TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most businesses the size of Ford would be able to build their own factory to produce the hardtops in a matter of months.
That's sort of what they're doing - Ford is now heavily involved at the Webasto plant. But it isn't going to happen overnight. Ford is betting it takes less time and less $$ to fix Webasto's plant than to pivot and start from scratch on their own facility.
Sponsored

Landvalue

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks, with a 2023 on the way
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is great news! Thanks for the info.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi folks! Like most everyone else who is super bummed about no scheduled date on the horizon, I have been passing the days trying not to have my head filled with Bronco thoughts...and I don't want to give up on all the features that are delaying the scheduling either...so I went out and bought a Jeep to pass the time, and I can then sell it if/when my Bronco is born/delivered. I found a Rubicon Unlimited with super low miles on it...that should take my mind off Broncos for at least a few months...and the LJs seem to be holding their value...here is hoping!

Last edited:

Mike Zike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acadia Denali ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think if the dealership is allocated 10 Broncos and they have 12 orders instead of the dealership getting to sell it for profit if someone cancels, it should go to someone thats is under the allocations like number 11

Reactions: LMB

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think if the dealership is allocated 10 Broncos and they have 12 orders instead of the dealership getting to sell it for profit if someone cancels, it should go to someone thats is under the allocations like number 11
Can't really work that way. If someone cancels after a vin is issued or fails to take delivery it's going to be built according to that spec and delivered to that dealership. It's highly doubtful that "number 11" had the same spec, and they're not going to reship it to someone that did order that exact spec.

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Without reading all 52 pages, is it possible that Ford now thinks that Bronco is priced too low and trying to get as many to cancel as possible. Knowing they will probably re-order later at the new price. Or,, return all the deposits for the 21 and cancel the order due to conditions beyond their control. You can order a 22 at the new price. I really hope not.
Ford said they will honor the current price for any reservations/orders that are pushed to 2022. We can trust Ford to do what they promised, right?

ComeOnFord!

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Dodge King Ranch, '21 Lexus, '15 Mazda & more
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To add to my misery, my dealer told me today that any orders over the dealer allocation are going to be pushed off to a 2022 model. I was never told my dealer was taking more reservations and putting in more orders than their dealer allocation. My dealer has 40 for their allocation and I'm number 46. He swears up, down and sideways that I "might" still get a 2021 because Ford told them they're no longer going in reservation or order timestamp. I'm disappointed in the lack of solutions and lack of transparency. Had I known my dealer was placing orders beyond their 2021 dealer allocation, I would have purchased or leased something else last summer when I made my Bronco reservation. It would have at least made this ridiculous wait easier to swallow.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To add to my misery, my dealer told me today that any orders over the dealer allocation are going to be pushed off to a 2022 model. I was never told my dealer was taking more reservations and putting in more orders than their dealer allocation. My dealer has 40 for their allocation and I'm number 46. He swears up, down and sideways that I "might" still get a 2021 because Ford told them they're no longer going in reservation or order timestamp. I'm disappointed in the lack of solutions and lack of transparency. Had I known my dealer was placing orders beyond their 2021 dealer allocation, I would have purchased or leased something else last summer when I made my Bronco reservation. It would have at least made this ridiculous wait easier to swallow.
Dealers had to place orders beyond their allocations or their allocations would have been reduced. They didn't even know their allocation officially until after orders were in.

At 46, it will all depend on your build. Something without any/many constraints stands a good chance of being built this year. Something with a lot of constraints is much less likely.

ComeOnFord!

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Dodge King Ranch, '21 Lexus, '15 Mazda & more
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealers had to place orders beyond their allocations or their allocations would have been reduced. They didn't even know their allocation officially until after orders were in.

At 46, it will all depend on your build. Something without any/many constraints stands a good chance of being built this year. Something with a lot of constraints is much less likely.
And that is fine, business is business, but be upfront with your customer. He didn't tell me and wouldn't have until I asked him what his allocation was and what my number is. He has hundreds of orders over allocation and he has told exactly one person, me, because I asked. Not cool.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers took as many reservations as they could. Allocations were partially based on how many reservations the dealer got. So every dealer has "more reservations than actually 2021 allocations"

Sponsored

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I gave up a long time ago and leased a 2021 F150. Maybe when this lease is up in 2024 the Bronco will actually be available, with better options and colors.

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't been getting any of these emails. Literally the last email I got from Ford (aside from Lightning reservation) was my Bronco order confirmation in February.

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't been getting any of these emails. Literally the last email I got from Ford (aside from Lightning reservation) was my Bronco order confirmation in February.
Same, checked my spam and nothing.
Sponsored