Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need to add a leveling kit to the rear too. To level it. :ROFLMAO:
I agree. I see a lot of trucks with leveling kits installed that just make the front seem higher than the back. Not quite Carolina Squat, but it just doesn't look right.
Sponsored

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of chatter here about flares vs flare deletes and while the aftermarket and truck magazines promote the big bad apocalyptic survival (bro truck) look, reality is the large tire/wheel combo on any 4WD vehicle that only sees mall parking lots or mild off road trails should always have the tires tucked inside the wheelwell/flares to prevent all the reasons previously presented (paint protection, rocks thrown, etc).

However, if you actually are planning to use your Bronco for real off-road purposes, the last thing you should give a crap about is if your rig is still shiny and straight after a day on the trail. If that’s a concern, leave it in the garage.

With that said, there is a valid reason to not use flares. If you’re on a tight trail or on a rocky trail, you want your tires to extend beyond the body/flares because today’s off-road tires almost all have some sort of sidewall tread called sidebiters. This is by design so that the tire is the first point of contact to any trail obstacle and in some cases (I’ve done it many times) the side of the tire is used to gain traction and drive up the obstacle, think squeeze rock, if you’ve ever been to Moab, 21 Road or the Rubicon then you know that this is part of the experience.

My rigs below, no they don’t see street duty, yes they get trailered to designated trailheads.

Ford Bronco 4WP Fender Deletes + 2” Level Kit + 35s on Bronco Black Diamond. 66C63292-B126-44D9-A847-29E723BD6751
Ford Bronco 4WP Fender Deletes + 2” Level Kit + 35s on Bronco Black Diamond. 95773ABB-6371-4333-81C1-FD8A1EABC4CF

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lots of chatter here about flares vs flare deletes and while the aftermarket and truck magazines promote the big bad apocalyptic survival (bro truck) look, reality is the large tire/wheel combo on any 4WD vehicle that only sees mall parking lots or mild off road trails should always have the tires tucked inside the wheelwell/flares to prevent all the reasons previously presented (paint protection, rocks thrown, etc).

However, if you actually are planning to use your Bronco for real off-road purposes, the last thing you should give a crap about is if your rig is still shiny and straight after a day on the trail. If that’s a concern, leave it in the garage.

With that said, there is a valid reason to not use flares. If you’re on a tight trail or on a rocky trail, you want your tires to extend beyond the body/flares because today’s off-road tires almost all have some sort of sidewall tread called sidebiters. This is by design so that the tire is the first point of contact to any trail obstacle and in some cases (I’ve done it many times) the side of the tire is used to gain traction and drive up the obstacle, think squeeze rock, if you’ve ever been to Moab, 21 Road or the Rubicon then you know that this is part of the experience.

My rigs below, no they don’t see street duty, yes they get trailered to designated trailheads.

66C63292-B126-44D9-A847-29E723BD6751.jpeg
95773ABB-6371-4333-81C1-FD8A1EABC4CF.jpeg
I’m slowly getting back into off-roading. I got mine for that. I lost some fenders on my Jeep in Moab. 😂 least I’ll be prepared. I bet my bronco last month before I dent it. It’s like a thing I do to every vehicle. Right of passage. My Jeep lasted a month before Arizona pinstriping.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m slowly getting back into off-roading. I got mine for that. I lost some fenders on my Jeep in Moab. 😂 least I’ll be prepared. I bet my bronco last month before I dent it. It’s like a thing I do to every vehicle. Right of passage. My Jeep lasted a month before Arizona pinstriping.
That’s the spirit...below are two $60k+ rigs, I know which one I’m driving;) *hint...not the bolt on crap mall crawler*

Ford Bronco 4WP Fender Deletes + 2” Level Kit + 35s on Bronco Black Diamond. 19F8B1D1-4DA5-46AA-9ED8-023AE4AAB8B1
Ford Bronco 4WP Fender Deletes + 2” Level Kit + 35s on Bronco Black Diamond. 5EDEB745-0DAA-4661-82F7-1C2E69FD0202

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like applying a protective film to the sides of the vehicle is a must if you are going to run these fender deletes.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And there it is... the post that finally convinced me to swap to a 4 door. Maybe now I will actually get my bronco before I kick the bucket

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much are they?
north of $300 shipped IF they have them in stock, which apparently they don’t, and when reached out to via email the response I got two days later was to call the sales number on the site. Hoping for an option from Quadratec at this point.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fender flares are a requirement for me. Without them your sides will be destroyed with rock chips and scratches. Plus fender flares just look cooler.

Sponsored

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That looks sweet, I have been back and forth on getting the fender deletes. My OCD weighs heavy on me and I would lose sleep knowing that the edges of my front and rear bumper didn't sit flush with the body after going fender delete. But after looking at this, I think I would be able to handle it.

Very nice!
That's why you can take the end caps off the bumpers.
OCD prevent. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's why you can take the end caps off the bumpers.
OCD prevent. :LOL::LOL::LOL:
right but not the rear bumper, OCD even work because now I have two different width bumpers lol! All joking aside, it looks good, especially with the lift!

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
right but not the rear bumper, OCD even work because now I have two different width bumpers lol! All joking aside, it looks good, especially with the lift!
I agree.

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Actually surprised to see anyone poo-pooing the fender delete. To my eye, the stock fenders on the Bronco are an absolute eyesore and one of the few aesthetic misses. They look terrible and look like they were slapped on at the last minute of the design process. I don't really get the preoccupation with paint protection etc on a rough and tumble vehicle like the Bronco but that's just me. Chips and scratches just add character and are probably gonna happen regardless, if you really use it as its meant to be. Would I want a Porsche 911 scratched and dinged up? No, but with something like a Jeep or Bronco? I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
super happy I didn't go Sasquatch and get those those huge fenders.......and super happy I'll never stick a set of those fender deletes on my bronco.....egads.....
Sponsored