Sponsored

5 small things I’ve found out about my Bronco.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We took a trip to Colorado to take a break from the heat of Texas. The trip was amazing and the Bronco is awesome but there are a few issues.

1. As someone posted MGV seats have a big drawback. After a few hours of driving I stopped to get gas and as I got out I felt my butts was wet. After thinking I spilled a drink or something, I realized it was “Butt sweat” 🥴. Seats are very comfortable just don’t breathe.
2. Lane keep is worthless. My wife’s vehicle has lane centering and that’s awesome for long trips. Lane keep 👎👎
3. Folding back seat down stops you from laying front seats back. The back seats in the Bronco are definitely an after-though. When folded down the floor isn’t flat and the bottom folds forward to get in the way of the rear. And they don’t remove easily for more space (like just pop out with a clip).
3. Bugs on windshield. I know, I know, it’s an upright windshield. I would just recommend getting the hood deflector when ordering the Bronco. Put one on after the trip, it make a huge difference.
4. Having to have rear door open ALL THE WAY to open glass. Even if the glass would clear the tire, the seal won’t let it open. Sucks when I’m tight spaces.
5. And last but definitely not least. What F’ed up cheap bean counter picked what wireless charger Ford uses. As most know, it’s useable andI’m sure bad for the phone.

Other than a few things, love the Bronco.
If y’all can think of something else, please post.
6DFE7B75-5002-4B74-BA23-972C1E1DA2BA.jpeg
1. I'm still beating the drum for beaded seat covers. They work. Angle one vent at your nethers and the cool air will circulate through the beads.
2. Increase the sensitivity to max. Works a bit better for drifting out of your lane but it's still not lane centering.
3. Yeah the bugs can be bad. I have had a bee wedged between the glass and frame for a month that the car wash can't get out. Still, I'll endure bug guts before putting that eyesore deflector on. @66GT found a sweet little travel squeegee that should probably be in every Bronco.
4. Wait til you have a hitch basket or trailer that prevents you from opening the gate all the way. Extra annoying. I just get used to ducking under, especially after I put the Bestop on.
5. I opted out of Lux but look up the hacks guys are doing to put stronger wireless chargers in it's place. Personally I'm going to find a phone holder/charger that hangs it over a vent because my phone won't charge for shit once it starts getting warm.

Last edited:

BQH2010

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma nightshade 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I second the wireless charger comment. The amount of heat it generates in the phone is tremendous. So much so I can't use it when I have the top off because without the cool ambient air from the AC my phone goes into heat protection mode.

On top of that, if I'm using Android Audio (which is all of the time), the charger doesn't even keep up with battery usage. On long trips my phone will die.

I have an S22 so it's definitely not an old crappy phone issue.
Every wireless phone charger I've ever used has generated a lot of heat...however, much less if I take the case off the phone. Heck, charging my Samsung Watch (3) off my phone generates a ton of heat unless I take the case off my phone (then it still generates heat, just not as much).

That said, I'd rather plug my phone in, in a holder so I know it isn't going anywhere anyway...

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m in southern Maine and I do notice some interference from tree cover but I have XM in 2 Subarus and a Ram that all work perfectly. It’s something unique to the Bronco.
My F150 wasnt great in certain spots in southern maine. now I just stream amazon music via bluethooth and its much better (except when I go to remote trailheads to hike since I usually don't have cell service but I can use offline mode and listen to whatever playlists I have downloaded to my phone...
So I guess none of this is a dealbreaker for me if/when I ever get my Bronco.

Sponsored

Rootdog

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, the XM isn’t a big deal, I probably was going to drop the service at the end of the trial period but it’s just surprising how bad it is compared to my other vehicles. Maybe location of the antenna on the bronco. No biggie tho, still loving the Bronco! Hope you get yours soon

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every wireless phone charger I've ever used has generated a lot of heat...however, much less if I take the case off the phone. Heck, charging my Samsung Watch (3) off my phone generates a ton of heat unless I take the case off my phone (then it still generates heat, just not as much).

