Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"So for those who need to get off-road right now, we're offering priority access to our complimentary off-road driving experience, the Bronco Off-Roadeo."

The bone they throw us is priority Off-Roadeo access. How will that work? I'm registered, but wonder if they will contact me about it?
Not even available in the Northeast yet...which one will be ready sooner. And I don't want to drive Ford's Bronco, I want to drive mine:) I didn't even order a hardtop:(
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll preface this by saying that i have zero insight into any contracts that Ford has with Webasto or anything like that.

BUT

I still think the best solution here for Ford to keep everyone happy, AND get trucks out the door, is to just ship them all with soft tops, but plumb the electrical and washer lines for the hardtop, Then when hardtops aren't in short supply, ship them out as a heavily discounted option that can be picked up at a dealer. Then just stick Webasto with the bill for the difference, since I'm sure they're already on the hook financially for failing to deliver in the first place.

Backing up the entire production line for this nonsense is asinine.

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey Ford!

How about you focus on the hardtops for the 2 doors for now, 4 door orders get a free dual top upgrade so we can get our Broncos, and send us the hardtops when they are ready? I know that sucks for you, probably and extra $500 per unit. But what also is going to suck is you pissing off all of the staunchest fans of this Bronco re-launch you spent a billion dollars on.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These two sentences are a bit contradictory:

• The reason this email is down to the wire is because we've been doing everything we possibly can to avoid the need to send it.
  • And while we are investing millions of dollars to fix our roof supply issue, that investment unfortunately won't materialize overnight.

Ford has known the top issue for some time and would have saved face a bit if this was just communicated often and early. The lack and then hype of any communication is piss poor at best.

While I am glad the news is not worse. However, I am disappointed with Ford solely because of their terrible communication during this entire process.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I didn’t even get the promised email so I think I am going to use this day off to go car shopping
You must have a super email provider, sent it straight to junk mail. No need to see this.

Sponsored

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im still sitting here waiting for my email...

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It would be nice to hear from an insider at the hardtop facility(ies) - how is Ford investing “millions”, for example?
They've hired 50 more communications staff to draft vague emails and do social posts ;)

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not even gonna read the thread. Just going to say I fully expected the email to read something like this: Due to the pandemic, commodity restraints, and other problems beyond our control your Bronco has been pushed to a MY 2022! So in my opinion this is good news!

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very crappy company, they knew when they will announce the Bronco, they knew everything exactly but they messed up, right now, Ford dealers are the most suffering from shortages, everyone is suffering but Ford dealers are in serious struggle, the dealer by my house used to have 200-300 cars at least, now they have like 20.

Remove (Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.) basically order the Bronco that no one wants to get it delivered soon otherwise good luck! come on Ford, you should've know better!
Sponsored