Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They need to open up two doors to soft tops. It’s silly for them to not offer that as an option at this point.
Amen and at least address the difference between the 2 and 4 door in their note to dealers. I just spoke to my dealer and he was not sure if a soft top was offered in a 2 Door, but then was telling me how awesome it was to drive the Bronco at a dealer event in Texas. That really made me feel great, you get to drive it but don't even know whether or not I can get a soft top for my 2 door. I knew the answer was "no" but I was curious to see how much he knew. Not much apparently. And the also refused to refund my deposit regardless of how long this process takes.
I really wonder how this is going to go for all the people that had to make a non-refundable deposit with there dealer. Is the dealer just going to keep your deposit and say blah blah blah excuse number 47 on page number 107. I really wonder what kind of crap people are going to have to go through to get their deposit back . I see more headaches and Heart ache coming to people that I’ve been jerked around by Ford. And now some dealership. good luck to you all that have had to place a nonrefundable deposit.
Mine just refused to give me my deposit back. I said so you are telling me I could get my Bronco in 2024 and you are still going to refuse to refund my deposit, they said yes.

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Um...Isn't Raptor subject to the chip shortage along with the other F-150 and there is no guarantee of receiving the Raptor either?
Yes it is....but at this point I believe they can at least produce that product with some form of a timeline.

poconochris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's pathetic! A major automotive supplier is only paying $17 per hour....TEMPORARIALY?!?!?!
That's the Webasto operators job, Ford probably up'ed their starting rate till they get caught up.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Take a breath...and realize Ford is totally over a barrel because their supply chain management elected to procure 100% of a necessary part from a supplier who didn't even have a plant, and based their price quote on underpaying labor by $10/hour.

Sure....this particular problem will eventually be resolved. But those planning for a 2022 or 2023 haven't even heard yet of the inevitable next blunder that's just around the corner. Just sayin'

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a game changer right there. Even if Ford can build my hour 2 Wildtrak later on all of my dealer allocation will be spent.
Yup, non-FE is mostly screwed - especially the 2dr. Ford threw in the towel, but sent out a folksy email to placate the masses for a while. Next stop on the apology tour is when dealer lots start filling up with soft tops.

SLBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer/Lease Mercedes CLS63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So let's say they only make 60,000 Broncos this model year out of the estimated 190,000 reservation holders (some have already opted for Model 22 year). Then for year 22 some will have barely moved up the reservation order (if there ever was one). With the supply issues and no end in sight what's there to say your order won't get pushed back until 3rd, 4th quarter of 22 or even worse model year 23. This is ridiculous. I bet most won't get their Bronco until at least summer of 22 or later. Two years from when you place a reservation. That is a joke.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What a joke. Absolutely gave zero new info, except that we could easily see our Broncos in 2022 without admitting it. They are being vague to keep people on the hook, all these people who are saying they are glad the news isn't worse, what do you define as worse? Being confirmed that everybody is pushed to at least 2022, or confirmed you will never get a Bronco ever? I don't get it, this email gave the worst news we could get, and that is complete uncertainty from Ford.

They should be giving real options to the customer, like slashing the price of the soft top/hard top combo and give the soft top to start. Or, for hard top only customers, give them the soft top that is standard for some of the trims and give them priority when hard tops become available separately... If we want to buy the hard top when it becomes available, we can, or stick with soft top and move on. There seems to be no real problem solving going on over there, they are reactive not proactive, a complete embarrassment since they've known about the top issue for months.
What about 2 Door orders? All that works for 4 doors but they are not even offering a soft top for the 2 Door, at least at this point.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I honestly don't blame Ford. We just went through a 100+ year global pandemic that no one had any way to plan around or the knowledge to do so.
Here we go again ... 🙄

jdvz411

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didn't know the Safari Bar was a sin but it's the only one I have on my order. Since I ordered a Big Bend I'm sticking with what I want. Maybe the sun will shine on this dog's a**.

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks