First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have great news for everybody! Surefire!

Bronco.jpg

The fastest way is not to play...

This is absolute garbage, the fastest way to Bronco is to win the Bronco VIN and PSP lottery which is proven to have little rhyme or reason. Everyone changing there orders isn't really a helpful thing.

What Ford could have done, and probably should have done, was to have dealers reach out to customers (in order of reservation) to inform the customer that they would be able to keep the build they ordered, however that because of x, y, or z, the order would be delayed. If you want to change the offending option - keep your place in line; if not you go into the missing parts for completion queue, in order of reservation. As parts become available, your vehicle will be built. Customers get maximum flexibility without having to play guess the winning configuration/combination. This was easy to not f' up
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I did not read 38 pages but this video is Ford’s(kid rock) email today to bronco reservation holders(joe dirt).

Waynepa9

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Porsche Cayenne S, 79 CJ-7, 09 BMW Z4 3.0 man
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First day res and now looking like '22 based on 2 dr BL/2.7/tow pack/MIC. Was curious about '22 colors but not enough to defer to '22 a few months ago. Didn't trust Ford not to screw up my time stamp with deferral -looks like I made the right call. Want to make me feel better about delay? Show me the damn '22 colors so I can get the green with white top/grill in '22 at my '21 pricing.

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dayumnnnnn I was planning on doing a paint correction but if I get it in November or December it's a no go in NYS.

Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel unbelievably lucky 🍀 to be scheduled, considering the constraints. I have a night one res, 2Dr, BD, Squatch, 2.7, MIC, Tow, & Mid.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The email seems to be extremely generic and could/should be sent to everyone. Is there a consensus on what it means if you did not get an email? I see no reason why with one click their whole mailing list could not have received it, it's not like everyone is on B6G.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Better news than most thought but still very disappointing. Webasto tops seems to be the big problem here. I hope contractually FORD has some recourse.....when things get "caught up"; sue them for losses and damages and work on a new top vendor. That said, to suggest we consider a soft top to speed up our order is ludicrous for many, probably most of us. I don't care where you live in the USA, you experience bad/wet weather. Soft tops may be good for a few months in the Summer but they are not practical as a full time top. A factory worker also said that they are crap. Now I have seen some say they will buy a hard top later. It will likely cost a lot more and the freight shipping charges are a killer for most to do this. Back to FORD. I love Ford vehicles. This is also not the fault of the workers in the plant. They have a cool job building these Broncos and they want to get on with it too. Some blame this all on Covid. Some of the issue, sure, but not all of it. There has been some poor planning and lack of follow through in many areas. FORD needs to learn from this and not let it happen again. Now......we WAIT ! Some will jump ship and some will stay. I will stay but this is....getting OLD!

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Todays email.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 10.55.28 AM.jpg

More info/details posted by @flip

What about current scheduled orders: We have been told by our zone managers that if you currently have a VIN you are OK and the hard top issue should NOT affect you. Of course, this is not in writing but has been verbally confirmed by at least 2 reps.

What about FEs that haven’t been scheduled yet: Again, non-confirmed information is that a large chunk of these will be looked at next week when another round of scheduling happens. Not sure if it will be the balance of what’s left or just a portion.

Am I screwed if I’m a WT or 2 door: Neither the email nor associated FAQ address this question except for FE orders. There has been no information to say yes or no but several of us believe you may be hosed. I hope additional communication comes out to address this.

If I change tops will it get built: No, sort of. The FAQ plainly states you have a better chance of getting built if you have a 4 door, soft top and none of the restricted commodities. There is no guarantee changing these will get you built as dealer allocation and time stamp are still major factors.

Allocation: Ford states they intend to continue to schedule as many builds as they can within the production capacity and commodity constraints. We have heard they intend to fill dealer allocation numbers regardless if a customer walks away from the order or not. This could mean the dealer has a unit on the lot that they are free to sell. What it doesn’t mean is there is some sort of dirty deal between Ford and the dealers. If we tell Ford a customer wants the vehicle, they are going to build and ship it. Customer decides not to take delivery it’s still our problem.

Production: Ford is going to build as many units as possible but is likely to miss the targets they set at the beginning. There are no figures available to say how far short of the target they will be as several factors have impacted this.

What happens if you don’t get a ’21: No information has been provided to us yet to answer this. We assume they will have 2 more rounds of scheduling to fill out the ’21 model year. They may ask us to reconfirm ’22 model orders and make changes as needed. Nothing has been communicated related to time stamps, however we assume they will try to build ’22 models with consideration to commodity availability and time stamp.
Everyone is complaining about Ford’s terrible communication through this whole process and I totally get it.

Here’s an example: You can still reserve a 2021 on their web site (even after today’s email) with a message that states Summer 2021 delivery. Get ready for NEW disgruntled members B6G!

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Things not addressed in the 5/28/21 communication:

What about current scheduled orders: We have been told by our zone managers that if you currently have a VIN you are OK and the hard top issue should NOT affect you. Of course, this is not in writing but has been verbally confirmed by at least 2 reps.

