer asking the same question over and over and over again, we get this question like an Alzheimer's sufferer asking the same question over...
Rick Astley Post #10 Monday at 2:02 PM Forum: Photos / Videos / Build Journals

Rick Astley

Hands On Walkaround Review of the Bronco Overland Badlands With Sasquatch Package
...only for them to actively ignore your feedback and answers so they can ask the same bloody question again, and again and again, like an Alzheimer's sufferer asking the same bloody question again and again and again, like an Alzheimer's sufferer asking the same bloody question again and again...
Rick Astley Post #28 Friday at 12:35 PM Forum: Photos / Videos / Build Journals
Dear A-HOLE Rick Astley,

This is the second thread you have ridiculed, maligned and made fun of persons with Alzheimer's. I let it go the first time but enough is enough. I have lost my mother, grandmother and mother-in-law to Alzheimer's. My sister has been diagnosed with early onset dementia recently. How I wish they were able to ask me the same questions over and over.

Eight years ago my wife, of 49 years at age 58, was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia. As her sole caregiver I took care of her for seven years before having to place her in a care facility last year. I watched a vibrant loving woman reduced to a person who can no longer perform any activities of daily living. To educate a thoughtless ignorant person like yourself these include dressing/bathing, eating, ambulating (walking), toileting and hygiene. She hasn't been able to speak or respond to me, our three children or seven grandchildren for over a year and a half and we miss her terribly. How I wish she were able to ask me the same questions over and over.

We have not been able to even visit her since the lock down of nursing homes due to COVID-19 since May. She even contracted COVID but has almost recovered or so the nurses and doctor tell me. How I wish she were able to ask me the same questions over and over.

If I were as big of an a-hole as you, I'd whish Alzheimer's on you and your loved ones. However, I am praying you never have to deal with is long horrible, debilitating, deadly disease. I would never wish that on my worst enemies let alone someone I've never met.

Next time you feel the need to speak ill of people who can't speak for themselves, TAKE IT ELSEWHERE!

Sponsored

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to say it but the 4runner looks better.

chribroo

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a shame you can't get the Sasquatch package or 2.7L on the B&P with the roof rack or Yakima tent. I haven't been following threads about this lately but people were indicating that it was due to the weight of the vehicle.

Chcg12

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Late 2022 should have a new 4Runner out, FYI. I am totally going with the Bronco, but the wife is waiting for the new 4runner for gen 5 price drops.
Do you expect the gen 5 to price drop significantly? Im not sure as some will prefer the old tech, proven reliability etc..thanks

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you expect the gen 5 to price drop significantly? Im not sure as some will prefer the old tech, proven reliability etc..thanks
Most definitely. Not to mention all prices should be dropping due to the supply/demand issues caused by COVID.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's another 4Runner vs Bronco sighting.

Ford Bronco 4Runner vs Bronco Overland Concept side by side [more photos added] 4Runner vs 2021 Bronco
Looks like a monster here.

I want to see a side-on photo of a 4Runner and Bronco together. Every photo we've seen the camera is skewed to one or the other. Usually the Bronco.

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's another 4Runner vs Bronco sighting.

4Runner vs 2021 Bronco.jpeg
It's being shown with the black hardtop more.........Looks ten time better than the grey
Hopefully they will reconsider and make it black only. You'll see years from now they will make it black after the hideous remarks and being ridiculed from the market place. Why have a new product out there with the grey that downgrades its appeal. Do it right.......from the get go!
IMO

Jeep has come out woth some great colors and models lately.....look out FORD!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's being shown with the black hardtop more.........Looks ten time better than the grey
Hopefully they will reconsider and make it black only. You'll see years from now they will make it black after the hideous remarks and being ridiculed from the market place. Why have a new product out there with the grey that downgrades its appeal. Do it right.......from the get go!
IMO

Jeep has come out woth some great colors and models lately.....look out FORD!
1) Holy crap dude....every post you make is about the roof. We get it.
2) This is a grey roof, not black.

This is why I laugh when people complain about it ad nauseum. It doesn't look as bad as you might think. Even you were fooled by it.

We've seen a ton of pre-production roofs in poor lighting. You get varying shades. Save your whining for the time when the 100% finished production roofs are made. And if you still want to whine....wait for a painted one to come out. The MIC roof won't be black on a 2021 Bronco.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it will hold its value. The prices of a lot of used vehicles have gone up since COVID. I just sold my 2015 4Runner for 27k. I bought it for 34k 6 years ago. That’s some darn good resale. The previous gens sell well to, so there should be any reason the 5th gen doesn’t. Just look at the FJ. That thing isn’t really great at anything and it’s resale is through the roof.
Sponsored