Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This has the distinct sound of the death rattle about it. Its quite likely that the next step is that numerous order holders, even FEs, will have their deposits returned and informed they must start from scratch. This may be the worst green banana of all time.
Sponsored

Deleted member 5064

I'm not sure where people are getting this idea, but Tesla isn't killing it on profit per car, in fact without the regulatory credits that Tesla sells to other car companies they'd still be posting massive losses each quarter. As all of the major manufacturers start to sell EVs themselves, those Tesla credits will be worth less and less, and they'll revert to posting large losses each quarter. Also, every time I see something about Tesla's margins it's using non-GAAP accounting and includes the revenue from the regulatory credits (which will disappear in 5-10 years). Here is a much more accurate analysis of Tesla's actual margins. https://stockdividendscreener.com/a...tomotive-revenue-and-gross-margin-comparison/
Margins will only increase when Giga Austin comes online with giga press and 4680 cells.
“Guosen Securities analyzed the Model Y. The study broke down the total gross margin and revealed it was 29.4%, around three times the industry average that lies at between 8-10% for luxury”

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-record-q1-2021-gross-margin-average-cost-decrease/

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m a mod top buyer and Ford said we would get 2021 prices for 2022 models. For those 2021 mic that get bumped because of the mic top, will they get the same promise. Assuming Ford even keeps the promise offered to mod top buyers.

lvgambler

Base
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf TDI, F250 Crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Despite the prevailing attitude of "normalcy" the pandemic is still ongoing. 50% (U.S.) have been vaccinated, so it's going to be around for a while. Starting a new platform in the middle of said pandemic was unfortunate. Shortages of a bunch of items are in full swing (try and do a construction project...) but at least I can get toilet paper!

We have a choice, 'beat feet' or stay. Frankly, the more of you that cancel the better it is for the rest of us. Plenty of Jeeps, Land Rovers, TRD Tacomas and 4runners for you right now. To bad the FJ was cancelled...!

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not upset and understand the challenges Ford faces.

However, my interpretation of the email contents read as follows.....Blah,Blah,Blah.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Badlands. Changed my reservation from FE to that trim. Kind of wish I wouldn’t have now due to this hardtop issue.
It’s such a screwed up situation with the FEs right now. They say they will all be 2021s. Ok then why are you giving the precious hard tops to people who reserved after FE holders.

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Despite the prevailing attitude of "normalcy" the pandemic is still ongoing. 50% (U.S.) have been vaccinated, so it's going to be around for a while. Starting a new platform in the middle of said pandemic was unfortunate. Shortages of a bunch of items are in full swing (try and do a construction project...) but at least I can get toilet paper!

We have a choice, 'beat feet' or stay. Frankly, the more of you that cancel the better it is for the rest of us. Plenty of Jeeps, Land Rovers, TRD Tacomas and 4runners for you right now. To bad the FJ was cancelled...!
If there are plenty of other cars, then this isn’t pandemic related. It’s a Ford f up

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Badlands. Changed my reservation from FE to that trim. Kind of wish I wouldn’t have now due to this hardtop issue.
Have you ever driven a 4 door wrangler. The road manners are better than 2 doors. The lwb gives it a nice stable ride. In a 2 door you really have to slow it down in the turns.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a mod top buyer and Ford said we would get 2021 prices for 2022 models. For those 2021 mic that get bumped because of the mic top, will they get the same promise. Assuming Ford even keeps the promise offered to mod top buyers.
That promise wasn't specific to the mod top. Everyone got the promise in the March email that there would be no price increase if you get bumped to MY2022 and receive an equivalent MY2022 model.

It's a bit unclear what that means if features/colors change for MY2022, and how much you'll have leeway to change your mind when the '22 options are announced. But otherwise that is a promise that I still expect Ford to keep.

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s such a screwed up situation with the FEs right now. They say they will all be 2021s. Ok then why are you giving the precious hard tops to people who reserved after FE holders.
I agree why are they giving up the hard tops? Priority order / VIP. That is crap

Sponsored

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That promise wasn't specific to the mod top. Everyone got the promise in the March email that there would be no price increase if you get bumped to MY2022 and receive an equivalent MY2022 model.

It's a bit unclear what that means if features/colors change for MY2022, and how much you'll have leeway to change your mind when the '22 options are announced. But otherwise that is a promise that I still expect Ford to keep.
Ok didn’t know that. I just hope Ford doesn’t try and back out of that deal somehow, like by changing trim level or options. Who knows at this point

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How much was your deposit if you don’t mind me asking. I haven’t paid anything besides the $100 and I “have” a VIN.
$500 and I was dumb enough to agree to it but I did not think it would go beyond this summer.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the email clearly states hardtops are the issue.
I’m a July 29 reservation. I know that’s way late.
But I’m a soft top only 4 door
According to the email I got earlier today it should make it to where I get mine faster. Was assuming I’d be 22, but now I’m thinking I’m 21.
Correct?

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is being discussed from what I was told.
While it makes sense, and clearly you're more in the know than most, I just don't see this as being a solution. They likely sourced the washer components based upon projections and if they offer this on soft tops these components would likely just become the next constrained items. Therefore impacting the MIC that they can deliver.
Sponsored