First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota T100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would it be possible to swap the stock motor with a 5.0l V8?
Sponsored

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It would be nice for them to offer the coyote v8 for the v8 heads but honesty, the 2.7L twin turbo eco has more torq and is quicker. This is even proven in the F150 tuning world for the 2018 an up platforms apples to apples!.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why? I have 3.5L ecoboost in my Raptor and it feels quicker than any V8 truck I've owned (had GMC, Chevy, and Dodge) and it gets like 2x the mileage as any of them. I actually get more then my brothers GMC diesel, and my 0-60 is way faster and truck drives better.

Give it a try before you fork over a ton of money.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
It won’t fit from what I’ve read. So it would cost a lot of loot for minimal to no performance improvements. But yes it would sound glorious.

Sponsored

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why? I have 3.5L ecoboost in my Raptor and it feels quicker than any V8 truck I've owned (had GMC, Chevy, and Dodge) and it gets like 2x the mileage as any of them. I actually get more then my brothers GMC diesel, and my 0-60 is way faster and truck drives better.

Give it a try before you fork over a ton of money.
Agreed, my 2019 3.5L Eco F-150 runs consistent 12.90 1/4 mile and my Buddies 2.7L F-150 eco runs 13.07 1/4 mile all day,

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sure you can put a 302/351 in anything just need a C4 and a Dana 20!

But really you are better off just starting with 460. A solid rebuild would run about 375 hp 450lbft. If you get a set of aluminum heads and a lil compression you can make enough power to turn the axles to dust.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sure the ecoboost may very well put up the same numbers and times but what people are forgetting is with the Coyote you can slap a supercharger or Twin turbo on that and it’s game over. ?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sure the ecoboost may very well put up the same numbers and times but what people are forgetting is with the Coyote you can slap a supercharger or Twin turbo on that and it’s game over. ?
Or let's take it one step further and drop the 460 (@MaverickMan) and supercharge that puppy... I think we've found the Bronco dream!

All this talk about tuning this, tuning that, outperforms a V8. Well sure it can, but make them equals, drop the twin turbo on the V8 then talk performance comparisons to me. And let's not forget that sweet sound we'll get.... You know once we install the Cherry Bomb Glass Pack ?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Or let's take it one step further and drop the 460 (@MaverickMan) and supercharge that puppy... I think we've found the Bronco dream!

All this talk about tuning this, tuning that, outperforms a V8. Well sure it can, but make them equals, drop the twin turbo on the V8 then talk performance comparisons to me. And let's not forget that sweet sound we'll get.... You know once we install the Cherry Bomb Glass Pack ?
Exactly! Lol I love the same comparisons in the mustang community talking about how the EB upgraded enough can be as fast as a stock 5.0.... yea it can be but then the 5.0 does something as simple as throwing a blower on it and now it’s game over again. I get the fact that the EB engines are good and do put a lot of power out but it will never be as powerful as a larger displacement with the same stuff added

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

let me get my schpeel out of the way before i give what the OP is asking:
- v8 with TT or blower would be pretty heavy upfront. looking about 100lbs heavier than the 2.7.
- with 500hp+ going the v8 FI route, you obviously aren't going off road or on trails, so why a 4x4 and not a car that can handle the big power and you can put DOT drags on it with a lower CG?
- you're going to have to spend quite a bit of money getting a v8 in that engine bay. so why put a v8 in a brand new truck. why not get something a bit older or easier to do a swap with. unless you're a tuning company prepping for sema 2021.
- and finally, would you be pissed if for released a v8 bronco in 2 years time and you spent an arm and a leg modifying a bronco to get a v8 and it still has quirks?

That said. once you get get your engine bay dimensions, you'll have a lot more info on what you can fit in there. you'll need a lot of custom parts and probably need to fabricate or modify the engine bay and transmission tunnel to get everything fitting properly. we don't have much to go on for final engine bay pics, but anything is possible. looks like it sits much further back so the firewall might need to be pushed back too. lots to consider to make it work. looks like they also widened the track too.

these guys in australia are making a drift ranger. LS in an older ranger. i think they've done a new ranger as well.
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/03/how-to-make-a-ford-ranger-better-with-a-gm-lsa-v8-of-course/

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

- v8 with TT or blower would be pretty heavy upfront. looking about 100lbs heavier than the 2.7.
- you're going to have to spend quite a bit of money getting a v8 in that engine bay. so why put a v8 in a brand new truck.
Similar argument can be made on the other side. You mention how it weighs less (which I can assume you are trying to say that added weight won't help while off-roading???). And then you mention money for the swap (which for most of us, maybe not the OP, is basically just a dream).

So with that said, why would I want to smash my $50k truck on some rocks? I can just buy an older SUV to do that with.

Lastly though, you did offer some insight. Thanks.

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe 5 Star is getting 500 plus out of a 2.7 so why bother with a V8 swap? Seems like a lot less work upgrading a couple of items and spending a couple of hours on the dyno.
Sponsored