Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Greetings everyone. I am getting impatient with the aftermarket so I may look into the 4wp coil overs.

Does anyone have any good experience with these? Looking to clean up the ride on/off road on my Badlands.

I was really surprised that the ride over any kind of terrain is not too much different than my super duty that I previously had. Everything is just so stiff.

The 4wp coil overs look to be a decent product. I know they are hand built in California. Would love FOX/ICON to release something but thats going to be a way out.

Thanks!
Sponsored

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These coming soon, you may want to check them out as Kings are usually considered top of the line. VRX off-road suspension by Vorsteiner — King Edition

Ford Bronco 4WP coilovers - feedback / review? AF8347B9-B02C-4AE0-A057-904754F6EE93
OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................. !

Damn, nearly broke my neck doin' a double take.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How soon is soon and will it be/be paired with a 3 1/2 to 4 inch lift? Thx. Need room for the 37‘s.

OP
OP
rutherk1

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the reply

Absolutely, King is top notch but in looking at their stuff, their specs seem to hint at limiting suspension travel.

I know this it petty, but I dont like the way their front external bypass mounts and seems to kink the hose.

Fox has these sexy beasts coming out too!

Ford Bronco 4WP coilovers - feedback / review? F

Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Greetings everyone. I am getting impatient with the aftermarket so I may look into the 4wp coil overs.

Does anyone have any good experience with these? Looking to clean up the ride on/off road on my Badlands.

I was really surprised that the ride over any kind of terrain is not too much different than my super duty that I previously had. Everything is just so stiff.

The 4wp coil overs look to be a decent product. I know they are hand built in California. Would love FOX/ICON to release something but thats going to be a way out.

Thanks!
You are the only person that I have saw complain about the ride in a Badlands either SAS or not. The Bilsteins appear to be very smooth from all of the review at low and high speed. Even the people doing the offroadeos that have never been offroad brag on the ride. A Bronco can't ride anything like a SD. Heck just the solid front axle makes them ride and drive awful compared to an IFS system.

OP
OP
rutherk1

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are the only person that I have saw complain about the ride in a Badlands either SAS or not. The Bilsteins appear to be very smooth from all of the review at low and high speed. Even the people doing the offroadeos that have never been offroad brag on the ride. A Bronco can't ride anything like a SD. Heck just the solid front axle makes them ride and drive awful compared to an IFS system.
its very odd. I’ve had plenty of trucks in my day (even a 1995 short cab 4x4 f350 PSD back in 1995). Which is the epitome of rough rising trucks.

Just really surprised about the ride over bumps.

Maybe it’s exaggerated since the whole things shakes and rattles as their really isn’t much structural support up top.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

its very odd. I’ve had plenty of trucks in my day (even a 1995 short cab 4x4 f350 PSD back in 1995). Which is the epitome of rough rising trucks.

Just really surprised about the ride over bumps.

Maybe it’s exaggerated since the whole things shakes and rattles as their really isn’t much structural support up top.
Maybe you need to drive another BL to make sure their isn't something wrong with yours.

OP
OP
rutherk1

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe you need to drive another BL to make sure their isn't something wrong with yours.
Not a bad idea. It honestly feels like axles are welded to the body. Well.. maybe not THAT bad.

I thought the tires may be over inflated but they are right at 39 psi.

Who knows. Maybe I’m just getting old or the truck gods are trying to get me to buy the raptor my dealer has.

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a bad idea. It honestly feels like axles are welded to the body. Well.. maybe not THAT bad.

I thought the tires may be over inflated but they are right at 39 psi.

Who knows. Maybe I’m just getting old or the truck gods are trying to get me to buy the raptor my dealer has.
I agree, what you're saying doesn't equate to my experience with my Badlands... I am coming from a 2019 Ram with the self-leveling air suspension and while the Badlands is slightly more rough than that on road, going over rocks and doing high speed runs in the desert has been pretty smooth.

On raod, it's more rough than the Ram, but off road, way smoother... But I'm comparing to an air suspension. There should be no comparison to a super duty...

OP
OP
rutherk1

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt the 4WP coil overs are going to provide a more plush ride than the OEM BL shocks.
They will give you lift but not plushness.
Thanks for the insight.

I think what I am experiencing is a rigid frame, tight suspensions and a not so rigid body. I've pretty much owned 3/4 ton or 1 ton trucks for the last 15 years and, while super stiff, the body is also pretty stiff. On the Super Duty trucks, you get jarred over terrain but the truck seems to hold itself together. I must not used to a vehicle that is missing the top half :). Also pickup trucks tend to be a little tighter since you only really occupy the front half of the vehicle.

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks!
I have a 2018 F250 FX4 as a daily driver. I drove 2 Badlands at the Texas Off-Roadeo, 1 Sasquatch and 1 non. I experienced no similarity in the ride quality to either Bronco and my truck. We got after it pretty well around the funhaver and I certainly would have been pissing blood and breaking teeth in my SuperDuty.

OP
OP
rutherk1

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2018 F250 FX4 as a daily driver. I drove 2 Badlands at the Texas Off-Roadeo, 1 Sasquatch and 1 non. I experienced no similarity in the ride quality to either Bronco and my truck. We got after it pretty well around the funhaver and I certainly would have been pissing blood and breaking teeth in my SuperDuty.
Super weird. I took my 15 year old son to dinner and he honestly asked if I had a flat.

Maybe time to dig into this thing. Something may not be right.

EcoBco

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super weird. I took my 15 year old son to dinner and he honestly asked if I had a flat.

Maybe time to dig into this thing. Something may not be right.
Just my 2 cents as a previous super duty owner also. My BL SAS is no where near driving like a super duty
Sponsored