Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Receiver hitch mounted winch.
Or a rear number mount winch. Or behind the rear bumper mount winch, would need to relocate the muffler but it could be done.

Or go really trick and do like some military vehicles have and mount the winch under the vehicle on the frame so the winch cable can be routed to the front or the rear.

Or add a hitch receiver to the front and keep the winch on the hitch mount somewhere else and mount it to the front just when you need it.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Or add a hitch receiver to the front and keep the winch on the hitch mount somewhere else and mount it to the front just when you need it.
Yes, that's the idea: 2 receivers and 1 winch on the draw bar. Connections at both ends.

1 winch, 2 mounting locations.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When is JC whitney going to showcase their parts?

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, that's the idea: 2 receivers and 1 winch on the draw bar. Connections at both ends.

1 winch, 2 mounting locations.
Or 4 mounting locations. Add ones to the rock sliders so you can pull sideways. Or pull sideways to roll a truck on its side back on its tires.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rookie question here- do you have to unbolt the skid plate(s) each time you change the oil? I've never had them on my trucks and am curious if it's normal for manufacturers to design the mounting with this in mind, or any type of maintenance access-friendly paneling.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rookie question here- do you have to unbolt the skid plate(s) each time you change the oil? I've never had them on my trucks and am curious if it's normal for manufacturers to design the mounting with this in mind, or any type of maintenance access-friendly paneling.
I'm sure they leave a hole in the plate.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That was just looking up to see what I could find for aftermarket skid plates. I'm not talking just the front one I'm talking the underbelly protection.

Ran across a Ford parts site that was selling the heavy duty skid plates that you can option And they wanted almost $2k!

Are skid plates really that expensive?

I really don't like the HD bumper, but it's the only way to get the factory HD skids. And of course you lose the fog lights.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Those welds on the bumper are horrible. Is the rear diff skid held on with a muffler clamp?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was just looking up to see what I could find for aftermarket skid plates. I'm not talking just the front one I'm talking the underbelly protection.

Ran across a Ford parts site that was selling the heavy duty skid plates that you can option And they wanted almost $2k!

Are skid plates really that expensive?

I really don't like the HD bumper, but it's the only way to get the factory HD skids. And of course you lose the fog lights.
I don’t even think you get the skid plates with the HD bumper unless you option the Badlands or Black Diamond.

You only get the front.

Ford Bronco 4wheelparts (4WP) skid plates look good 98137C26-07D7-45EB-8EA4-127CEC04635E

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t even think you get the skid plates with the HD bumper unless you option the Badlands or Black Diamond.

You only get the front.
yeah correct. So for me to get proper protection on any trim other than BD or BL, we have to buy Rock Rails ($400-900), then Skid Plates ($1000-2000)... And I haven't even gotten to the front bumper yet at another $1,500-$2000 (for a winch capable)

starting to think twice about wanting to keep my factory fog light wiring.
Sponsored