That said, I'd rather plug my phone in, in a holder so I know it isn't going anywhere anyway...
Right there with ya, I put my phone on a 67D magmount3, its solid. I'd say the majority of the time I just put it there and just use it without any kind of charging at all. If it needs charging, I have a cable dedicated and routed to the same spot that i plug in. I debated wiring it all up for their magsafe solution so I could get charged at the same time, but I was skeptical the magsafe version could handle off-road work.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. I'm still beating the drum for beaded seat covers. They work. Angle one vent at your nethers and the cool air will circulate through the beads.
2. Increase the sensitivity to max. Works a bit better for drifting out of your lane but it's still not lane centering.
3. Yeah the bugs can be bad. I have had a bee wedged between the glass and frame for a month that the car wash can't get out. Still, I'll endure bug guts before putting that eyesore deflector on. @66GT found a sweet little travel squeegee that should probably be in every Bronco.
4. Wait til you have a hitch basket or trailer that prevents you from opening the gate all the way. Extra annoying. I just get used to ducking under, especially after I put the Bestop on.
5. I opted out of Lux but look up the hacks guys are doing to put stronger wireless chargers in it's place. Personally I'm going to find a phone holder/charger that hangs it over a vent because my phone won't charge for shit once it starts getting warm.
Cheapest 5-star hack you will find... $5 at Walmart. Folds up and stores under the driver's seat.

Ford Bronco 5 small things I’ve found out about my Bronco. s-l1600

Ford Bronco 5 small things I’ve found out about my Bronco. 8136i51gGCL._AC_SL1500_

Ford Bronco 5 small things I’ve found out about my Bronco. images (22)

I use it with the same mix I use to wet-install vinyl graphics. 90% water, 10% rubbing alcohol, a few drops of dishwashing liquid. Gets bugs off. Evaporates and dries quickly.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My XM radio signal is so bad I can’t listen to it. Cuts out constantly. That’s my only complaint
Agree 💯. Putting the antenna under the MIC top (2dr) probably not the optimal solution for reception. Thanks, Ford. Can anyone attest to whether it works any better with the top off?

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saturday it was like 98 with a heat index of 112, a few weeks ago it was 110 with a heat index of "Hell: Lake of Fire". I can't imagine how people live in Texas during the summer, it's bad enough here.
Me:

Couldn't really find one that adequately conveys the mgv butt sweat. I don't understand how some people have no issue with it at all in very hot/humid climates.

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The first time I enabled it on my Lincoln, it saw me getting close to the edge of the lane and sent me swerving towards the semi truck that I was trying to give a little extra space. Turned it off.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The first time I enabled it on my Lincoln, it saw me getting close to the edge of the lane and sent me swerving towards the semi truck that I was trying to give a little extra space. Turned it off.
I'm with you on that stuff. pay attention to the road and drive your vehicle. Yikes!!

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with your swamp-ass complaint as well, partially.

With the MGV, it's washdown, you're gonna have to deal with it not being breathable, that's the trade-off.

The bigger issue is not having a cooled seat option at all. There is no reason (other than being cheap with the design) to not include cooled seats with the leather. 100% an oversite, 100%.

I've had one of the mesh sun shades (got it and put it on this spring before I was going topless). With the shade, the seats are ok after the Bronco has been sitting (still get swamp-ass driving, but you can actually sit in the them). I took the sun shade off this weekend so we could do some filming with my Bronco and a drone. It was unbearably hot to sit in the seats after they've been exposed to direct sunlight for any amount of time.

When a company designs a topless vehicle they should send it to Kansas topless in the middle of August for testing. Saturday it was like 98 with a heat index of 112, a few weeks ago it was 110 with a heat index of "Hell: Lake of Fire". I can't imagine how people live in Texas during the summer, it's bad enough here.

Not having cooled seats is similarly limited by the washdown convenience. Cooled, or ventilated as they are currently called, seat require holes to let the air flow. Not exactly conducive to washdown.

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As far as lane keep…it’s adjustable. You can make it more aggressive, and then it works really, really well. Out of the box it’s too weak, I agree.
Mine arrived with the lane keep OFF
Sponsored