What about FEs that haven’t been scheduled yet: Again, non-confirmed information is that a large chunk of these will be looked at next week when another round of scheduling happens. Not sure if it will be the balance of what’s left or just a portion.

Am I screwed if I’m a WT or 2 door: Neither the email nor associated FAQ address this question except for FE orders. There has been no information to say yes or no but several of us believe you may be hosed. I hope additional communication comes out to address this.

If I change tops will it get built: No, sort of. The FAQ plainly states you have a better chance of getting built if you have a 4 door, soft top and none of the restricted commodities. There is no guarantee changing these will get you built as dealer allocation and time stamp are still major factors.

Allocation: Ford states they intend to continue to schedule as many builds as they can within the production capacity and commodity constraints. We have heard they intend to fill dealer allocation numbers regardless if a customer walks away from the order or not. This could mean the dealer has a unit on the lot that they are free to sell. What it doesn’t mean is there is some sort of dirty deal between Ford and the dealers. If we tell Ford a customer wants the vehicle, they are going to build and ship it. Customer decides not to take delivery it’s still our problem.

Production: Ford is going to build as many units as possible but is likely to miss the targets they set at the beginning. There are no figures available to say how far short of the target they will be as several factors have impacted this.

What happens if you don’t get a ’21: No information has been provided to us yet to answer this. We assume they will have 2 more rounds of scheduling to fill out the ’21 model year. They may ask us to reconfirm ’22 model orders and make changes as needed. Nothing has been communicated related to time stamps, however we assume they will try to build ’22 models with consideration to commodity availability and time stamp.

ETA: There was a conversation that Ford may include the wiring and washer hook ups for future hard top installation. This should mean the switches, pump and steering column module will be configured or configurable to work with a factory top. Along with that might be FP points to offset some of the top costs. Nothing in writing, just stuff that was discussed and passed along.
The first point is exactly what I thought. If you have a build week email than you’re in the clear for a 21’.
Anyone with a build email get this delay email today? I haven’t

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s not like Webasto staged a coup and forced Ford to contract them to make tops or else. That decision goes to Fords judgement at a minimum for not doing their due diligence, or at least failing to have a back up plan until it’s too late. Failing to plan is planning to fail, and the buck stops at the blue oval.

This has become the trend for Ford of late, and they do not deserve a pass or us wonderfully loyal customers. They deserve all the scorn they get. They eff’d up the bull bar by blocking the bronco lettering....had to scrap their entire stock and start over (gee we didn’t think to ask anyone if they wanted to see the Bronco letters). They contrived and implemented their sneaky priority order scheme....doling out thousands of constrained items to Johnny come lately line jumpers (not their fault) at the expense of us early reservation holders who are now left holding our proverbial dicks, babbling on incessantly about timestamps, and allocation rankings, and fairness, and lies.

They implemented dealer allocations, and VIP orders, and offered no 2dr or WT soft top option......let me say this one again because it’s a super special kind of stupidity that ought to end up in the stupidity hall of fame.....Ford is forcing customers to a soft top option which isn’t even an option for probably 35-40% (WT and 2dr) of their orders.

On a more positive note they ought to be flush with winches......I’ll bet they have a fuckload of them since they, in all their glorious wisdom, managed to locate the winch in such a manner as to render ACC and trail cams useless so you had to pick or choose if you wanted a winch or the most popular high or Lux pkgs.......brilliant engineering feat their boys.

This is getting way too long and I haven’t even gotten to mod tops, which in effect jump started the MIC top shortage......or dual tops, or PPF, or roof racks.

This current group of Ford ass hats couldn’t run a Turkish whore house, let alone a car company. And they can stick their Off Roadeo appeasement boondoggle and their 28 May Seinfeld thematic letter about nothing where the sun don’t shine....I would rather have a root canal. I wish my printer worked (not made by Ford) so I could print 2 copies of that letter.......I would crap on one and cover it with the other.

Now, come on Thursday......Daddy needs a new Bronco.

Last edited:

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Amen and at least address the difference between the 2 and 4 door in their note to dealers. I just spoke to my dealer and he was not sure if a soft top was offered in a 2 Door, but then was telling me how awesome it was to drive the Bronco at a dealer event in Texas. That really made me feel great, you get to drive it but don't even know whether or not I can get a soft top for my 2 door. I knew the answer was "no" but I was curious to see how much he knew. Not much apparently. And the also refused to refund my deposit regardless of how long this process takes.

Mine just refused to give me my deposit back. I said so you are telling me I could get my Bronco in 2024 and you are still going to refuse to refund my deposit, they said yes.
How much was your deposit if you don’t mind me asking. I haven’t paid anything besides the $100 and I “have” a VIN.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I thought I did that. Apparently I got too greedy and asked for a roof.
Yeah, if you exclude destination, my build came in at under $29k. I added the Aux switches and the upcharge for Rapid Red.

But apparently having a roof is simply too much.