Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where is the response from 4WP?
This is not acceptable. That’s not even close to what you are advertising. Pretty poor way to introduce a lot of people who are new to off-roading to your company.

4WP doesn’t have a great reputation and stuff like this is why. I’d demand my money back and get something with a proper fit.

cksov1

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra, Mazda Miata, Dune Buggy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is a 4WP location less than 10 minutes from my house. I was planning on having them do all of my upgrades but after seeing this deception and the fact that they wouldn't post a review pointing this out, I will not be doing ANY business with 4WP.

OP
OP
Bronco_joe

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where is the response from 4WP?
This is not acceptable. That’s not even close to what you are advertising. Pretty poor way to introduce a lot of people who are new to off-roading to your company.

4WP doesn’t have a great reputation and stuff like this is why. I’d demand my money back and get something with a proper fit.
The original one they showed was preproduction. The new skid plate was made to fit multiple bumpers. Explained to me

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The original one they showed was preproduction. The new skid plate was made to fit multiple bumpers. Explained to me
Are they up front about that on their website when you order it?
If they are still showing the preproduction to get your order, it’s deceptive and should tell you a bit about what they are about.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco_joe

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are they up front about that on their website when you order it?
Nothing. I had to call. I sold my mod bumper with skid plate so I was stuck with it. Wasn't very happy but I'm planning for someone to weld an extension on

Plus I just checked their website if there was an update. They increased the price on the bumper and the winch mounting plate

dirtstar2002

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72K5Blazer, 1980Toyota Hilux, 2014 silverado1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is on our radar. The original intent was a single skid plate that fit OEM steel bumpers and 4WP factory bumpers. This would lower our SKU count in Distribution and keep the sales numbers up so it doesn't get discontinued. We have a series of meetings about not only fixing the gap, but fixing the situation that let that get out as a final product. I can't give you any details yet, but we are working on a plan.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is on our radar. The original intent was a single skid plate that fit OEM steel bumpers and 4WP factory bumpers. This would lower our SKU count in Distribution and keep the sales numbers up so it doesn't get discontinued. We have a series of meetings about not only fixing the gap, but fixing the situation that let that get out as a final product. I can't give you any details yet, but we are working on a plan.
Thanks for the update Ryan. Awesome to hear that it’s getting looked at.

Unfortunately oversights sometimes make it through to production, kind of a fact of life.

At a quick glance I’m guessing the prototype was done with a Bronco that had the modular bumper, which lacks the recovery points that exist with a base bumper.

Unfortunately, Ford made those recovery points integral to the inter cooler mounts, so if you want to fit a front skid plate on a Bronco that didn’t come from Ford with one you either need to have a gap around them, or break out the angle grinder and remove those steel loops.

Josh40601

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been updated. Pics with factory bumper and 4wp bumper.

Ford Bronco 4wp bumper and skid plate IMG_20211120_080929_825

Ford Bronco 4wp bumper and skid plate PXL_20211223_002952276

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's a video some people put out talking about how 4wp pre production parts and the parts they are sending out are a little different. This is probably an example of that

Sponsored

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you 🙏 .
I took my skid plate back for a return with no problem . Looking forward to the fixed version.

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you want
Did they fix this issue so I can purchase online ? I returned it a couple months ago after wasting my time to install and uninstall. Hopefully they are not still selling the bad ones with a gap on the website?That would be odd 🤔

OP
OP
Bronco_joe

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you want

Did they fix this issue so I can purchase online ? I returned it a couple months ago after wasting my time to install and uninstall. Hopefully they are not still selling the bad ones with a gap on the website?That would be odd 🤔
They did not fix the issue. It was made so it could fit stock and multiple bumpers. Now on their website, the photos have a warning indicating preproduction photos.

I have my skid plate for sale if your interested? Lol

treyrich

Wildtrak
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 1967 Fastback Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there any update on this? Or should we forget it and move on to another product?
Sponsored