Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

totally bolt on. the springs are custom to that application but the shock is based on 2.5 shock technology. meaning you can probably tune coils from the racing industry. The team did a great job nailing that shock and spring down. try it first before you start tuning.
How about the rear setup? When do you recommend changes to track bar or control arms? I'm planning to lift 2 inches above base height and wonder if the rear track bar is going to be an issue if left stock.
Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So 37x12.50s should work on factory SAS wheels with a 3” lift and new UCA’s? They have a +30 offset. Mentally planning out the build now 😂

Also, X2 on the front swaybar quick disconnects. Definitely bring those to market for the non Badlands crowd.

dirtstar2002

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72K5Blazer, 1980Toyota Hilux, 2014 silverado1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So 37x12.50s should work on factory SAS wheels with a 3” lift and new UCA’s? They have a +30 offset. Mentally planning out the build now 😂

Also, X2 on the front swaybar quick disconnects. Definitely bring those to market for the non Badlands crowd.
With some light trimming.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Speaking of the manual hubs (yeah I know we're not supposed to). I don't really see the point, 40% of Broncos will be Squatch (w/ Adv 4x4) another 20% Non Sas Adv 4x4. You really wouldn't want manuals with Adv 4x4, kinda defeats the purpose. Of the rest most will have Front Axle Disco which serves the same purpose (reliability could be argued). That leaves BB's with 4.27's which have part time 4x4 and (for some strange reason) no FAD as the only combo that could benefit much from the hubs. This happens to be my build, but I won't be getting the manual hubs. I've had manuals, auto, no hub and AWD, they've all worked fine.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

totally bolt on. the springs are custom to that application but the shock is based on 2.5 shock technology. meaning you can probably tune coils from the racing industry. The team did a great job nailing that shock and spring down. try it first before you start tuning.
So I’d still like to know about the rear, but how about availability? I will hopefully have an August delivery. Will the coilovers be available then? I want to install as soon as I get it home. I’m really interested to see what Fox has at that time as well and will probably go with what’s available this summer.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Speaking of the manual hubs (yeah I know we're not supposed to). I don't really see the point, 40% of Broncos will be Squatch (w/ Adv 4x4) another 20% Non Sas Adv 4x4. You really wouldn't want manuals with Adv 4x4, kinda defeats the purpose. Of the rest most will have Front Axle Disco which serves the same purpose (reliability could be argued). That leaves BB's with 4.27's which have part time 4x4 and (for some strange reason) no FAD as the only combo that could benefit much from the hubs. This happens to be my build, but I won't be getting the manual hubs. I've had manuals, auto, no hub and AWD, they've all worked fine.
I think the Adv 4 x 4 market is the target. When you know you will stay in 2wd leave the hubs unlocked and pick up some mileage. When not, leave them locked, same result as stock.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've seen the Warn equivalent of those locking hubs blow up during rock crawling on numerous occasions.
I guess they would be ok for some really minor stuff, but from what I have seen, they can't handle a lot of torque and once they break, you are stuck open.
With how good modern transfer cases and differentials are, this is a modification that I personally, don't see the need for.
I'd be real curious to see the ROI on cost+installation, vs gas savings to see if there is any

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I’d still like to know about the rear, but how about availability? I will hopefully have an August delivery. Will the coilovers be available then? I want to install as soon as I get it home. I’m really interested to see what Fox has at that time as well and will probably go with what’s available this summer.
Our 4wp Coilover package covers all 4 corners.

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I still can't talk about locking hubs. Personally I like them. less parasitic loss on the highway, but mainly if you break something inboard of the wheel bearing you can turn off the spinning parts driven by the tires. I'm working on putting locking hubs on my Hilux so I can flat tow it.

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@dirtstar2002 I know coilover packages and fitting 35s and 37s are the more glamorous side of the aftermarket, but what about the rest of us. I'm sure there are a lot of us non-sas Base, BB, BD, and OB folks that just want to run 32-34s. Will you have smaller Stage 1 or spacer kits for level and level/lift(0.5-1.5")? And how soon?

Thanks for the info!

Our 4wp Coilover package covers all 4 corners.

Last edited:

dirtstar2002

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@dirtstar2002 I know coilover packages and fitting 35s and 37s are the more glamorous side of the aftermarket, but what about the rest of us. I'm sure there are a lot of us non-sas Base, BB, BD, and OB folks that just want to run 32-34s. Will you have smaller Stage 1 or spacer kits for level and level/lift(0.5-1.5")? And how soon?

Thanks for the info!
The coil overs are adjustable from 1'' lift to 3.5'' leaving you room to grow into as you morph your build over the years. We do have an entry level spacer kit also.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We’ve seen the 2” spacer kit on that flyer already. What other sizes will you have and will they be available right away?

The coil overs are adjustable from 1'' lift to 3.5'' leaving you room to grow into as you morph your build over the years. We do have an entry level spacer kit also.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We’ve seen the 2” spacer kit on that flyer already. What other sizes will you have and will they be available right away?
Because of front end geometry it's hard to get less than an 1 1/2" in the front with a spacer. I think 1 1/2 front and 1" rear would be just right.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you talking about the wedge shaped top hat?
Because of front end geometry it's hard to get less than an 1 1/2" in the front with a spacer. I think 1 1/2 front and 1" rear would be just right.
Sponsored