DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in a state that requires a front plate and I don't want to deal with the potential hassle of running with no front plate. I will likely be replacing the front bumper so I didn't want to invest in anything permanent. My solution was to take the factory front license plate mount (not installed at my request) and make it work.

I have the capable bumper and if you flip the plate holder over, you can hook it on the bumper. I drilled 4 holes in the plate surface to run zip ties through and there are some small channels in the capable bumper that allowed me to pass the zip ties through and secure. The last step was to drill holes in the long cylinders of the factory plate mount and use 5$ of parts from the hardware store to extend the cylinders and get the angle I wanted. I purchased 2 threaded stopper things, 2 nylon spacers and 2 screws.

Good enough for a temporary solution.

Ford Bronco 5$ Front License Plate Mount quarter view
Ford Bronco 5$ Front License Plate Mount plate to
Ford Bronco 5$ Front License Plate Mount plate front
Ford Bronco 5$ Front License Plate Mount plate side
Sponsored

Last edited:

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine is a 2 plate state (Virginia) as well. I told the dealer no front plate bracket installation and have been riding around for 6 months now without a front plate. I have the 2nd plate in the back of the vehicle if I'm ever pulled. Years ago I had a car without a front plate bracket and was pulled one time. It was just an excuse to pull me over since I was in a bad part of town with lots of drug deals going on. No ticket when I showed the plate. I'm not sweating it.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can't use zip ties out here. The weather eats them. mine might become another layer if skid plate.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in a state that requires a front plate and I don't want to deal with the potential hassle of running with no front plate. I will likely be replacing the front bumper so I didn't want to invest in anything permanent. My solution was to take the factory front license plate mount (not installed at my request) and make it work.

I have the capable bumper and if you flip the plate holder over, you can hook it on the bumper. I drilled 4 holes in the plate surface to run zip ties through and there are some small channels in the capable bumper that allowed me to pass the zip ties through and secure. The last step was to drill holes in the long cylinders of the factory plate mount and use 5$ of parts from the hardware store to extend the cylinders and get the angle I wanted. I purchased 2 threaded stopper things, 2 nylon spacers and 2 screws.

Good enough for a temporary solution.

Do you have adaptive cruise? Does it effect how that works?

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for this perfect solution to the front plate. It worked out great for my new BD and it only cost me $3.60 for the long zip ties. Great hack!!
Sponsored

Reactions: DJ1