Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was excited to finally see a front license plate mount I liked available through 4x4truckleds.com.

it mounts directly to the Bronco Bolts in the middle of the modular bumper. I went to install it today and the Bronco bolts it goes to seem like they won’t budge at all and trying to hard will strip them right off. Any one else using this mount and find the same issue removing these Bronco Bolts?

B2CF6B44-EB9F-4923-9850-E05DB59D4713.jpeg
Sponsored

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are you using to try and remove it? Just a regular ratchet? Have you tried any PB Blaster or WD in case the bolts are frozen?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was excited to finally see a front license plate mount I liked available through 4x4truckleds.com.

it mounts directly to the Bronco Bolts in the middle of the modular bumper. I went to install it today and the Bronco bolts it goes to seem like they won’t budge at all and trying to hard will strip them right off. Any one else using this mount and find the same issue removing these Bronco Bolts?

Ford Bronco 4x4TruckLEDs.com Front License Plate Mount B2CF6B44-EB9F-4923-9850-E05DB59D4713
You need torx plus bits to remove the bronco bolts from what I read in the forums for some reason ford includs regular torx bits that strip the bolts

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bought mine.

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need torx plus bits to remove the bronco bolts from what I read in the forums for some reason ford includs regular torx bits that strip the bolts
This is what I needed to know. Very frustrating

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome to the world of "WTF Ford!" We've all been there. So Ford decided to use a TORX PLUS head for some strange reason. Maybe it's because TP is a better pattern when it comes to how tight the socket fits on the bolt head.

But it's NOT a standard Torx socket, which most would think it would be. It's a TORX PLUS, which is separate.

A regular Torx 40 WILL fit, but it doesn't grab that well. You need a Torx Plus 40.

I'll update our site (both on the fog kits and the license plate bracket) making a note of this.

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the world of "WTF Ford!" We've all been there. So Ford decided to use a TORX PLUS head for some strange reason. Maybe it's because TP is a better pattern when it comes to how tight the socket fits on the bolt head.

But it's NOT a standard Torx socket, which most would think it would be. It's a TORX PLUS, which is separate.

A regular Torx 40 WILL fit, but it doesn't grab that well. You need a Torx Plus 40.

I'll update our site (both on the fog kits and the license plate bracket) making a note of this.
Can’t get the Torx Plus 40 to work either. May have to just give up and hope the police don’t notice I don’t have a front plate.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can’t get the Torx Plus 40 to work either. May have to just give up and hope the police don’t notice I don’t have a front plate.
Why can't you get it to work? It should come off no problem with a TP40. Unless you stripped the bolt head?

OP
OP
Brichan

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can't you get it to work? It should come off no problem with a TP40. Unless you stripped the bolt head?
Finally got it. I guess I’m legal now. You should include one of these TP40s in your $60 license plate bracket 😉😉

6A025FD0-A85D-44AC-92FA-63144B153FE0.jpeg

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally got it. I guess I’m legal now. You should include one of these TP40s in your $60 license plate bracket 😉😉

Ford Bronco 4x4TruckLEDs.com Front License Plate Mount 6A025FD0-A85D-44AC-92FA-63144B153FE0
Nice! I might buy one since Colorado requires a front plate, as well. Hope I remember to take it off when hitting the trails, though!
Sponsored