First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Contacted a few vendors out there. KING is about 10 months out on shipping coil-overs (some vendors say "in stock" they are wrong).

Fox both supplying for BDS and Camburg have not even released a to market date.

Back to 4WP. Wish more people had experience with them. They are build in the USA and are rebuildable. Cant be a terrible option. Other option is to pick up some factory SAS shocks but not sure what all is needed to make them work.
Advertisement

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Driving my dad's f250 with a 4 inch bds lift with fox shocks (not coilovers) and 35s, that thing will jar you to death on your normal somewhat rough dirt road. Compared to driving a sasquatch badlands at the Texas off roadeo, the bronco was astronomically smoother. I did drive a soft top and noticed that it does shake and rattle pretty good when driving hard, so I could see how that could give the impression of it riding rougher than it really is.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Bronco
Outer Banks
Not a bad idea. It honestly feels like axles are welded to the body. Well.. maybe not THAT bad.

I thought the tires may be over inflated but they are right at 39 psi.

Who knows. Maybe I’m just getting old or the truck gods are trying to get me to buy the raptor my dealer has.
39# seems high?

OP
OP
rutherk1

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

39# seems high?
Not at all. I thought they may have been over inflated but they are not.

My old ranger, when I picked it up, was almost 30 PSI over what the sticker called for. Yikes!

Silent Panda

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door JL, a BMW Wagon and a bunch a motos
Bronco
Undecided
I've resisted replying to this...

There is no way these dampers are able to maintain the stock travels...the rear of the Bronco is a very tight package for the given damper stroke...in order to package a rod down coilover a remote or piggy back reservoir is required...

Even the rear King's lose travel.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt the 4WP coil overs are going to provide a more plush ride than the OEM BL shocks.
They will give you lift but not plushness.
I have a set of these, but have not installed them yet.
I have a 4dr BL and the OEM Bilstiens feel fairly good.

I would assume the 4WP coilovers (manufactured by a well known suspension company) will be more plush as the larger piston diameter can do more work, without being over valved/harsh.
The usual culprit for poor ride quality is not enough droop travel. Anything less than 1.5" of droop is gonna ride bad.

I'd assume that lifting the the MAX at 3.5" is going to ride poorly, even with the UCAs.
I plan to keep mine lower at say 1.5"-2.0" of lift.

Last edited:

395N

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL 2DR incoming..
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 4dr BL and the OEM Bilstiens fell fairly good.

I would assume the 4WP coil overs (manufactured by a well known suspension company) will be more plush as the larger piston diameter can do more work, without being over valved/harsh.
The usual culprit for poor ride quality is not enough droop travel. Anything less than 1.5" of droop is gonna ride bad.

I'd assume that lifting the the MAX at 3.5" is going to ride poorly, even with the UCAs.
You could be right, I've never run 4WP coil overs before. I do think you will be hard pressed to find a ride quality as plush as a stock BL.
Interested in your findings however.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Bronco
Base
Clubs

Greetings everyone. I am getting impatient with the aftermarket so I may look into the 4wp coil overs.

Does anyone have any good experience with these? Looking to clean up the ride on/off road on my Badlands.

I was really surprised that the ride over any kind of terrain is not too much different than my super duty that I previously had. Everything is just so stiff.

The 4wp coil overs look to be a decent product. I know they are hand built in California. Would love FOX/ICON to release something but thats going to be a way out.

Thanks!
There is a set of Badlands/FE Bilstein take offs with the control arms on eBay for $1995/BO. That's my plan but I found mine with someone on the forum.

Bronco Bilstein Takeoffs.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 4dr BL and the OEM Bilstiens fell fairly good.

I would assume the 4WP coilovers (manufactured by a well known suspension company) will be more plush as the larger piston diameter can do more work, without being over valved/harsh.

Who makes the coilovers

OP
OP
rutherk1

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Who makes the coilovers
I asked 4wp and they said “Built in house”

Considering the company has like a 1.5/5 rating, after purchase support worries me. I know they are a pretty big company. Maybe that’s part of the issue.

BossBronco

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
Here is my complete 4WP suspension review. Granted I only have a month with the set up and still breaking in my bronco with only 500 miles on it.

You can also see my comment after this--with pic of door tag showing 37s need "39PSI".

As for the 4WP suspension. I have the auto adjust shocks, lift/level kit, rear track bar, and upper control arms. Pretty sure that's everything on the 4WP website which I will paste below:

https://www.4wheelparts.com/parts-and-accessories/ford-bronco/_/N-1sks2

The shocks are beefy and look good. Def not stock suspension lol. The "auto adjust" shock feature is very nice, albeit a bit stiff on small bumps but a giant pillow on big whoops/bumps!! So good. I'm sure King and Fox will have better shocks overall, but these work great at both high and low speed. I'm sure once they are fully broken in, the ride will be even better. QUality of the shock is very good. I'd rate the quality as simple, reliable, strong and durable.

