Sponsored

5 small things I’ve found out about my Bronco.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Automatic high beam dimming! Just discovered after 4 months.
Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Automatic high beam dimming! Just discovered after 4 months.
I almost always default to on or off but succumbed to the vehicle defaulting to automatic and took me awhile to discover it as well. I'd much rather control my own lights however.

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We took a trip to Colorado to take a break from the heat of Texas. The trip was amazing and the Bronco is awesome but there are a few issues.

1. As someone posted MGV seats have a big drawback. After a few hours of driving I stopped to get gas and as I got out I felt my butts was wet. After thinking I spilled a drink or something, I realized it was “Butt sweat” 🥴. Seats are very comfortable just don’t breathe.
2. Lane keep is worthless. My wife’s vehicle has lane centering and that’s awesome for long trips. Lane keep 👎👎
3. Folding back seat down stops you from laying front seats back. The back seats in the Bronco are definitely an after-though. When folded down the floor isn’t flat and the bottom folds forward to get in the way of the rear. And they don’t remove easily for more space (like just pop out with a clip).
3. Bugs on windshield. I know, I know, it’s an upright windshield. I would just recommend getting the hood deflector when ordering the Bronco. Put one on after the trip, it make a huge difference.
4. Having to have rear door open ALL THE WAY to open glass. Even if the glass would clear the tire, the seal won’t let it open. Sucks when I’m tight spaces.
5. And last but definitely not least. What F’ed up cheap bean counter picked what wireless charger Ford uses. As most know, it’s useable andI’m sure bad for the phone.

Other than a few things, love the Bronco.
If y’all can think of something else, please post.
6DFE7B75-5002-4B74-BA23-972C1E1DA2BA.jpeg
Seat belts are not adjustable up and down. I’m 6’ and if I lean left towards the door it comes across my neck. Could’ve easily been made to adjust up and down. #FAIL

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As far as lane keep…it’s adjustable. You can make it more aggressive, and then it works really, really well. Out of the box it’s too weak, I agree.
How do you adjust it?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have touched on a big one for me. How the hell do you go from CarPlay to the radio? Can’t figure it out! 😩
Get to then CarPlay screen with all the icons. There will be a ford icon labeled sync. That will get you back to the standard ford sync screen, then you can touch the audio icon and switch source to fm.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as lane keep…it’s adjustable. You can make it more aggressive, and then it works really, really well. Out of the box it’s too weak, I agree.
I thought adjusts the vibration to let you know your near or going over, not how aggressively it steers back in to the lane…
Will have to rest it out.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We took a trip to Colorado to take a break from the heat of Texas. The trip was amazing and the Bronco is awesome but there are a few issues.

1. As someone posted MGV seats have a big drawback. After a few hours of driving I stopped to get gas and as I got out I felt my butts was wet. After thinking I spilled a drink or something, I realized it was “Butt sweat” 🥴. Seats are very comfortable just don’t breathe.
2. Lane keep is worthless. My wife’s vehicle has lane centering and that’s awesome for long trips. Lane keep 👎👎
3. Folding back seat down stops you from laying front seats back. The back seats in the Bronco are definitely an after-though. When folded down the floor isn’t flat and the bottom folds forward to get in the way of the rear. And they don’t remove easily for more space (like just pop out with a clip).
3. Bugs on windshield. I know, I know, it’s an upright windshield. I would just recommend getting the hood deflector when ordering the Bronco. Put one on after the trip, it make a huge difference.
4. Having to have rear door open ALL THE WAY to open glass. Even if the glass would clear the tire, the seal won’t let it open. Sucks when I’m tight spaces.
5. And last but definitely not least. What F’ed up cheap bean counter picked what wireless charger Ford uses. As most know, it’s useable andI’m sure bad for the phone.

Other than a few things, love the Bronco.
If y’all can think of something else, please post.
I did think of one other thing, no rain gutters, so water floods in when you roll down a window or open the door when wet!

As to your points, I had some thoughts as well.

1. I couldn't be happier than I am with roast cloth seat material in the OBX, if I need to off-road in the muck, then I will find some seat covers... but daily, these are the best seat in any Bronco trim at this point... although I will concede that the leather looks better. I spend nearly 12 hours every weekend (6 hour stints) in the Bronco, and the seats make a HUGE difference in my comfort. I might add, that 9/10 times - Leather would be my #1 choice, but in the case of the OBX, the cloth seats are where it's at!

2. I don't particularly like lane keep assist to begin with, but without lane centering (aka drunk driving assist), it's worthless. By contrast, the adaptive cruise control is rather good, possibly one of the best that I have used to date.

3. The back seats... 100% agree!!! WTF Ford. They don't lay flat and they take up entirely too much room when folded. At least they are comfortable for rear seat passengers, my girlfriends daughter has never complained (to be fair, she's mute), but she always seems happy and comfortable back there and even has a good view from the back when we play movies on the extra display.

4. The tailgate glass is a minor inconvenience, you solved it pretty easily by removing the top. ;)

5. LMFAO, that wireless charger, OMG, it's best use is to anneal your cell phone or start a lithium ion battery fire!

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1. Yup. First time wife got out on our trip she asked why her butt was wet. ”it’s the vinyl babe” Going to look on to a cooling ass-pad.

2. Was hoping it would be better. Still ok as I’m definitely a drifter on long drives, but it doesn’t soft correct like a lane centering system. Bummer.

3. Don’t like the look of a deflector, but yeah. Bugs and rock protection is a big deal.
The Aeroskin II deflector is subtle, but less effective... It's not on the left Bronco, and on the right one.

Ford Bronco 5 small things I’ve found out about my Bronco. 20211202_152037

It's definitely helping a little, but still get lots of bugs at 75-80 MPH

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Aeroskin II deflector is subtle, but less effective... It's not on the left Bronco, and on the right one.

Ford Bronco 5 small things I’ve found out about my Bronco. 20211202_152037

It's definitely helping a little, but still get lots of bugs at 75-80 MPH
I’d put that on a dark colored Bronco in a heartbeat. Fits in perfectly on your photo. For cactus gray I’d almost need something matching for it to not stick out horribly.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’d put that on a dark colored Bronco in a heartbeat. Fits in perfectly on your photo. For cactus gray I’d almost need something matching for it to not stick out horribly.
Probably could paint one and then clear coat it for some durability.

There were a lot of reasons that I went with Carbonized Gray, but worrying about the deflector color wasn't one of them... So I feel like I got lucky with the accessories blending in so well and the RTR rims looking bang on in Satin Charcoal.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. I'm still beating the drum for beaded seat covers. They work. Angle one vent at your nethers and the cool air will circulate through the beads.
2. Increase the sensitivity to max. Works a bit better for drifting out of your lane but it's still not lane centering.
3. Yeah the bugs can be bad. I have had a bee wedged between the glass and frame for a month that the car wash can't get out. Still, I'll endure bug guts before putting that eyesore deflector on. @66GT found a sweet little travel squeegee that should probably be in every Bronco.
4. Wait til you have a hitch basket or trailer that prevents you from opening the gate all the way. Extra annoying. I just get used to ducking under, especially after I put the Bestop on.
5. I opted out of Lux but look up the hacks guys are doing to put stronger wireless chargers in it's place. Personally I'm going to find a phone holder/charger that hangs it over a vent because my phone won't charge for shit once it starts getting warm.
Where do you find these hacks for swapping out the wireless charger? I posted asking about such a thing and got no response.

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Works great with top off!
My XM radio signal is so bad I can’t listen to it. Cuts out constantly. That’s my only complaint
[/QUOTE
Sponsored