chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very happy for today's news. When I knew the Bronco would take a while to build, I bought a Shelby GT350 to tide me over. It's worth $15,000 more now than when I bought it in September, and I love it. Thank you, Ford. I would neVAr have been able to talk my wife into a GT350 without the wait time. Now, I have to drive a Shelby a while longer. Loving the wait.
BTW, my ID photo is me with my truck and a friend at the start of the Trans Amazon Rally, Caregena Columbia in 1988. The GMC was selected for the new independent front suspension. That IFS is the main reason I ordered a Bronco! It will be worth the wait, and no Jeep comes close IMHO

Suggnasty

Outer Banks
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I changed my hardtop to a soft top a few weeks ago after thinking about how manic our weather is here. Maybe that’ll work in my favor. I still have the lux though. Oh well.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly what I was thinking. Customers who ordered vehicles identical to mine have build dates.
Exactly what I was thinking. Customers who reserved identical vehicles after I did have build dates.
Fixed!

Sponsored

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty poor communication, I reckon at least it's some sort of communication though. Crazy they took reservations but will still take 18+ months for many of those people to receive their Bronco. Engineers and design team nailed it. Too bad operations, marketing, and the rest couldn't.

FunForAll

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, 2 F-150s, Explorer, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sadly, people canceling won't move any of us up the line. The person can cancel, but no dealership is going to let that build go. It will still be in front of you and the dealer will throw it on the lot for a mark up. Canceling doesn't "teach Ford a lesson". It will still be built and they will still get paid for it.
That's a good point. And savy dealer will configure their new-found reservation with fewer constraints and move themselves to the front of the line.

jdvz411

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Everyone that is pissed, please cancel so I can move closer to a build date. We knew this was going to happen. Did everyone think it was going to be fantastic news? At least they let us know they don’t have a build date for us.
Looking across multiple platforms that very well may work out for some of us. On just one post on IG at least 5 were about to put money in Jeep's pockets and say screw Ford.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just here to say that it's sad that a major car company tries to produce a vehicle without a top. What are they thinking? This seems worse than I imagined.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So riddle me this Batman:

Why, if the hardtops are so difficult to produce and supposedly the biggest constraint on the production process, is there literally 100s of them on mannequins outside of MAP right now? Ship the mannequins with soft tops, tell the dealers they can't sell them until the correct hard top is provided, and then give the current allotment of hardtops to the customers who have been waiting close to a year for their Bronco!!!! This is slap in the face to those who have been patiently waiting for a build date, only to receive this piss-poor email about shit we already knew.

(photos "borrowed" from @Mattwings' 5/23/21 post)

Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 1622227706367
Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 1622227720610
Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 1622227732374
Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 1622227748194
Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 1622227768270

Last edited:

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nothing was in my inbox?! This was a customer email sent from Ford, right?

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very happy for today's news. When I knew the Bronco would take a while to build, I bought a Shelby GT350 to tide me over. It's worth $15,000 more now than when I bought it in September, and I love it. Thank you, Ford. I would neVAr have been able to talk my wife into a GT350 without the wait time. Now, I have to drive a Shelby a while longer. Loving the wait.
I hate you because I almost bought a shelby and I could be in the same position but I couldn't talk the wife into it.
Sponsored