Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey friends, first topic post. I’m sure this is in the wrong spot. But I thought it might be useful to get some pointers / tips / how to’s for us first timers that will be cutting our teeth on off roaring with our Broncos.

Do you have resources? Books that you can recommend. “4x4 for dummies?”
Maybe you know of great content creators that show the techniques you need to learn before you hit the trails.

I signed up for Off-Roadeoat Mt Potosi- Las Vegas. I can’t wait. I feel like I should be learning all the terms, techniques, 4x4 101 stuff , instead of walking out to the trail green.
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey friends, first topic post. I’m sure this is in the wrong spot. But I thought it might be useful to get some pointers / tips / how to’s for us first timers that will be cutting our teeth on off roaring with our Broncos.

Do you have resources? Books that you can recommend. “4x4 for dummies?”
Maybe you know of great content creators that show the techniques you need to learn before you hit the trails.

I signed up for Off-Roadeoat Mt Potosi- Las Vegas. I can’t wait. I feel like I should be learning all the terms, techniques, 4x4 101 stuff , instead of walking out to the trail green.
Welcome to the site Jason!

I can't speak for the Vegas OffRodeo but the one here in Texas I attended took a beginner's approach (ie went over terms, techniques, etc...). I'd assume it's the same for the all of the OffRodeo events.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
VegasJason

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welcome to the site Jason!

I can't speak for the Vegas OffRodeo but the one here in Texas I attended took a beginner's approach (ie went over terms, techniques, etc...). I'd assume it's the same for the all of the OffRodeo events.
Thanks for having me!
I’m booked for September’s Off Roadeo. I’m just chomping at the bit for consumable knowledge.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for having me!
I’m booked for September’s Off Roadeo. I’m just chomping at the bit for consumable knowledge.
You're going to learn a lot at Off-Roadeo, but there's tons of YouTubers out there that make beginner-friendly content.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When in doubt, throttle out!!!

For real just get very familiar with whatever vehicle you are offroading. Lay underneath it for 10 minutes ant see where all its vulnerable bits are. If you are unsure of an obstacle walk it first. Always take some amount of recovery and munchies gear. Have fun and listen to your inner voice. The smart one, not that other ass hat. Dont get too hung up on the proper things because going one state over in any direction may change all that anyways.

And DO NOT forget to pick up your trash no matter how small. If you dont someone(either Al Gore or Jeanene Garafolo) will hunt you down and make you pay, or not, but maybe, you may never know. Just clean up after yourself.
Sponsored