First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My local (Tulsa) 4WP is changing to a Toys for Trucks. I wonder if they have any blowout specials going on right now??
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was just talking about this with my neighbor who's in a director position at ORW, he said they were bought out by Wheel Pros and will most likely be dismantled.
Um, what? This is the transaction to which I originally referred. OP is stating they are being sold AGAIN. Waiting for OP to post back by whom as they are contacting 4WP.

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Um, what? This is the transaction to which I originally referred. OP is stating they are being sold AGAIN. Waiting for OP to post back by whom as they are contacting 4WP.
I (OP) am not contacting 4WP other than expecting them to engage in this conversation with something to add.

Ryslegit

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not what OP said and, well, the second part of my response still stands...they are probably going to be dismantled.

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last 4WP I went in to was absolutely decimated for inventory. More open shelves than inventory and that was in Boise Idaho in January. Wouldn't surprise me.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I (OP) am not contacting 4WP other than expecting them to engage in this conversation with something to add.
OK, just please understand your messaging is quite confusing. After you posted that 4WP is being sold and I asked who is buying you said, and I quote here, " this is why I'm asking 4WP the question ". Sorry but based upon that I thought you were stating that you had some contact or something at 4WP that you were asking. My bad.

Still curious if someone finds out as it is very unusual for a company to be sold twice in less than 12 months - and we don't even know WHO is buying at this point. Very strange rumor indeed.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4wp did more harm to the industry than anything, be gone with them. Offroad shop use to mean gears, lockers and winches. 4WP killed the mom and pops doing good work by undercutting install prices with Jiffy-Lube techs...

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

LOL, typing out "4WP" in a post on an internet forum doesn't have the same effect as lighting up the bat signal...you need to at least find out if they're on this forum, and if they are, you have to tag them before you can halfway expect any kind of response from them. Doubt you'd get any kind of solid info regardless.

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, typing out "4WP" in a post on an internet forum doesn't have the same effect as lighting up the bat signal...you need to at least find out if they're on this forum, and if they are, you have to tag them before you can halfway expect any kind of response from them. Doubt you'd get any kind of solid info regardless.
My OP was IN their page on this forum but admin moved it so now unlikely they will respond

Sponsored

Boss Broncos

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boss4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sasquatch 2DR; '78 FJ40; '85 T4R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but Wheel Pros did by 4Wheel Parts, however they sold the warehouses and inventory to Meyer Distributing, who is blowing out the 4WP stock. So, if anyone is interested in anything, like the OP mentioned UCAs, message me and I'll get you pricing up to 50% off (maybe more!).

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm hearing rumblings of company buyout or going outta business?? Considering a 4WP UCA but concerned if no future support/warranty.

What's going on???
WheelPros recently acquired Transamerican Auto Parts, which had numerous brands (such as 4WP) under it's belt.

WheelPros has been buying up a lot of brands lately such as Terraflex and Morimoto to name a few. They also own Fuel, Niche, Moto Metal and a lot of other wheel companies.
Sponsored