Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 E166E036-C86F-4F79-9FC4-1C7B2B5F22C7

Sanp from the 2 door my brother was driving.
Was this ST.
Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 117AECB0-3299-402A-B3E2-7725B7FCE556
Sponsored

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

with all of these delays should FORD now be making a decision to call of Bronco's from this date forward be called a 2022?????

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They floated this to our reps in a meeting this past week but apparently have things to work out if it’s going to happen. It sounds like they have some other things they are considering doing but again, nothing in writing yet. I was told the final straw came from Webasto on Monday. True or not, all parties knew there were ongoing issues. I assume they were at a deadline for some sort of production capacity and had to admit failure. I get why Ford stepped in because they usually stay out of suppliers workings. This is an extrordinary situation that has a huge impact on Ford’s ability to produce the Bronco at all. F’d up all the way around but this is a result of labor shortages and overselling of capability by Webasto.
It’s not shocking that a company would oversell their capabilities in order to win a contract. What is shocking to me is that a company as prominent as Ford, with so much at stake, would allow themselves to be duped in that fashion. To not do their due diligence in vetting Webasto’s capabilities, and to put all of their eggs in that basket is inexcusable. And consider this....if the MIC tops and the bottleneck they’ve created wasn’t such a star in this Kabuki Theater of failure, imagine how big a problem Ford would have with all of the other constraints (Lux, Sas, Tow, Safari bar, WT, and now Badlands I hear) would be.

Considering they have yet to really expend any of those assets in the building process, and the relatively minuscule number of builds scheduled in proportion to orders, all of these other constraints would be much more impactful. The MIC top issue might be a blessing in disguise for Ford as it causes a nice distraction to all of their other manufacturing issues.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is off the 4 door in the building at OR. You can see the electrical and washer conns with top off.
Here are a few more shots. The sockets on the interior appear to be dormant female connectors that keep the loose electrical and washer conns from flopping around when the hard top is removed.

Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 11648CA8-B8F4-4946-A876-2C61CF45F49C

Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 3964228E-CB15-43E8-B48D-978F37B34093

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s not shocking that a company would oversell their capabilities in order to win a contract. What is shocking to me is that a company as prominent as Ford, with so much at stake, would allow themselves to be duped in that fashion. To not do their due diligence in vetting Webasto’s capabilities, and to put all of their eggs in that basket is inexcusable. And consider this....if the MIC tops and the bottleneck they’ve created wasn’t such a star in this Kabuki Theater of failure, imagine how big a problem Ford would have with all of the other constraints (Lux, Sas, Tow, Safari bar, WT, and now Badlands I hear) would be.

Considering they have yet to really expend any of those assets in the building process, and the relatively minuscule number of builds scheduled in proportion to orders, all of these other constraints would be much more impactful. The MIC top issue might be a blessing in disguise for Ford as it causes a nice distraction to all of their other manufacturing issues.
To be fair Ford did have a relationship with Webasto prior to this on the eletrification side (charging stations). Not sure if they were doing other stuff but it’s not like this was a brand new relationship. Maybe it was for Webasto on tops but if other deals between them were good then I could understand why they might have thought things would be OK.

Not defending either of them but I can understand the business logic going into it.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are a few more shots. The sockets on the interior appear to be dormant female connectors that keep the loose electrical and washer conns from flopping around when the hard top is removed.

Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 3964228E-CB15-43E8-B48D-978F37B34093

Yes they are and I think it looks like crap. All the design that went into this thing and they do something amatureish like that. Instead of a hardshell cap and quick connect washer hose fitting, then tuck behind trim where it comes out, they pull that out of their rears. I’m sure there are two trim panels too, one with hard top, one without.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes they are and I think it looks like crap. All the design that went into this thing and they do something amatureish like that. Instead of a hardshell cap and quick connect washer hose fitting, then tuck behind trim where it comes out, they pull that out of their rears. I’m sure there are two trim panels too, one with hard top, one without.
More close-ups from a recent Bronco Nation video...

Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 AC1A545E-A19A-4598-9A17-6A8C72ECCE68

Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 A75B8527-A747-44BC-9F13-72D0F9026BCA

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoBillyBoy

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One of the biggest shit shows of all time with a vehicle launch. Granted, Covid created some unprecedented challenges but, the way it has been handled has been utter shit show. And I’m betting it’s more than supplier woes. This smacks of some form of design issue with the hard tops they’re trying to rectify. SMH Ford. You suck.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To be fair Ford did have a relationship with Webasto prior to this on the eletrification side (charging stations). Not sure if they were doing other stuff but it’s not like this was a brand new relationship. Maybe it was for Webasto on tops but if other deals between them were good then I could understand why they might have thought things would be OK.

Not defending either of them but I can understand the business logic going into it.
Fair enough, and accurate. I understand the hesitancy some may have do to their allegiance (not you sir....you are a stand up guy and we appreciate you) and sensitive nature of associations in calling out Ford for their responsibility in this failure, but I have no such allegiance.

Ford needs to be held accountable and to be told that they need to be better. Many company’s and entities operate under the circumstance that failure is not an option, with stakes much higher than an Off-road vehicle, and when they don’t succeed they admit their failures, own them and strive to be better.

That letter was insulting. It admitted they had a problem, that was some other entity’s fault, and that the resolution to that problem was for customers to order a product that they don’t want....without some form of compensation, compromise or specific answer going forward.

I stood in an Iraqi palace and listened to the Sec Def tell a soldier who had valid concerns about the war, that ....You go to war with the army that you have and not the army you would like to have. I found that true, but a bit insulting, because many of us were dying do to a lack of up armored vehicles and it didn’t acknowledge the governments responsibility to ensure we had the tools we needed to fully succeed and a vow to do better. I understand the disproportionate nature of this comparison, but I’m trying to relate a real life experience and struggle to find another comparable analogy from my own personal experience. I apologize to my fellow veterans in advance if I’ve gone too far in drawing that comparison.

To this point, Ford and those contacted by Ford have not done well enough and need to be better. Excuses are like.....well, you know the rest.

Last edited:

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford mentions "Unprecedented demand" in their email.

As in unprecedented meaning "Never done or known before"

I take that as meaning that Ford did not know their Bronco demand. So Ford underestimated Bronco demand by a lot. And then they under projected supplies needed - by a lot.

Even under non-pandemic conditions, suppliers only intended to supply the number of parts that Ford originally wanted. Which we know now is grossly short of what is needed to meet demand.

It's going to take a while to get enough supplies for the real demand.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I stand partially corrected. Looks like the washer line is a quick connect. Wonder if it has a check valve in the top line so you don’t get leaked on when it’s unhooked?
No leaks in my hand when I took this shot.

Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 20210508_091607

Ford Bronco 5/28 Bronco Production Update E-mail & Dealer Insight FAQ 📬 20210508_091602

BK1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, GMC At4, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And no 2.7L engine, Lux or Sasquatch Package, Badlands/Wildtrak, Safari Bar or Trailer Tow package. I believe that should do it.
well I guess at that point i might as well buy the jeep

G Watkins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Todays email.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 10.55.28 AM.jpg

More info/details posted by @flip

What about current scheduled orders: We have been told by our zone managers that if you currently have a VIN you are OK and the hard top issue should NOT affect you. Of course, this is not in writing but has been verbally confirmed by at least 2 reps.

What about FEs that haven’t been scheduled yet: Again, non-confirmed information is that a large chunk of these will be looked at next week when another round of scheduling happens. Not sure if it will be the balance of what’s left or just a portion.

Am I screwed if I’m a WT or 2 door: Neither the email nor associated FAQ address this question except for FE orders. There has been no information to say yes or no but several of us believe you may be hosed. I hope additional communication comes out to address this.

If I change tops will it get built: No, sort of. The FAQ plainly states you have a better chance of getting built if you have a 4 door, soft top and none of the restricted commodities. There is no guarantee changing these will get you built as dealer allocation and time stamp are still major factors.

Allocation: Ford states they intend to continue to schedule as many builds as they can within the production capacity and commodity constraints. We have heard they intend to fill dealer allocation numbers regardless if a customer walks away from the order or not. This could mean the dealer has a unit on the lot that they are free to sell. What it doesn’t mean is there is some sort of dirty deal between Ford and the dealers. If we tell Ford a customer wants the vehicle, they are going to build and ship it. Customer decides not to take delivery it’s still our problem.

Production: Ford is going to build as many units as possible but is likely to miss the targets they set at the beginning. There are no figures available to say how far short of the target they will be as several factors have impacted this.

What happens if you don’t get a ’21: No information has been provided to us yet to answer this. We assume they will have 2 more rounds of scheduling to fill out the ’21 model year. They may ask us to reconfirm ’22 model orders and make changes as needed. Nothing has been communicated related to time stamps, however we assume they will try to build ’22 models with consideration to commodity availability and time stamp.
I didn't get a email either way. I've been cut from the team 🤣
Sponsored