First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Read the first post here and find the part where it talks about rail. READ IT ALL.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-are-the-bronco-build-tracking-links.22795/

Your dealer has the Rail car information. you need the letters and numbers. Ford will have it too, but why not talk to your salesperson? Ford isn't going to do anything for you. Your dealership will be getting your vehicle ready for you and likely will need to go through some loops on your behalf to do a price adjustment.

Trains derail. Vehicles get damaged by being put on and taken off the train. A number of people have been burned by selling their cars in anticipation of a delivery that never happens. Take the risk if you want, but there remains a significant risk that you will never receive your bronco.
I think 'significant' is being a little dramatic. And if it all went to hell I have 30k down payment on something else. There is also risk of keeping car. Someone could plow into me sitting at a red light or get hit by a train, and then end up not having anything at time Bronco arrived. Maybe insurance give me 20k. Everything is a risk,
Sponsored

BBBronco

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Read the first post here and find the part where it talks about rail. READ IT ALL.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-are-the-bronco-build-tracking-links.22795/

Your dealer has the Rail car information. you need the letters and numbers. Ford will have it too, but why not talk to your salesperson? Ford isn't going to do anything for you. Your dealership will be getting your vehicle ready for you and likely will need to go through some loops on your behalf to do a price adjustment.

Trains derail. Vehicles get damaged by being put on and taken off the train. A number of people have been burned by selling their cars in anticipation of a delivery that never happens. Take the risk if you want, but there remains a significant risk that you will never receive your bronco.
Thatā€™s a freight claim šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I deal with those daily

Deersanta21

Outer Banks
First Name
Slayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So does ASN mean itā€™s been assigned a freight car? If so, why wonā€™t it be to middle Tn until mid June?

anyone experiencing much faster delivery times than originally quoted? šŸ˜‚šŸ™

ThaSunn

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Mustang GT, 22' Jeep Cherokee, 22' BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Double check their terminology. ā€œCompletedā€ might be ā€œdeliveredā€
That's what im thinking. I know for sure that someone else was saying the same and that completed should have been delivered.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So does ASN mean itā€™s been assigned a freight car? If so, why wonā€™t it be to middle Tn until mid June?

anyone experiencing much faster delivery times than originally quoted? šŸ˜‚šŸ™
Google is your friend.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_ship_notice
An advance ship notice or advance shipping notice (ASN) is a notification of pending and upcoming deliveries matched to the prior provided packing list. It is usually sent in an electronic format and is a common EDI document. In the EDI X12 system, it is known as the EDI 856 document and the EDIFACT equivalent is the DESADV (Dispatch Advice) message. The ASN can be used to list the contents of a shipment of goods as well as additional information relating to the shipment, such as order information, product description, physical characteristics, type of packaging, markings, carrier information, and configuration of goods within the transportation equipment. The ASN enables the sender to describe the contents and configuration of a shipment in various levels of detail and provides an ordered flexibility to convey information.[1]

The ASN is noteworthy in the way that it is a new concept in logistics, enabled by the advance of modern communication methods. Although it provides information similar to the Bill of lading, its function is very different. While the Bill of lading is meant to accompany a load on its path, the goal of the ASN is to provide information to the destination's receiving operations well in advance of the delivery. This tends to impact the logistics stream in three areas: cost, accuracy, and flexibility.[2]

carmantakes

Base
First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope not. The ā€œestimated completion between June 14-20ā€ is what worries me. Other thing, I havenā€™t seen anyone else post saying this has happened to them. Guess Iā€™m just that lucky! Ha!
did you check with ford chat?

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Still no modules for my 5/13 build as of Sunday morning. Guess I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Nelson Negron

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

angkho

Black Diamond
First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I know this may seem obvious (and it likely is) but after reading about all the broncos affected by the chip shortage, if I received a ā€œbuilt emailā€ and awaiting shipment (est arrival 6/5-6/12) on Friday, would you think itā€™s safe to say itā€™s ACTUALLY built and not stuck in that purgatory waiting for the chip? Blend date 5/11, mods & tear tag 5/12, built email 5/13.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I know this may seem obvious (and it likely is) but after reading about all the broncos affected by the chip shortage, if I received a ā€œbuilt emailā€ and awaiting shipment (est arrival 6/5-6/12) on Friday, would you think itā€™s safe to say itā€™s ACTUALLY built and not stuck in that purgatory waiting for the chip? Blend date 5/11, mods & tear tag 5/12, built email 5/13.
Anything can happen, but it does seem likely that you passed the constraint gauntlet. The only thing that might get in the way now is QA checks. QA checks are when they pull a completed bronco and go over it to look for and correct issues. I've seen people report delays of 3 to up to 10 days on what appears to be QA checks.
Sponsored