Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you’re a shareholder. Tesla killing everyone on profit per car , which will only increase when they release 4680 batteries produced in-house next year

https://evannex.com/blogs/news/tesl...-5x-higher-than-the-average-vehicle-from-ford
Tesla also has the advantage of being direct to market and not having to profit share with the dealer. But I'd rather buy a car that provides less profit margin to insanely rich individuals because that means I'm getting more for my money.
Sponsored

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, my dealership called me and asked if I wanted to change my order. Literally the first time they have ever contacted me. I’m on the fence about whether to change to the four door and add soft top or stick with the two door.
If it was me, I’d probably jump to the 4-door. I like them both and could go either way, sts. If you were 2-door all the way when you placed your order, I’d stay the course. It would suck to regret switching every time you see a 2-door.

Deleted member 5064

Tesla also has the advantage of being direct to market and not having to profit share with the dealer. But I'd rather buy a car that provides less profit margin to insanely rich individuals because that means I'm getting more for my money.
so individuals that own a Ford dealership/groups that charge you $100 for a synthetic oil change aren’t rich individuals? 😂

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys have even calm me paranoid.... I talk to my fleet manager almost daily now.... And he keeps taking a min or two to check my order status... Lol Yes it's moved a few times.... 😬🤣

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, my dealership called me and asked if I wanted to change my order. Literally the first time they have ever contacted me. I’m on the fence about whether to change to the four door and add soft top or stick with the two door.
4 door better resale/trade value.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s not like Webasto staged a coup and forced Ford to contract them to make tops or else. That decision goes to Fords judgement at a minimum for not doing their due diligence, or at least failing to have a back up plan until it’s too late. Failing to plan is planning to fail, and the buck stops at the blue oval.

This has become the trend for Ford of late, and they do not deserve a pass or us wonderfully loyal customers. They deserve all the scorn they get. They eff’d up the bull bar by blocking the bronco lettering....had to scrap their entire stock and start over (gee we didn’t think to ask anyone if they wanted to see the Bronco letters). They contrived and implemented their sneaky priority order scheme....doling out thousands of constrained items to Johnny come lately line jumpers (not their fault) at the expense of us early reservation holders who are now left holding our proverbial dicks, babbling on incessantly about timestamps, and allocation rankings, and fairness, and lies.

They implemented dealer allocations, and VIP orders, and offered no 2dr or WT soft top option......let me say this one again because it’s a super special kind of stupidity that ought to end up in the stupidity hall of fame.....Ford is forcing customers to a soft top option which isn’t even an option for probably 35-40% (WT and 2dr) of their orders.

On a more positive note they ought to be flush with winches......I’ll bet they have a fuckload of them since they, in all their glorious wisdom, managed to locate the winch in such a manner as to render ACC and trail cams useless so you had to pick or choose if you wanted a winch or the most popular high or Lux pkgs.......brilliant engineering feat their boys.

This is getting way too long and I haven’t even gotten to mod tops, which in effect jump started the MIC top shortage......or dual tops, or PPF, or roof racks.

This current group of Ford ass hats couldn’t run a Turkish whore house, let alone a car company. And they can stick their Off Roadeo appeasement boondoggle and their 28 May Seinfeld thematic letter about nothing where the sun don’t shine....I would rather have a root canal. I wish my printer worked (not made by Ford) so I could print 2 copies of that letter.......I would crap on one and cover it with the other.

Now, come on Thursday......Daddy needs a new Bronco.
LOL I’m dying. I love your turn of phrase!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are you getting a FE?

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you’re a shareholder. Tesla killing everyone on profit per car , which will only increase when they release 4680 batteries produced in-house next year

https://evannex.com/blogs/news/tesl...-5x-higher-than-the-average-vehicle-from-ford
I'm not sure where people are getting this idea, but Tesla isn't killing it on profit per car, in fact without the regulatory credits that Tesla sells to other car companies they'd still be posting massive losses each quarter. As all of the major manufacturers start to sell EVs themselves, those Tesla credits will be worth less and less, and they'll revert to posting large losses each quarter. Also, every time I see something about Tesla's margins it's using non-GAAP accounting and includes the revenue from the regulatory credits (which will disappear in 5-10 years). Here is a much more accurate analysis of Tesla's actual margins. https://stockdividendscreener.com/a...tomotive-revenue-and-gross-margin-comparison/

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands