NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh thereā€™s no question there. A very capable cool looking turd, if this rollout is any indication of Fords capability. Pretty telling there is still no word on new Raptors or F150 Tremors either, while debuting a dog ugly ev truck for publicity.
Youā€™re still buying tho? šŸ¤£
Sponsored

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hardtop is so much nicer. It takes 10 min to take off and put on again. Cleaner quieter so much nicer inside. The soft top when down looks like a top from an old 80's vw convert.
The hard-top is nicer, but only because of the clean straight lines. Itā€™s definitely not more convenient. The only way youā€™re taking the hard top off by yourself in ā€œ10 minutes,ā€ is if you have a lift installed in your garage. And then if the weather gets bad, youā€™re forced to return home because you canā€™t bring the hard-top with you. Even on Jeeps, I much prefer a high quality soft top. It lets you go convertible at anytime, and you never have to worry about the weather.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I find it funny that people are bashing the quality and stuff yet months ago these are prob the same people that couldn't wait to get one. Funny how people can have such hatred when they don't get what they want. Don't get me wrong, ford screwed all this up but I bet if people bitching now get a vin next week they will be on here talking about how excited they are.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™m just spitballing here but say I was to put in an order for a 4 dr, soft top, base today would it at all be likely that it is built this year so I donā€™t have to drive my shitbox Ford Fusion to the mountains next ski season and then when the bronco I actually want... the 2 door black diamond finally shows up I can just off load the base for not that much of a hit. I would even concede and get the base with as an auto to appease to the resale market if it means I donā€™t have to risk my life putting on chains on the side of a snowy road

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After that email, I have a few questions that I have not yet seen asked. If these have already been asked or discussed, then please ignore me :)

1 - What happened to the modular top? That was the one initially seeing major delays and then pushed (I believe) to 2022. Are they from the same supplier? If not, is that supplier capable of taking over?

2 - Are we guaranteed the same pricing as when we placed our order? The last thing I want to hear about is new pricing structure because by then it will be a 2022 and the order must be resubmitted.

3 - These off-roadeos we hear so much about... Only 2 locations? Is it even possible to reserve a spot?

4 - TEST DRIVE!!! For god's sake, at least start letting people test drive them at the dealer travelling road show events, (and add more broncos to that rotation). I know the Bronco is going to be as acceptable a ride (if not better) than a comparable Jeep, but it sure would be nice to sit in one and get a feel for it while I wait.

5 - Soft top with hard top wiring. It's been mentioned many times, but really... why not wire them up for hardtops and get them out the door?

Ok, maybe more like rants rather than questions I guess.
1 . Probably Webasto and saw them unable to produce MIC which looks less labor intensive to make. May have abandoned it because it had fewer orders than MIC.
2. No guarantee but donā€™t be surprised if they come out with some sort of rebate for ā€˜21 folks. Ford pricing is one thing, your dealer honoring his pricing is another.
3. Texas is not busy according to my guys that just got back from there.
4. FCTP units will be out soon to drive at the dealers.
5. Ditto

Sponsored

GiddyUpThatPony

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hardtop is so much nicer. It takes 10 min to take off and put on again. Cleaner quieter so much nicer inside. The soft top when down looks like a top from an old 80's vw convert.
Iā€™m getting a 2 door. If I leave the house with the top on then later want to take it off, Iā€™m using up an awful lot of space in my truck just with the front sections. As a former TJ owner I know that the soft top will not be perfect but itā€™s the best compromise for me.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hard-top is nicer, but only because of the clean straight lines. Itā€™s definitely not more convenient. The only way youā€™re taking the hard top off by yourself in ā€œ10 minutes,ā€ is if you have a lift installed in your garage. And then if the weather gets bad, youā€™re forced to return home because you canā€™t bring the hard-top with you. Even on Jeeps, I much prefer a high quality soft top. It lets you go convertible at anytime, and you never have to worry about the weather.
Iā€™m speaking of my use of the JK hardtop Iā€™m assuming the Bronco is similar. The most time consuming part is the six bolts that come out.

