First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know common for the most part in 4x4 vehicles your gonna have some level of traction problems at some point, has anyone experienced that “wobble” when going over road bumps or changes in road surface. Noticed the bronco likes to hug whatever it comes across which at times sends the car in a weird pitch left or right. Only thing I could compare it too “dramatically” is jeeps version of a death wobble but not as prominent
Sponsored

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you are describing sounds similar to bump steer or tram lining. Bump steer mostly is caused by alignment issues after lowering or raising suspension. When a lowered or lifted vehicle hits a bump, steering Input can be induced if tie rod geometry is not corrected for the suspension change. Tram lining is caused by tire tread design gripping road surfaces, usually from grooved pavement.

Is your bronco lifted? What tires are you running?

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know common for the most part in 4x4 vehicles your gonna have some level of traction problems at some point, has anyone experienced that “wobble” when going over road bumps or changes in road surface. Noticed the bronco likes to hug whatever it comes across which at times sends the car in a weird pitch left or right. Only thing I could compare it too “dramatically” is jeeps version of a death wobble but not as prominent
You missed the jeep forum. It’s on the other side of the internet.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sounds like you're describing tram-lining, which can be quite common as tires get wider.

Also related to alignment. My GT350 with wide tires and a sporty alignment does it particularly bad.

Neither of the Broncos I've driven have done it, but I wouldn't be shocked to see some minor tram-lining occurring due to the wider tires of a Sasquatch model.

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How much air do you have in the tires?
I never had a problem with 35x12.5 tires. I had a set of 38x15.5 15 bias ply bad roads and cattle chutes are not your friend. Death wobble only on solid axle trucks
Take back to dealer have alignment checked.

Sponsored

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you have big, wide tires, and a complaint suspension (designed to absorb off-road terrain) there is a trade off. Put 13 inches of suspension travel and 315/70 tires on a Porsche and you will get a similar situation.

OP
OP
WildtrakBroncoBuyer
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What you are describing sounds similar to bump steer or tram lining. Bump steer mostly is caused by alignment issues after lowering or raising suspension. When a lowered or lifted vehicle hits a bump, steering Input can be induced if tie rod geometry is not corrected for the suspension change. Tram lining is caused by tire tread design gripping road surfaces, usually from grooved pavement.

Is your bronco lifted? What tires are you running?
That’s what I thought it was, tires were swapped out for the Sasquatch package after the build with custom 35s. Dealer thinks its the advanced steering control but no dice. Still tinkering with it trying to figure it out

OP
OP
WildtrakBroncoBuyer
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When you have big, wide tires, and a complaint suspension (designed to absorb off-road terrain) there is a trade off. Put 13 inches of suspension travel and 315/70 tires on a Porsche and you will get a similar situation.
I figured as much ,but the actual drag from the rear tires on normal road surfaces is intense. Car literally will pull right or left similar to hydroplaning on dry surface.

OP
OP
WildtrakBroncoBuyer
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How much air do you have in the tires?
I never had a problem with 35x12.5 tires. I had a set of 38x15.5 15 bias ply bad roads and cattle chutes are not your friend. Death wobble only on solid axle trucks
Take back to dealer have alignment checked.
Dealer still can’t figure it out haha we’re working on it . Next up is the sema guy who installed the tires

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What do you mean "drag"? Crazy question where the gear ratio in the rears checked? Not something normally you would do but what explain dragging.

Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Troubleshoot the issue without knowing the details... GO.
OP asks a question, provides zero details, then answers no follow up questions. I must be grumpy today, this thread bothers me for no reason lol

Your profile says Wildtrak, but you say it had baby donuts and upgraded to custom 35s...?

EDIT: I see in another thread that you bought an OBX and swapped suspension for sas suspension before adding bigger tires.
Sponsored

Last edited: