Sponsored

5" lift, 37" nittos, highway speed is scary.....

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because I couldn’t find a 10”……. But seriously, do you have anything constructive to add?
Yes, your mall cruiser is amazing. Keep up the good work.
Sponsored

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, your mall cruiser is amazing. Keep up the good work.
You bastard!

I read your comment and lol’d so much that coffee flew out my nose and mouth!!!!

Best comment ever.

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With a 5" lift and 37" tires, it'll be something you have to live with. I have 2.5" lift with 35" and going 80 mph you start to feel it, but I don't drive fast on the freeway. 65-70 mph is the sweet spot for me to cruise.

cjindna

Base
First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door 2.3l 10spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
Post your alignment print out, would be great to see where the dealer set it up at

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

By running such a large wheel size you have lost the typical larger (taller) sidewalls that provide a more compliant ride. Test out a set of 37x17's and see how it drives.
And the center line of that wheel is 2" outside of the OEM wheels so that's going to make it want to yank the steering wheel on big bumps. Yuck.

JJBadlands

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I must admit I was scared to see it but after the pic you posted of your bronco...I've seen much worse looking broncos. I do like the graphic.

Your wheels look good but should be smaller with larger sidewall on tires. *This would help improve your situation. Your wheels hub bore may also not be the right design for your bronco.

Are you using spacers via lift or wheels?

Many have also complained about ride quality on Nitto low profile offroad style tires (all terrain, mud, ridge grappler etc).

For what its worth. My friend and I have cruised smoothly at 100mph in his 6th gen bronco. He has a 4 door with 3 inch lift via 2.5 diameter coilovers, front upper control arms, rear track bar on maxxis trepador 37 inch tires mounted to 17x12.5 wheels. *Zero issues at speed. So good you almost forget its lifted on 37s. We even hit a million pot holes on I40 going 70-90mph in AZ and his bronco handled em like a champ.

Whatever it is, you Will have to change one or all of the aftermarket products you added to get the ride you're looking for--which is not cheap or fun.

Also remember to recalibrate your speedometer to compensate for the 37s via Forscan or some members use Hypertech Odometer.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Backwater

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC duramax
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
By running such a large wheel size you have lost the typical larger (taller) sidewalls that provide a more compliant ride. Test out a set of 37x17's and see how it drives.
Not the case. See photo.

8D56368E-90FF-4903-A6FE-8A8A38FAC58A.jpeg

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So from my experience rough country does not make good riding products in that size. At 5" you are going to want to go full coilovers or a better suspension lift like the products from Fox, Bilstein, ect. Rough country is ballin on a budget and will not usually handle well (especially not off road). Maybe swap it out for a better quality lift kit and the ride will be better. Had 6" BDS lift kit with Fox 2.0 coilovers and 37's on my truck and it rode like a dream. Felt like I was on a cloud but in a good way. Went over train tracks at 80MPH and didn't feel a thing

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Way you describe the problem it sounds like the castor is out of spec. Tires out of balance could be another contributo but If your castor is off it will chase the road and have light steering especially at high speeds.

Sponsored

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I changed the tires on my car from a 195/75/R14 to a 235/35/R19, the overall diameter stayed exactly the same, but my car wanders all over the poor-condition roads (I'm sure Utah's roads are better than Michigan's).

It's called tramlining, and the larger-diameter wheels, along with suspension changes can have an impact.

Tire Rack has a good article on it here you may want to check out: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=47

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got the RC 5" lift, and 37" nittos installed on my OBX. When driving at highway speeds (70-80mph) the vehicle is very unstable. If I hit a pothole, semi rut, patch, etc. in the road, I better have both hands on the wheel or else it gets very squirrelly. Not quite a death wobble, but it's close.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any solutions?
Ford Bronco 5" lift, 37" nittos, highway speed is scary..... 1661264748002

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What nitto’s? I run a 3.5” lift on nitto terra grappler G2 37/12.50/17. We are on the last 600 miles of a 2200 mile Road trip. They have been fantastic. Quiet smoother at 72+mph. My guess is the alignment was not done properly.
Sponsored