First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, I’m getting ready to pull the Change Order pin from CO to Shiny Gas Can Green if it becomes available in MY22. I don’t need a winter delivery in any case so I can wait a season and enjoy my 2019 F150 before it becomes the Old Girl.
Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This email confirms the problem is leaky roof design. If it was lack of raw materials or labor, they would have said so.

I think people need to start asking @mrlevine about the leaky roofs to get some answers.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like I'm getting out of this deal... Ford reminds me of that CCR song, "Someday Never Comes"

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This email confirms the problem is leaky roof design. If it was lack of raw materials or labor, they would have said so.

I think people need to start asking @mrlevine about the leaky roofs to get some answers.
...and why didn't they plan for a two-door soft top from the beginning?

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had a talk with a GM of my dealer and he was talking about how supply chain issues are all over the auto industry right now - mentioned his lot normally has 400 new cars on it, right now they have 90.

At least production is still on schedule to start next week and this shouldn't be a mach e situation - I also asked if Ford would send out weekly or monthly production emails and he wasn't sure.

BuckingBronco72

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m just wondering what happened with who behind what closed doors for Webasto to get this contract. Maybe they’ll be used for the lightning too.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sadly, people canceling won't move any of us up the line. The person can cancel, but no dealership is going to let that build go. It will still be in front of you and the dealer will throw it on the lot for a mark up. Canceling doesn't "teach Ford a lesson". It will still be built and they will still get paid for it.
My point is that did we honestly expect anything else. We are all going to have to wait. Yeah, I wished things were different, but it is what it is.

Sponsored

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’d rather have an unpleasant truth over a comforting lie.

I’m not sure what people expected. As forum members with so many inside connections and rumors.... I’m not sure why people expected some sort of ground breaking statement. This is clarification of “we don’t know” which I’d personally prefer over the previous statements that were likely over optimistic. If you want your bronco faster switch to a soft top, if that’s a dealbreaker you can either wait or cancel your order. It’s really that simple.
Finally, a voice of reason on here.

qwaves

Badlands
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1250 GSA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of a nothing-burger.
BadLands on the list is an additional bummer.
Still no date for, well anything.
On the issue of delivering with the wiring but no hardtop. Perhaps an additional constraint are the electronics for the hardtop. We know chip and electronics scarcity are a problem overall, and this would explain why we can't get a soft top now, with wiring thrown in as a crumb.
And BTW: You can still go on the Ford site and order a 21, (with the same caveats that have been there for quite some time). Seems to me that if Ford wanted to limit frustration that site would say something like "21's are sold out. 22 B&P coming soon." As it is today, the waiting line will just continue to grow.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
D6EFF748-DA51-4DCE-8935-F090F16F5DBD.gif

Was Ford bought out by Pop Copy?!

Kidding aside, I do wish they would recommit to a delivery estimate in a few months time. Right now, no one knows when their Bronco will be built and many cannot afford that indefinite uncertainty. Also, that constrained commodity list looks an awful lot like my order. Maybe I should add a safari bar!:ROFLMAO:
Do it, do it, do it, do it! 😛

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a joke. Absolutely gave zero new info, except that we could easily see our Broncos in 2022 without admitting it. They are being vague to keep people on the hook, all these people who are saying they are glad the news isn't worse, what do you define as worse? Being confirmed that everybody is pushed to at least 2022, or confirmed you will never get a Bronco ever? I don't get it, this email gave the worst news we could get, and that is complete uncertainty from Ford.

They should be giving real options to the customer, like slashing the price of the soft top/hard top combo and give the soft top to start. Or, for hard top only customers, give them the soft top that is standard for some of the trims and give them priority when hard tops become available separately... If we want to buy the hard top when it becomes available, we can, or stick with soft top and move on. There seems to be no real problem solving going on over there, they are reactive not proactive, a complete embarrassment since they've known about the top issue for months.
Sponsored