If the top disappeared like modern convertibles Iā€™d agree. But they donā€™t and it looks awful. If the weather is questionable Iā€™d take t tops off with the hard top still on. In northern ca where it does not rain from May to November hardtop all day long!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only way youā€™re taking the hard top off by yourself in ā€œ10 minutes,ā€ is if you have a lift installed in your garage.
Doesn't everyone have a lift? Seems like it's almost a mandatory accessory. ;)

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh thereā€™s no question there. A very capable cool looking turd, if this rollout is any indication of Fords capability. Pretty telling there is still no word on new Raptors or F150 Tremors either, while debuting a dog ugly ev truck for publicity.
Long term quality is yet to be seen. I can say the quality of the Broncos we drove was superb. Not Lincoln but as good as the current F150s. Now that Iā€™ve said it Murphy will step in and take over.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you might be on the wrong forum here, homeslice.

Here, we talk about trucks, disappointment in cup holder size, rolling Jeeps over to read their badging, and the *FACT* that pineapple belongs on pizza. (yes, it's a fact.)

Yes, I mentioned pizza, in response to your mention of 'Agenda 21', Q told me that was a trigger word and that's how we're supposed to respond, wink wink.
I was just answering a question. I did not even mention trash the ccp out into our environment.....

Living in one of the most ā€œgreenā€ places on the planet Iā€™m surprised by how many lock themselves inside of their homes and cars. Windows up not wanting an once of the fresh oxygen and 85 degree sunshine. This went through my head every time I was out in my 12 Rubicon doors and top off loving the world! Thatā€™s why I ordered a Bronco!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can say the quality of the Broncos we drove was superb. Not Lincoln but as good as the current F150s
As someone who has never owned (nor has anyone in my family ever owned) FoMoCo products, would you say Lincolnā€™s are actually better ā€œqualityā€ than Ford? My outsiderā€™s perspective was that they were basically rebadged and slightly plusher Fordā€™s, but not necessarily that they were ā€œput togetherā€ any better.

Zeebo390

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Didnā€™t go through 51 pages of this thread to check...but with the top shortage are they wiring soft tops and hard tops the same now? Because I thought I saw somewhere that factory soft tops werenā€™t wired for the rear wiper. Would be crazy if customers paying $40-70k and foregoing a hardtop to cut this interminable delay would then have to go to the trouble of wiring it up if they buy one later.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone who has never owned (nor has anyone in my family ever owned) FoMoCo products, would you say Lincolnā€™s are actually better ā€œqualityā€ than Ford? My outsiderā€™s perspective was that they were basically rebadged and slightly plusher Fordā€™s, but not necessarily that they were ā€œput togetherā€ any better.
Lincoln is essentially a refined Ford. Better fit, finish and immenities. If you use Focus or Fiesta as the low bar, F150 would be the top. Now donā€™t take that as every Fiesta is junk and all F series are perfect. Iā€™m saying as a broad example F150s are the bread and butter Ford vehicle and where they invest the time to get them right. The day we had with the Broncos gave me that initial ā€œwowā€ impression. My demo right now is a FX4 Ranger XLT and it doesnā€™t hold a candle to the Bronco as far as comfort, ride or power. Even though Bronco is built off a modified Ranger platform, the Bronco was sooooo much nicer in every aspect. I am so convinced this will be the next F150 for Ford after we get past this cluster of a launch, all my sales people are going to off-roadeo. I donā€™t think itā€™s possible for my sales staff to fully appreciate how good these things are without going to Texas and doing the course. One caveat however, we did not take them out on the road for a highway drive but the suspension felt really nice so I canā€™t imagine they would suck to drive like a Jeep. I drove a used ā€˜19 4 door Jeep for about month so I had a like vehicle to compare the Bronco to. Let me say, Jeep is shit. Not trying to offend anyone that owns a Jeep but it doesnā€™t hold a candle to what I drove in Texas. Notā€¦.evenā€¦..close.
Sponsored

Last edited: