Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Steak, potatoes and whiskey at night."

Well done! Epic trip, can't wait to take a similar adventure.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
5079.4 miles.
Pictures below.

Pensacola -> Killeen, Tx -> Carlsbad Caverns -> Phoenix, Az - Grand Canyon -> Zion -> Moab -> Arches -> Denver -> Breckenridge -> St. Louis -> Pensacola.

Needed a break before going home for the holidays. Picked a buddy up in Texas and hit the road for some camping, hiking, and skiing. Gotta love road tripping in -32Ā°.

Bought the bronco back in September after ordering November 21ā€™. As you can tell by the pics. Iā€™ve definitely been putting the miles on it. Dealership couldnā€™t believe I took it in to get serviced already with 10k miles.

Brought the basics, cast irons, jet stove, chairs, table cold weather gear for skiing in CO.

Bought an air mattress on Amazon that fits jeeps and broncoā€™s. Installed some Paracord grab handles and hit the road.

MPG: headed northwest, I was getting about 18.5 - 19. 2.7 with Sasquatch. Whenever I was headed from Denver to St. Louis we were in a hell of a headwind. (During the massive cold front that hit the entire US). Averaged about 15.5mpg on that leg of the journey. That one hurt the wallet. Otherwise very happy with the gas consumption. I bought it for the capability not to save the planet.

The 10ā€ air mattress slept great. One thing I wish I wouldā€™ve done prior to the trip was build a platform to level the trunk area with the back seats. Other than that, I put rocks under the rear tires to level the bed. Worked great.

The drive was incredible. The factory mud terrains rode great through all of the terrain I had it in. (Snowy fields, colorado snow storms, ridge trails in la cruces) I never once felt like I wasnā€™t in control. My buddy and I were the people in the left lane passing all of the jeeps going 65 in the snow covered lane. Loved every bit of that.

With all of the extra driving. I estimated we spent around $1200 on fuel for the trip total. Which was fine considering we saved so much money not getting hotel rooms. We also didnā€™t get fast food the entire trip. We lived on eggs by the campfire in the morning. Sandwiches throughout the day. Steak, potatoes and whiskey at night.

I built the platform I spoke about previously just this past weekend. Bought a 4ā€™ x 8ā€™ high density foam insulation board. Cut it to fit the width of the trunk area. Then cut into equal 24ā€ sections. Hit it with some loctite spray adhesive then wrapped it with some spare fabric I had. Itā€™s a pretty crude job. But I have bigger plans for that space later down the line (custom starboard drawer system).

The sync system was the weirdest part of the trip. I have so many gripes with the CarPlay in this vehicle. When connected wirelessly, the sound cuts out when going through congested cities or just stops working entirely. You canā€™t plug your phone in before the wireless CarPlay connects or else it wonā€™t connect at all. Thereā€™s a learning curve to the wireless car play.

One thing I bought for my phone was the proclip dash mount with the magic mount. I bought the magic mount that has 12 magnets in it because I didnā€™t want my phone going anywhere on this trip. Iā€™ll post pictures below of the mount. The fit is amazing, no wiggle, no sounds of any kind from it. Rock solid design.

WeatherTech mats saved me countless hours of cleaning post trip. WeatherTech has a reputation. No need to go into depth with this.

BUY A RADAR DETECTOR. Brought one on the trip and itā€™s a peace of mind luxury on long trips. You know what you can do when you can and you know when you canā€™t. Thatā€™s all Iā€™ll say (governed to 101).

I know Iā€™m missing so many things. I shouldā€™ve taken notes on the things I liked/didnā€™t like. But I was too busy having a good time. Please ask questions or feel free to share your holiday road trips. I did this trip pretty minimally. I like to make it up as I go on big trips. No need worrying about when youā€™ll get to where youā€™re going if youā€™re focused on how youā€™re getting there.

BD585795-1075-4072-BF74-B6A0A3989964.jpeg
F4092EC5-41F5-4B79-A6C9-2CBBCCD4BC82.jpeg
4E0099C0-BDB0-4E36-B370-4996237F034B.jpeg
E1CB3BD2-DBCD-4B4E-BE99-8DC8B734D6B9.jpeg
06A71701-F015-42C5-9BF4-23EA93B1E5D9.png
BBE47796-D3A0-48D3-A17A-5D65851E4F99.jpeg
A24F6655-01BB-4E5F-8860-804D10F1D3A9.jpeg
7EDFE8DB-024E-40E6-98DB-EFCDD7CED40F.jpeg
C5D8D0B6-C0B5-4A96-8290-98C4113D9CA4.jpeg

647C3447-2A44-46C9-9774-F2788A4F716F.jpeg
That's really neat!

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very cool.

Sponsored

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
5079.4 miles.
Pictures below.

Pensacola -> Killeen, Tx -> Carlsbad Caverns -> Phoenix, Az - Grand Canyon -> Zion -> Moab -> Arches -> Denver -> Breckenridge -> St. Louis -> Pensacola.