Shocks and level/lift kit are set to 3inch lift on 37x12.5R17. *It is the perfect stance and set up IMO. It's high but not too high and the wheel/tire combo really balances it out the lift nicely. Not much poke either. Really looks good.

I also have another post somewhere helping someone determine if it will fit in garage. The soft top has higher points than hard top, I think, and even with it + lift + 37s my rig fits in my garage. As long as your garage is 79-80 inches or higher...you are good!!

Also. Side note. I thought I might want sas fenders or something else, but the regular OEM fenders look the best with my set up. They might miss a rock chip or two down the road and send it into paint...but the other 99.9% of the time they look great. Have the 4WP fender delete kit but no plans to install it anytime soon, if ever. More for parts bin and collector some day.

I drove it through the canyons up to Joshua tree last week and stay in the left narrow lane going up the windy incline at speed. Other guys around me in baja trucks etc. much better equipped for fast road driving. I was testing it's limits in the XYZ axis via moving through 3 time dimensions simultaneously (not joking) which is going Forward/Up/Turning ALL at the same time. One of my fav places to be behind the wheel...only one dimension away from the unknown. Anyway. The thick rubber on 37s began to peel over in the sharp turns under load, mind you I was in 2WD not 4WA which would have help stabilize the ride a little bit but I didn't what that. I wanted raw. Certainly a little top heavy bc of the lift and tires, but not bad and mostly the tred shifting from side to side through the canyon that I needed to get use too...but the suspension was marvelous. I was probably going between 40-60mph through the canyon believe it or not, for about 5-10 minutes.

What I like most is everything functions normally i.e. 4wd system, goat modes, sway disconnect etc. I didn't lose any functions by adding these mods. Sometimes wish I would have tried the OEM suspension but I can get an idea what its probably like (ok overall) and I'm actually happy that I DONT know what the OEM suspension feels like. To me it just feels like a bronco. A bad ass bronco. Confirming I've never driven another bronco nor with OEM suspension.

I want to also add that I have lots of experience here in the desert with buggy life (razor, joyner, chenworth etc). Plus Ford Raptor and TRD Pro 4Runner years ago. All had or required amazing suspension to make it here, which is key when baja in the desert or offroading in general but especially at high speed. The Upgraded suspension my brother and I had in his 4 seater polaris razor 1000 turbo was by far best ever. You could coast on a cloud over giant bumps going 85mph. No problem. The worst OEM suspension out of all my offroad rides over the years was by far the Joyner sand viper 1100cc chinese suspension. Total shit. The guy I sold it too upgraded joyner to King shocks next day, changed the buggy and its value way up!!

If I had to rate the 4WP set up as of today, without really testing it's true trail/baja/crawl/snow capabilities...this is where I would rate the new suspension system on my BL bronco vs other rigs I've had; (1) RAZOR (2) BRONCO (3) CHENWORTH (4) RAPTOR (5) TRD PRO (6) JOYNER. Mind you the roads in my area are really bad, so much pavement smashing has taken place and its lovely.

I'm one month into owning my 2021 BL I4 4.7Axle on 37s with 3 inch lift and few small mods thus far one which I love for driving and security (sprint booster). It is so much fun to drive and feels great. It truly is my fav car/tank ever.

In the future I will be using this beast to rescue folks stranded in the desert and surrounding mountains i.e. search & rescue + roadside assist. Got a ways to go...need lot more gear. One day..

Buy the 4WP suspension. If you dont like it, upgrade to king or fox.

-The End

20210912_122531.jpg

20210912_122546.jpg

20210912_122600.jpg

20210912_122609.jpg

20210912_122713.jpg

20210912_122722.jpg

20210912_122734.jpg

HYoqFdZT-166789555.jpg

Last edited:

BossBronco

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
Seems high to me too, my Jeep on 35’s is 28# and is smooth. What does door tag say?
See pic. I felt same and always keep psi around 35 in my cars. But door tag, the revised tag (covering OEM psi tag) needed for my 37s, says 39psi. The first 3 weeks of ownership my psi was 31-35 which was ok around town but highway was awful. I set em to 39 last weekend and I can cruise at 90mph on highway through the desert and feels good around town with better mpg. See my original post above I'm editing shortly for more thoughts on 4WP gear..

20211009_101238.jpg

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Bronco
Outer Banks
Here is my complete 4WP suspension review. Granted I only have a month with the set up and still breaking in my bronco with only 500 miles on it.

You can also see my comment after this--with pic of door tag showing 37s need "39PSI".

