Sponsored

5 small things I’ve found out about my Bronco.

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3. Don’t like the look of a deflector, but yeah. Bugs and rock protection is a big deal.
On my EG, it blends in. It would depend on the color for sure.
Can you list 5 positive things you've found out as well?
Bro, there are way more than 5!!
The software is there too as it has been unlocked in Forscan but not shared yet.
More info please……
Cheapest 5-star hack you will find... $5 at Walmart. Folds up and stores under the driver's.
I have the same thing.
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not having cooled seats is similarly limited by the washdown convenience. Cooled, or ventilated as they are currently called, seat require holes to let the air flow. Not exactly conducive to washdown.
Ya that's what I said. The leather is NOT washdown, the option comes with carpet floors. Why didn't they have cooled seats in that option?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not able to control music and volume together on the right side of the steering wheel. Lack of steering wheel audio scroll, not presets, on the right side of the steering wheel. I will say that is 2 things gm got right.

Think that’s my biggest gripe.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My XM radio signal is so bad I can’t listen to it. Cuts out constantly. That’s my only complaint
The bronco probably has the worst reception under moderate tree cover of any vehicle I've driven but it's good enough to keep paying $6/mo. The 4 door has a TSB about rotating the antenna if poor reception is noted.

It probably wouldn't be hard to adapt another antenna to the hard top with an RF connector of some sort but it hasn't been enough of a issue to bother looking into it.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bronco probably has the worst reception under moderate tree cover of any vehicle I've driven but it's good enough to keep paying $6/mo. The 4 door has a TSB about rotating the antenna if poor reception is noted.

It probably wouldn't be hard to adapt another antenna to the hard top with an RF connector of some sort but it hasn't been enough of a issue to bother looking into it.
Is that just a 4 door only issue? I was actually impressed with mine. It even works in the garage. First vehicle that’s done that. It will go intermittent if under the garage door though.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is that just a 4 door only issue? I was actually impressed with mine. It even works in the garage. First vehicle that’s done that. It will go intermittent if under the garage door though.
The TSB was only for 4 doors and it didn't affect all of them. It's around here somewhere if mordor folks are having trouble.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in southern Maine and I do notice some interference from tree cover but I have XM in 2 Subarus and a Ram that all work perfectly. It’s something unique to the Bronco.
Other side of the US in Portland, OR, and I see the same thing. Dropouts in my Bronco where my Subaru has perfect reception. Total PITA.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
5. I opted out of Lux but look up the hacks guys are doing to put stronger wireless chargers in it's place. Personally I'm going to find a phone holder/charger that hangs it over a vent because my phone won't charge for shit once it starts getting warm.
Yeah, its crazy how quickly the phone gets hot up on the dashboard if you use the 1/4-20 mounting hole. I love the position up there but 20 min on a hot sunny day and my iPhone shuts down. Been using a vent mount on the right side of the center console, but then the problem is I cannot see the screen. The vent mount on the left side of the center console is visually blocked by the steering wheel :(

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to pay attention to where I am on the highway while I'm driving. The Horror!!!
I get that. The reason I like it is simple, I have a 9 hour drive to work (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off). If you have ever spent time driving with "good" driver assistants then you realize how much of a difference it makes. My wife and I take her car to Alabama to visit the grandkids and it's a 6+ hour drive. Her car has a really good lane centering. I can drive the whole way and have little to know fatigue. It's driver "assist" and it make a difference. I know a lot think it will make lazy or distracted drivers worse, but it can make it actually safer. Someone who is going to text or mess with phone while driving, is going to do it no matter what. For those drivers, it help keep them from hurting others. For drivers like me, and it sounds like you, it makes us even safer. Spend a 6-10 drive in a car with good lane centering and you will see what I'm talking about.

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just for another datapoint, my Sirius only cuts out when going under overpasses or in parking garages. I don’t notice any difference between it and the performance of Sirius I had on my Edge or Bronco sport.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get that. The reason I like it is simple, I have a 9 hour drive to work (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off). If you have ever spent time driving with "good" driver assistants then you realize how much of a difference it makes. My wife and I take her car to Alabama to visit the grandkids and it's a 6+ hour drive. Her car has a really good lane centering. I can drive the whole way and have little to know fatigue. It's driver "assist" and it make a difference. I know a lot think it will make lazy or distracted drivers worse, but it can make it actually safer. Someone who is going to text or mess with phone while driving, is going to do it no matter what. For those drivers, it help keep them from hurting others. For drivers like me, and it sounds like you, it makes us even safer. Spend a 6-10 drive in a car with good lane centering and you will see what I'm talking about.
Agreed. It was amazing how much less driver fatigue I experienced with the bronco sport that has lane centering and stop and go intelligent cruise.

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed. It was amazing how much less driver fatigue I experienced with the bronco sport that has lane centering and stop and go intelligent cruise.
I'm sure it's the same system in my wifes Lincoln, and if they add it to the Bronco, I'll trade mine in on a 2023.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How far North in Maine are you and how many trees are lining the streets. Being so far north in Latitude, and the satellites tidally locked at the equator, you will have tough reception. I feel your pain being in north central Montana. Alaska has the luxury of terrestrial repeaters in some spots. Wish we had them at the US/CAN border
My Bronco is awful, my Focus is fine, I'm near Bangor.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately cooled seats would require the leather be perforated, which is harder to keep clean if you get caught tops-off in a dirty situation. Heat doesn't get as hot either.

I like how there's a "wireless charging" indicator on the touchscreen so you know it's at least working.

I hate how Nav will default to the top-down view if you're in a parking lot because it thinks you're offroad.

I hate how stuttery the animations are on the instrument cluster. A midrange smartphone from 2015 can play GTA: San Andreas, but a brand new car can't move a 2D object smoothly?

I wish we should get the details on enabling lane-centering and stop-and-go. The features are great for the 99% of the time I'm *not* offroading. Power adjustable pedals would be nice, since Ford is usually more generous about equipping that compared to GM
Sponsored