First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sold this in November 2020, to generate money for the Bronco I was assured to be delivered in April/May 2021. Regrets Fo Sho. Annoyed.

IMG_20200408_134321187_HDR.jpg
Brother you’re not alone. I sold my 2019 jeep JLU in November also. I start to cry every time I think about all the money I lost by not holding onto it in today’s market both of us have lost thousands of dollars. Sometimes in life timing is everything😭 .....way to come through Ford
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve received every other email from Ford but not this one but I’m glad I’m not alone in this boat.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

By the looks of this, those of us that are waiting on the Shadow Black Painted MOD top are now getting a MY23.
Hope you are wrong but I guess its possible that you are right.
🤬🤬🤬

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the crux of what's bullshit:

Production: Ford is going to build as many units as possible but is likely to miss the targets they set at the beginning. There are no figures available to say how far short of the target they will be as several factors have impacted this.

This is unadulterated B.S.

SOMEONE -- actually, MANY someones in board rooms and on factory floors - has run numbers and done estimates and has an idea of what they can produce given current supplier constraints and work orders. There is absolutely zero chance there isn't a target number, best-case scenarios and worst-case scenarios written down on paper. Now, the reason they probably don't want to share that is having been burned by over promising on deadlines in the past, and I get that. But I hate being talked to like I'm stupid, and Ford thinking that we think they have NO IDEA of what their production pace is going to look like for the next several months is beyond ludicrous.

//end rant :)
I get that but say you have 15K squatch packages available and 18K orders. 3K aren't getting built. Same with tow and lux and everything else then factor in how many orders have multiples of these and the pool keeps shrinking. However, you have more than enough "stuff" to build a whole bunch of other vehicles that don't have commodity issues. Do you pack the line to use what's on hand and keep production up or only build the orders you can then shut down? It's a really shitty situation but logic say build everything you can, hope some people can modify orders to be buildable and get as many out as possible.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we just get a ball park idea from Ford when 2022 B&P will be put up? Just give us 2022MY guys something.
No. No you cannot. We never get anything we want from Ford, let alone the vehicles we all ordered.

Heet33

Badlands
First Name
Jaye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Campervan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With a 2dr Badlands marine grade vinyl and rubber floor - hell keep the top it will barely be on anyway!!

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well,there goes all the allowcations for a small dealership this year. And one of the main reasons we stayed with a small dealership was because we thought we had a better chance of getting one in 21MY . So much for a chance of a 2dr this year
I get that side of the story too. As a dealership, do you just sit idle and not put any stock orders in and let your allocation go to waste? Or do you just do nothing and hope your customers get pulled and you come out good in the long run?

I can tell you what every dealer is going to do.

jdvz411

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How do you ramp up when you can’t make tops?
Obviously in a perfect world which that is far from the case in this situation. But at the very least to get Broncos on the road they pull orders they can build.

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
0 new information. Nice

FORD is a $57B company that is blaming their inability to produce vehicles on not having enough hardtops. Not only is this embarrassing for FORD but it seems to convey a lack of processes. When a vulnerability in manufacturing is encountered some AI based tool should enable an efficient and nimble correction. Certainly more than we are seeing. I can't help to think that upper management has taken their eye off the Bronco ball and is focusing the companies' resources on the EV lines. JMHO

Oh, and I'm pretty disappointed! :mad:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you ramp up when you can’t make tops?
Dealer stock production of soft tops. Ford apparently decided to do this instead of finding other solutions.

Expect a Ford press release soon that says:

Thanks to Ford's multi-million dollar investments, the coveted all-new 4dr soft top Bronco will now be widely available in dealer inventory a full year ahead of schedule. Dealer inventory will be available starting in early fall 2021.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So let's say they only make 60,000 Broncos this model year out of the estimated 190,000 reservation holders (some have already opted for Model 22 year). Then for year 22 some will have barely moved up the reservation order (if there ever was one). With the supply issues and no end in sight what's there to say your order won't get pushed back until 3rd, 4th quarter of 22 or even worse model year 23. This is ridiculous. I bet most won't get their Bronco until at least summer of 22 or later. Two years from when you place a reservation. That is a joke.
I think there may have been a clue in the dealer insight FAQ that hinted they may not even build 60k for MY21. If that's the case, then who knows what's what?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So riddle me this Batman:

Why, if the hardtops are so difficult to produce and supposedly the biggest constraint on the production process, is there literally 100s of them on mannequins outside of MAP right now? Ship the mannequins with soft tops, tell the dealers they can't sell them until the correct hard top is provided, and then give the current allotment of hardtops to the customers who have been waiting close to a year for their Bronco!!!! This is slap in the face to those who have been patiently waiting for a build date, only to receive this piss-poor email about shit we already knew.

(photos "borrowed" from @Mattwings' 5/23/21 post)

1622227706367.png
1622227720610.png
1622227732374.png
1622227748194.png
1622227768270.png
These tops may not meet quality expectations. There were lots of soft tops and even some of those were aftermarket. There is no secret plan to hold Broncos from us, if they could produce them and make $$$$, they would. I don’t know anyone in the MAP plant specifically, but my understanding from others involved in the top side of the equation, it is still a giant cluster f**k. They will likely be putting tops on as they have them, then removing them and putting the proper tops on when they have those. There is zero capacity from other sources, so Ford is grinding it out with Webasto, literally in their plant daily. I have not been by MAP this week, but I have heard that some did move (no clue if they shipped or got moved to a lot somewhere). It’s a lot easier to deal with mannequin issues than customer deliveries as well.
Sponsored