Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was hoping to get some help on what to do here. My problem started on Feb 3rd when I got a powertrain/ reduced power malfunction on my 21 base 2.3 4 door. I had a check 4x4 and service vehicle icon pop up on my dash. The truck would not engage in 4x4. It is down on power and mpg as well. The dealer has "fixed" it and given it back to me multiple times. They have replaced some electrical connectors, a cv axle, and now the 4x4 powertrain module. I picked it up today and the same codes came right back. I am waiting for the dealer to tell me what the next move is. Has any one experienced this? I love the Bronco, I am just beyond frustrated.

IMG_3520.JPG

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it’s the third time trying to fix with no success that qualifies as a lemon in some States you can let them keep trying to fix it or ha ve ford do a Buyback sorry to hear your having issues. Seems like the dealet is just throwing parts at it cause they don’t know what to fix

PatsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco 16 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hate mentioning this but check your state for lemon law requirements. Some have a 3 strikes and get a new one rule
Exactly what I was thinking…

OP
OP
Baseaf

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lemon law would just suck. I doubt Ford could get me another Bronco. Been searching around to see if anyone has gone through this yet with their Bronco and couldn't find anything.

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Recurring issues suck. My wife's CX-5 had to be taken in 5 times for the same issuebefore the dealership was able to fix it so I feel your pain

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Out of curiosity, which dealer are you using in SATX? I have a similar Bronco but have not experienced any of the same issues.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
To be honest, I feel like the dealer is trying to milk the warranty money and not trying to actually fix it, just find a way to keep spending warranty dollars on it.

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take it to a different dealer

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
really? Do you really think a dealer would risk fraud to earn some extra $$?

To be honest, I feel like the dealer is trying to milk the warranty money and not trying to actually fix it, just find a way to keep spending warranty dollars on it.

OP
OP
Baseaf

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Out of curiosity, which dealer are you using in SATX? I have a similar Bronco but have not experienced any of the same issues.
Ford of Boerne. Honestly they have been great. They’ve replaced everything that even I would think that it could be. Going to wait to hear back from Ford on what they say to do.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
really? Do you really think a dealer would risk fraud to earn some extra $$?
Yes, if they have deniability in today's climate, I bet they would do it.

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry to hear your having so many problems with yours. I had the shop foreman at Northside drive mine to confirm an engine noise but he was unable to pinpoint the problem. Interesting comment he made was that even though many of the powertrain items are used in other platforms (2.3 in mustang, rs, and ranger) the new application (Bronco) can create issues the engineers have not yet worked through.

I know this doesn’t help but it seems that there are not enough Bronco’s out yet for the techs & engineers to have enough experience on when it comes to troubleshooting...

OP
OP
Baseaf

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry to hear your having so many problems with yours. I had the shop foreman at Northside drive mine to confirm an engine noise but he was unable to pinpoint the problem. Interesting comment he made was that even though many of the powertrain items are used in other platforms (2.3 in mustang, rs, and ranger) the new application (Bronco) can create issues the engineers have not yet worked through.

I know this doesn’t help but it seems that there are not enough Bronco’s out yet for the techs & engineers to have enough experience on when it comes to troubleshooting...
Yeah no doubt! First year problems I guess. It’ll get fixed regardless. I couldn’t imagine giving it up for anything other than another bronco.
Sponsored