Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

5 pages in 14 minutes, impressive...
I don't think I can read 20 more pages of "Ford you suck" and "email didn't tell me shit"😞

Please everyone who is pissed off by today's email, call your dealer immediately and cancel your order.🤣

How many times have you guys posted complaints that Ford isn't communicating with you, only to jump down their throat when they do?🤪

Ford promised they would tell us an approximate delivery window by month's end and they can't, so they are writing to inform us.👍

If your wife can't get off work early to pick up the kids, your order at O'Reilly's, groceries, dinner, whatever... Don't you want her to let you know? Or would you rather she not tell you and let things get worse than they already are?🤔

From the first 5 pages of comments, 75% of you would jump down your wife's throat and give her shit about having to work late.🤨

I'm not trying to be PollyAnna or preach to you guys, because yes, I agree this sucks, this is very frustrasting. I am very sad. There are 200,000 people who want 50,000 toys and we all want them right now.😞
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only positive in this, is that Ford is finally being honest and transparent.
Ford is being non-committal, but not transparent. For example, they still haven't come clean on 2021 dealer stock production. Or informed buyers where it is already clearly impossible for their order to be built in 2021.

We were told absolutely no dealer stock until all reservations were filled. Then they throw in the whole dealer allocation. Then you hear about priority. Then you hear about VIP. If they put dealer stock out there, that would be the ultimate middle finger FU to those of us that reserved day one/day two.
They have no choice. Dealer stock soft tops is what they can build. Terrific news for dealers in areas where year-round topless is OK. They aren't even bothering to offer any incentive to switch to soft top at this point. You are right about priority orders and demo units - shameful and a a finger in the eye to reservation holders.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thousands of us waited till day one to be the first people to reserve the Bronco. We did so because we're super fans and we wanted to be the first on the street with one. We're told our timestamp determines when we'll get ours. We were told absolutely no dealer stock until all reservations were filled. Then they throw in the whole dealer allocation. Then you hear about priority. Then you hear about VIP. If they put dealer stock out there, that would be the ultimate middle finger FU to those of us that reserved day one/day two.
Yep, I agree. But they will do whatever they need to do to put the plant at capacity. Always have, always will. I don't have the words to express how I feel about the entire thing.....not just this, but the entire process.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow some kind of date would been nice! I really wish I did'nt start trolling these forums because it has got my hopes up and makes it a bad way for a lot of people to start a long week end what really pisses me of is I ordered a 2 DR with no intentions on switching and will probably take top off anyway hell My jeep top is 14' up in my garage on a hoist and was already looking into doing the same with the MIC top so if the 2 DR Broncos are only like 1/3rd of all orders thay can't really blame it on tops becuase there is no option for soft top on a 2DR anyway I think Ford should offer 72 Month 0% interest for the screw up!!!!

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's frank.
It's humble.
It's as honest as they can be given what they have to work with and the info at hand.
It's NOT what people wanted to hear, but far from the worst that could have been.
I appreciate the "everyday person" approach and language.
Stay as positive as you can, folks.
This too shall pass.
Everyone's situation is not the same, everyone's budget is not the same.

Bottom line is it isn't opportune, it isn't great, but there are other options for each of us in our own way, within our own means.
I, for one, am not going to rag on anyone who does what they feel is right in their situation.
Whether it be to jump ship, buy a different gap-filler vehicle, or whatever it is.

In my case I am not budging on my 2.7, MIC, or BL build so it is 2022 I can safely assume.
In my case I took Bronco Down payment funds and paid cash for a TJ in good shape that gets me off road, gets me the top off life-livin' in the meantime.
I'll replenish the funds between now and next spring.
Then decide whether to sell the TJ for more funds, keep it as a 2nd wheelin' rig, or pass it on down to one of my daughters (I know which one they would vote for).

Stay positive, stay supportive of each other (it's what built this forum and developed relationships and respect for some of us).
If you don't agree. I'm sorry you feel that way and won't argue with ya.
I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy and it makes life much easier that way.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I asked Ford this morning what this meant for Wildtrak and 2 door customers since there currently isn't an option for soft tops on them. He didn't know the answer to that and said he'd get back with us. He simply said we should try to switch everyone to the soft top if we could and if they wanted a chance at a Bronco this year.

I haven't read this entire thread, so it could've been stated already, but I will add this part that isn't going to be popular. Given the number of units currently in the queue that have constraints, Ford is going to allow dealers to put in "stock" orders with the hopes they get pulled so the plant is at capacity. I heard that rumor yesterday, and actually tried to put one in WBDO, but we didn't have the option to choose "stock" as the order type. Supposedly within a few days, they will have that changed just like every other model we order. To put in simpler terms, say a dealer is allocated 10 units for a build cycle, but only 5 orders get scheduled because of constraints. If that dealer has stock builds in the system that are buildable, those will get pulled to fill the total allocation of 10.

I assume most dealers will simply put in a bunch of 2.3L, soft top 4 doors with minimal constraint items. Don't shoot the messenger.
That’s a game changer right there. Even if Ford can build my hour 2 Wildtrak later on all of my dealer allocation will be spent.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Too bad the Bronco has weight issues. They could have busted out a one-piece metal stamped roof as a solution until Webesto got its act together.

C_Copperpot225

Badlands
First Name
Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think lots of current orders would shift to a soft top if they would run electrical and water line for a future hard top. I would have gone this route from the beginning even before knowing the hard top would be an issue.

GiddyUp’21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander (2nd car while waiting 4 Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hardtop Roof, 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package, etc.

I literally have every single one of those options. Guess I'm waiting for a good long while now.
Same here. I have to say that email was better than I’d feared.

However, now that it’s pretty clear I won’t see my Bronco in 2021 I am starting to think about other options.

Sponsored

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep… I just received the email 😭 Sasquatch, Black top, Badlands delayed me 😂
Well duh, any black/mod top was pushed to a my22 a long time ago anyways, so this email announcement doesn’t impact us. I’m just worried that the delay in mic tops will probably spill over and delay other Broncos ahead of us and further delay the mod top in 22. I was hoping for delivery before April/may of 2022, but it might be even longer for the mod camp.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bam! That folks is some truth right there.
The water tubing and wiring harness are likely commodity-restricted items!

The Deadly Six are now the Deady Eleventy-Six...

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 D6EFF748-DA51-4DCE-8935-F090F16F5DBD

Was Ford bought out by Pop Copy?!

Kidding aside, I do wish they would recommit to a delivery estimate in a few months time. Right now, no one knows when their Bronco will be built and many cannot afford that indefinite uncertainty. Also, that constrained commodity list looks an awful lot like my order. Maybe I should add a safari bar!:ROFLMAO:

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Colleagues will receive a Colleague Appreciation Bonus of $500 after six months of employment. Starting wage is $17 per hour for first shift, and $17.50 for second and third shift! This is a temporary wage through January 31, after which hourly wage will return to the normal...
That's pathetic! A major automotive supplier is only paying $17 per hour....TEMPORARIALY?!?!?!

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They have no choice. Dealer stock soft tops is what they can build. Terrific news for dealers in areas where year-round topless is OK. They aren't even bothering to offer any incentive to switch to soft top at this point. You are right about priority orders and demo units - shameful and a a finger in the eye to reservation holders.
Simple solution would be to offer us Res holders the option to get a soft-top for the model we want. You keep your die hard fans happy and you keep your plant running.
Sponsored