Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I didn't like the redesign anyway, made it easy to delete it...
I went to delete my brush guard/safari bar/bull $#!% two weeks ago and was told they couldn't do it because I had a VIN. It may be fugly, haha, but I'll take it. I feel very fortunate, and I hope I'm not counting my broncos before they buck!

Hey, if it ends up being an MY22, that would be pretty spectacular too, green! Mmm
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I asked Ford this morning what this meant for Wildtrak and 2 door customers since there currently isn't an option for soft tops on them. He didn't know the answer to that and said he'd get back with us. He simply said we should try to switch everyone to the soft top if we could and if they wanted a chance at a Bronco this year.

I haven't read this entire thread, so it could've been stated already, but I will add this part that isn't going to be popular. Given the number of units currently in the queue that have constraints, Ford is going to allow dealers to put in "stock" orders with the hopes they get pulled so the plant is at capacity. I heard that rumor yesterday, and actually tried to put one in WBDO, but we didn't have the option to choose "stock" as the order type. Supposedly within a few days, they will have that changed just like every other model we order. To put in simpler terms, say a dealer is allocated 10 units for a build cycle, but only 5 orders get scheduled because of constraints. If that dealer has stock builds in the system that are buildable, those will get pulled to fill the total allocation of 10.

I assume most dealers will simply put in a bunch of 2.3L, soft top 4 doors with minimal constraint items. Don't shoot the messenger.
If my dealership does this i am absolutely going to lose it.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good news is the stock price has gone up 30 cents since the email came out. :)

Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So if my deposit contract with my dealer references a MY2021, and they tell me I am only getting a MY2022, can I dispute that the deposit contract is not binding because it was for a MY2021? I may make a few calls to my attorney friends. Sad it has come to this, but my dealer really pissed me off when they basically told me to go F myself ,that if I have to wait five years the deposit is still not refundable.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Todays email.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 10.55.28 AM.jpg

Does anyone not think that the Friday before Memorial Day weekend was specifically chosen to deliver this news. Classic, drop bad news when the least amount of people will see it and react to it! Total Bush league!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When was your reservation?
The first day that I had anything like a reservation was 1/15/21, when I placed my deposit with military auto sales (MAS). I went through MAS because I was returning from overseas.

It seems like the process works a little differently than for most people who are going through the dealer. I know that MAS just enters the orders into WDMO. Until just recently, I couldn't even figure out my order number to pull up the order in the Bronco6g tracker.

I do know that it seems unfair that I would be pushed to the front of the line, but it is not my doing, so I am not going to complain either.

Sponsored

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lame ass letter that does not say anything we don't already know. Just put a soft top on my 2 door and let me include a hard top in the purchase price that they can ship to the dealer when they get the top fiasco worked out.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well, my order has all but the safari bar in it and I'm not changing a thing. I would change back to my original dual top order IF I would get my ride earlier that way and IF the top will ship to my dealer for installation at no cost to me. Or at the very least, put that damn wiring and plumbing in there so I can get a hard top down the road if I even want one. I'd actually prefer the soft top, but I never had such a vehicle and just in case I decide the soft top doesn't work for me, I want to be able to add a hard top without having to deal with all that wiring stuff.
Make that an option and I'll change my order, though I doubt it would make much difference, with the other 6 items on my list.

Kind of what I expected to read today, the wait continues. I'll stick around, I don't need a new car and my 04 Taco will take me where I need to go locally, for a planned trip to Oregon later this year I'll just rent something.

CrownCityMisfit

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus, Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm late to the Bronco party and was already expecting a 2022 delivery. Question is, will I be getting a new vehicle that has already depreciated by a year? Doesn't matter in the short term, but over time, that number will certainly affect the value. Do I even care?

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if my deposit contract with my dealer references a MY2021, and they tell me I am only getting a MY2022, can I dispute that the deposit contract is not binding because it was for a MY2021? I may make a few calls to my attorney friends. Sad it has come to this, but my dealer really pissed me off when they basically told me to go F myself ,that if I have to wait five years the deposit is still not refundable.
I used my AmExp card for my downpayment. I find it hard to believe that AmExp would not fight a charge by a dealer who cannot deliver what was promised what not only hasn't been built but they cannot even provide an estimate of when it may go into production.
Sponsored