Needed a break before going home for the holidays. Picked a buddy up in Texas and hit the road for some camping, hiking, and skiing. Gotta love road tripping in -32Ā°.

Bought the bronco back in September after ordering November 21ā€™. As you can tell by the pics. Iā€™ve definitely been putting the miles on it. Dealership couldnā€™t believe I took it in to get serviced already with 10k miles.

Brought the basics, cast irons, jet stove, chairs, table cold weather gear for skiing in CO.

Bought an air mattress on Amazon that fits jeeps and broncoā€™s. Installed some Paracord grab handles and hit the road.

MPG: headed northwest, I was getting about 18.5 - 19. 2.7 with Sasquatch. Whenever I was headed from Denver to St. Louis we were in a hell of a headwind. (During the massive cold front that hit the entire US). Averaged about 15.5mpg on that leg of the journey. That one hurt the wallet. Otherwise very happy with the gas consumption. I bought it for the capability not to save the planet.

The 10ā€ air mattress slept great. One thing I wish I wouldā€™ve done prior to the trip was build a platform to level the trunk area with the back seats. Other than that, I put rocks under the rear tires to level the bed. Worked great.

The drive was incredible. The factory mud terrains rode great through all of the terrain I had it in. (Snowy fields, colorado snow storms, ridge trails in la cruces) I never once felt like I wasnā€™t in control. My buddy and I were the people in the left lane passing all of the jeeps going 65 in the snow covered lane. Loved every bit of that.

With all of the extra driving. I estimated we spent around $1200 on fuel for the trip total. Which was fine considering we saved so much money not getting hotel rooms. We also didnā€™t get fast food the entire trip. We lived on eggs by the campfire in the morning. Sandwiches throughout the day. Steak, potatoes and whiskey at night.

I built the platform I spoke about previously just this past weekend. Bought a 4ā€™ x 8ā€™ high density foam insulation board. Cut it to fit the width of the trunk area. Then cut into equal 24ā€ sections. Hit it with some loctite spray adhesive then wrapped it with some spare fabric I had. Itā€™s a pretty crude job. But I have bigger plans for that space later down the line (custom starboard drawer system).

The sync system was the weirdest part of the trip. I have so many gripes with the CarPlay in this vehicle. When connected wirelessly, the sound cuts out when going through congested cities or just stops working entirely. You canā€™t plug your phone in before the wireless CarPlay connects or else it wonā€™t connect at all. Thereā€™s a learning curve to the wireless car play.

One thing I bought for my phone was the proclip dash mount with the magic mount. I bought the magic mount that has 12 magnets in it because I didnā€™t want my phone going anywhere on this trip. Iā€™ll post pictures below of the mount. The fit is amazing, no wiggle, no sounds of any kind from it. Rock solid design.

WeatherTech mats saved me countless hours of cleaning post trip. WeatherTech has a reputation. No need to go into depth with this.

BUY A RADAR DETECTOR. Brought one on the trip and itā€™s a peace of mind luxury on long trips. You know what you can do when you can and you know when you canā€™t. Thatā€™s all Iā€™ll say (governed to 101).

I know Iā€™m missing so many things. I shouldā€™ve taken notes on the things I liked/didnā€™t like. But I was too busy having a good time. Please ask questions or feel free to share your holiday road trips. I did this trip pretty minimally. I like to make it up as I go on big trips. No need worrying about when youā€™ll get to where youā€™re going if youā€™re focused on how youā€™re getting there.

Ford Bronco 5,000 mile road trip review. 5079.4 miles in 10 days 1672772201312

Which air mattress did you get? I can't find one that would fit around the console well. Best option I've found is the DeepSleep system but that's a little pricey for as often as I will use it.

OP
OP
Loganbachson

Loganbachson

Base
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 C10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which air mattress did you get? I can't find one that would fit around the console well. Best option I've found is the DeepSleep system but that's a little pricey for as often as I will use it.
Sokeface 10inch Ultra Thick SUV Air Mattress Camping Bed, Air Mattress for Jeep JK JKU JL JLU Unlimited 4 Door Toyota 4runner Ford Bronco 2021 2022 Subaru Forester 1998 - 2023 https://a.co/d/eW9LptW

OP
OP
Loganbachson

Loganbachson

Base
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 C10
Your Bronco Model
Base
The one in the link has a cut out for the console and is super comfortable. Especially if you level the trunk with the seats.

Skezzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Left Sarasota, FL on 12/30 going to Big Sky, MT. Arrived back in Sarasota, FL on 01/06. Awesome trip. No problems with soft top. Bronco (Wildtrak) run and run and runā€¦

Mattress: https://www.rei.com/product/181266/hest-sleep-system-sleeping-pad
highly recommended.

Love the 40in double row LED light bar. Life saver late at night.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Skezzo

Wildtrak
First Name