Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Using my allocation as an example. 7 of my 17 have VINs. When the next preview or whatever they are going to call it happens, just say I get the other 10. Of those 10, we might only be able to get 7 of those built as they are now and assume no one else will change their order to fill the other 3. They are going to offer me 3 units we can configure (soft, 2.3, auto, 4 door, mid or high, no tow, etc) basically, stuff they have plenty of parts to build. Theoretically, if all of this even happens, we get the 3 built for stock or we decline them and they go back into the pool and would be offered to other dealers in my zone or region.

Not sure if by declining excess '21 allocation will impact '22 allocation but I'm not willing to take any chances since it would impact my other '22 customers. By going to off-roadeo we get additional allocation for '22. Nick and I went on the 10th, our GM and a salesman got back yesterday and we might send 2 more groups yet. It's costing us about $1K per person but if it helps us get more for our '22 peeps, all the better.
Why are you stopping at your 17th allocation, an inserting a stock order rather than moving further down your existing customer orders. Do NONE of your other orders come up clean?
Sponsored

Gorgoza

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3d Gen 4Runner, Lexus IS350
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And what if the first year is a lemon. Supply chain shortages with vendors pushing hard to meet demand on a vehicle with thousands of parts could be a train wreck. Quality control goes in the toilet in many cases when raw materials are hard to obtain and revenue is required to keep personnel employed and the doors open. I personally don't have the patience or time to spend driving to the local Ford Dealer and waiting while they repair or replace faulty components. Just my 2 cents.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it asking Ford too much to consider building soft top equipped Broncos with the wiring harnesses so that we can add our own hard tops later from aftermarket sources? That thought has been stated ad nauseam here on other forums, but Ford just doesn’t seem to be wanting to consider it. I would order a soft top equipped four-door in a heartbeat if I had the option to get it with the wiring harness and add my own top later.
That is being discussed from what I was told.

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hell....I'll probably get my F150 LIGHTNING BEFORE my Bronco...! WTH.... :(

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

BigBen(d)58

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I gotta be honest. I was super okay with all these delays, and I was pretty gung-ho about it all. I was ready to take my bronco whenever they said. And I was just looking for an estimation. Even if they just said "May - July of 2022" I wouldn't care. At least I would have SOME IDEA of when its coming. Now I just have to sit here every Thursday and hope I am one of the chosen ones lol. It just sucks. This whole process there were little milestones that we were reaching such as B and Price, ordering, email updates, etc. Now we just get put in the dark. And our dealerships know absolutely nothing either. They are just as much in the dark as us. Urgh. This is the first time I have complained honest to god.

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
correct me if I'm wrong... but let's say one was thinking of switching to a soft top to get it sooner, but really wants a hard top...I could, in theory, switch to a soft top and see if I get picked in the next cycle, no? and then if I decide nevermind, it's not worth it, just switch and get thrown back into the mix?

Or once I have a VIN, that's it. no changes allowed? I've read somewhere there's a point of no return, just can't remember exactly when that is.
Yep, once you have a VIN your locked in.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are you stopping at your 17th allocation, an inserting a stock order rather than moving further down your existing customer orders. Do NONE of your other orders come up clean?
Over half are ‘22 by choice right now. That was just an example. If MIC makes them unbuildable and no one wants to change, that is where the theoretical stock would come into play. Some are still going to be problematic because of tow, lux, squatch or something else. Only Ford knows what combos we can get next wholesale. All we can do is try to get customers to drop MIC for a shot at however many spots are still available.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hell....I'll probably get my F150 LIGHTNING BEFORE my Bronco...! WTH.... :(
Yeah right. They probably use the same suppliers as the Bronco. If anything you'll just get better emails than what you're getting with the Bronco

swajames

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
7/14 morning reservation, Wildtrak with all the problematic options, but as of right now no email from Ford...

Sponsored

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I fully believe this...Ford would rather us just cancel our orders to relieve their obligation. They'll sell every single Bronco they ship out whenever it is, whether its reserved or not. Order holders are a nuisance to them. We are the ones holding them to their word. But what do they have to lose besides pissing off a rather small percentage of buyers? Nothing. They will make their money. They know we'll eventually buy one.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's been a while since I've posted here but I'm now kind of glad I cancelled my order when I did. I would have had to wait 1.5, 2, or possibly even 3 years before I would have had my Bronco at this rate. What I am so sick of hearing at this point is, "It is COVID's fault." (meant to be read in a childish voice). Yet, that is what everyone continues to hear month after month from almost every industry. When I read that the top maker doesn't have the capacity to fulfill all the orders, that tells me they never did in the first place (they're made from molded plastic beads for goodness sake). Just sounds like excuses to me coming from a place of really poor planning. This is the exact reason why when you outsource a part that you have designed and own the rights to, you should have multiple companies lined up to do it, not just one. This is also precisely the reason why vaccine production was so slow in the beginning. Bad planning.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not even gonna comment......

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Todays email.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 10.55.28 AM.jpg

More info/details posted by @flip

What about current scheduled orders: We have been told by our zone managers that if you currently have a VIN you are OK and the hard top issue should NOT affect you. Of course, this is not in writing but has been verbally confirmed by at least 2 reps.

What about FEs that haven’t been scheduled yet: Again, non-confirmed information is that a large chunk of these will be looked at next week when another round of scheduling happens. Not sure if it will be the balance of what’s left or just a portion.

Am I screwed if I’m a WT or 2 door: Neither the email nor associated FAQ address this question except for FE orders. There has been no information to say yes or no but several of us believe you may be hosed. I hope additional communication comes out to address this.

If I change tops will it get built: No, sort of. The FAQ plainly states you have a better chance of getting built if you have a 4 door, soft top and none of the restricted commodities. There is no guarantee changing these will get you built as dealer allocation and time stamp are still major factors.

Allocation: Ford states they intend to continue to schedule as many builds as they can within the production capacity and commodity constraints. We have heard they intend to fill dealer allocation numbers regardless if a customer walks away from the order or not. This could mean the dealer has a unit on the lot that they are free to sell. What it doesn’t mean is there is some sort of dirty deal between Ford and the dealers. If we tell Ford a customer wants the vehicle, they are going to build and ship it. Customer decides not to take delivery it’s still our problem.

Production: Ford is going to build as many units as possible but is likely to miss the targets they set at the beginning. There are no figures available to say how far short of the target they will be as several factors have impacted this.

What happens if you don’t get a ’21: No information has been provided to us yet to answer this. We assume they will have 2 more rounds of scheduling to fill out the ’21 model year. They may ask us to reconfirm ’22 model orders and make changes as needed. Nothing has been communicated related to time stamps, however we assume they will try to build ’22 models with consideration to commodity availability and time stamp.

... got the email.

Pretty much what I expected.

I'm a July 30 res, 2 Door Base no squatch, but 2.7L; i expected a next year build anyways.

😎👍 need a hardtop.
Sponsored