As for the 4WP suspension. I have the auto adjust shocks, lift/level kit, rear track bar, and upper control arms. Pretty sure that's everything on the 4WP website which I will paste below:

https://www.4wheelparts.com/parts-and-accessories/ford-bronco/_/N-1sks2

The shocks are beefy and look good. Def not stock suspension lol. The "auto adjust" shock feature is very nice, albeit a bit stiff on small bumps but a giant pillow on big whoops/bumps!! So good. I'm sure King and Fox will have better shocks overall, but these work great at both high and low speed. I'm sure once they are fully broken in, the ride will be even better. QUality of the shock is very good. I'd rate the quality as simple, reliable, strong and durable.

Shocks and level/lift kit are set to 3inch lift on 37x12.5R17. *It is the perfect stance and set up IMO. It's high but not too high and the wheel/tire combo really balances it out the lift nicely. Not much poke either. Really looks good.

I also have another post somewhere helping someone determine if it will fit in garage. The soft top has higher points than hard top, I think, and even with it + lift + 37s my rig fits in my garage. As long as your garage is 79-80 inches or higher...you are good!!

Also. Side note. I thought I might want sas fenders or something else, but the regular OEM fenders look the best with my set up. They might miss a rock chip or two down the road and send it into paint...but the other 99.9% of the time they look great. Have the 4WP fender delete kit but no plans to install it anytime soon, if ever. More for parts bin and collector some day.

I drove it through the canyons up to Joshua tree last week and stay in the left narrow lane going up the windy incline at speed. Other guys around me in baja trucks etc. much better equipped for fast road driving. I was testing it's limits in the XYZ axis via moving through 3 time dimensions simultaneously (not joking) which is going Forward/Up/Turning ALL at the same time. One of my fav places to be behind the wheel...only one dimension away from the unknown. Anyway. The thick rubber on 37s began to peel over in the sharp turns under load, mind you I was in 2WD not 4WA which would have help stabilize the ride a little bit but I didn't what that. I wanted raw. Certainly a little top heavy bc of the lift and tires, but not bad and mostly the tred shifting from side to side through the canyon that I needed to get use too...but the suspension was marvelous. I was probably going between 40-60mph through the canyon believe it or not, for about 5-10 minutes.

What I like most is everything functions normally i.e. 4wd system, goat modes, sway disconnect etc. I didn't lose any functions by adding these mods. Sometimes wish I would have tried the OEM suspension but I can get an idea what its probably like (ok overall) and I'm actually happy that I DONT know what the OEM suspension feels like. To me it just feels like a bronco. A bad ass bronco. Confirming I've never driven another bronco nor with OEM suspension.

I want to also add that I have lots of experience here in the desert with buggy life (razor, joyner, chenworth etc). Plus Ford Raptor and TRD Pro 4Runner years ago. All had or required amazing suspension to make it here, which is key when baja in the desert or offroading in general but especially at high speed. The Upgraded suspension my brother and I had in his 4 seater polaris razor 1000 turbo was by far best ever. You could coast on a cloud over giant bumps going 85mph. No problem. The worst OEM suspension out of all my offroad rides over the years was by far the Joyner sand viper 1100cc chinese suspension. Total shit. The guy I sold it too upgraded joyner to King shocks next day, changed the buggy and its value way up!!

If I had to rate the 4WP set up as of today, without really testing it's true trail/baja/crawl/snow capabilities...this is where I would rate the new suspension system on my BL bronco vs other rigs I've had; (1) RAZOR (2) BRONCO (3) CHENWORTH (4) RAPTOR (5) TRD PRO (6) JOYNER. Mind you the roads in my area are really bad, so much pavement smashing has taken place and its lovely.

I'm one month into owning my 2021 BL I4 4.7Axle on 37s with 3 inch lift and few small mods thus far one which I love for driving and security (sprint booster). It is so much fun to drive and feels great. It truly is my fav car/tank ever.

In the future I will be using this beast to rescue folks stranded in the desert and surrounding mountains i.e. search & rescue + roadside assist. Got a ways to go...need lot more gear. One day..

Buy the 4WP suspension. If you dont like it, upgrade to king or fox.

-The End

20210912_122531.jpg

20210912_122546.jpg

20210912_122600.jpg

20210912_122609.jpg

20210912_122713.jpg

20210912_122722.jpg

20210912_122734.jpg

HYoqFdZT-166789555.jpg
Thanks. Nice to read the analysis and the stories!

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Bronco
Badlands
Not a bad idea. It honestly feels like axles are welded to the body. Well.. maybe not THAT bad.

I thought the tires may be over inflated but they are right at 39 psi.

Who knows. Maybe I’m just getting old or the truck gods are trying to get me to buy the raptor my dealer has.
39 psi is over inflated. That's probably why it is riding rough

Advertisement

BDS Suspension
Advertisement