Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided to not do a 5-tire rotation. I'll treat it like a spare in my other vehicles...I don't rotate those spares either. Sure, I'll lose a little life, not I'll only buy 4 new tires instead of 5 down the road.
If you aren't rotating the spare I would definitely get a tire cover for it. Exposure to constant UV will make it start to dry rot after a few years.
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't read the whole thread, so it's probably been mentioned, but they were trying to rip you off and would have charged you a ton for work that wasn't performed. REPORT THIS SERVICE DEPARTMENT TO FORD, though I doubt they will do anything.

I did 5 wheel rotations on my Jeep, no issues.

And I already had a flat in my Bronco and had to put the spare in place, and guess what? The TPMS picked up the new wheel with no problem.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I decided to not do a 5-tire rotation. I'll treat it like a spare in my other vehicles...I don't rotate those spares either. Sure, I'll lose a little life, not I'll only buy 4 new tires instead of 5 down the road.
I go one better. I don’t rotate my tires at all. Unless one gets them rotated for free or does it themselves it costs anywhere from $25-$50 to rotate. If you rotate every 10K miles , by the time you reach 50K one has spent at a minimum $125 and maybe $250. That money could have been applied to a new tire purchase. What usually occurs is one or more of the tires suffer a non repairable puncture during their usage and have to be replaced. Unless the tire maker gives road hazard for free, it would be more cost effective to use the rotation money for road hazard insurance. I have the ability to rotate my tires myself, but after years of observation on my vehicles I came to the conclusion it isn’t a value. Just my take.

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to my dealer this morning for my first oil change AND tire rotation. I told the service department rep that I would like ALL 5 TIRES ROTATED. She couldn't understand and called over another employee. The guy told me that NO ONE rotates 5 tires and you cannot do that. I showed them the 5 tire rotation for 4WD vehicles diagram below. After much huffing & puffing they agreed to do the rotation according to my diagram.

I was called back from the waiting area 20 minutes later and confronted by the service manager surrounded by his minions. He informed me that the spare does NOT contain a TPMS sensor. I could rotate the spare, but the vehicle would not display it's pressure AND I would have a constant tire warning light. They explained I could buy a sensor, have it installed which would be expensive now and every time I rotated the tires. I caved and said just do the 4 tire rotation.

THE FACTS: Bronco spare (5th) wheels DO HAVE TPMS sensors!

I found the FORD video below while in the waiting room that clearly states 1.11 into the video that "The spare tire on your Bronco also has a TPMS sensor". I went back to service and grabbed the one guy who seemed to have a brain and showed him the Ford video. He smiled and lit up and we agreed the guys in the garage would test the spare to see if they got a TPMS reading. 15 minutes later he comes up to me and says 'we can do the 5 tire rotation' I wanted. They easily found the sensor reading inside the spare. He apologized for their mistake.

Question everything!

Curious: For your Bronco, do you guys 1) rotate 5 tires 2) rotate 4 tires 3) do not rotate

Screenshot_20230103-094659.png
That’s today’s professional society being lazy as programmed

Sponsored

Tanman

Black Diamond
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond 2022 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got my wheels and tires at Discount tire. Assistant manager was the person who helped me when I bought everything and personally supervised both times they did my 5 tire rotation. Have not had a single issue getting it done correctly.

20220611_092132.jpg

Tanman

Black Diamond
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond 2022 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I go one better. I don’t rotate my tires at all. Unless one gets them rotated for free or does it themselves it costs anywhere from $25-$50 to rotate. If you rotate every 10K miles , by the time you reach 50K one has spent at a minimum $125 and maybe $250. That money could have been applied to a new tire purchase. What usually occurs is one or more of the tires suffer a non repairable puncture during their usage and have to be replaced. Unless the tire maker gives road hazard for free, it would be more cost effective to use the rotation money for road hazard insurance. I have the ability to rotate my tires myself, but after years of observation on my vehicles I came to the conclusion it isn’t a value. Just my take.
Mine are rotated and balanced for free everytime. You running factory wheels and tires?

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And I already had a flat in my Bronco and had to put the spare in place, and guess what? The TPMS picked up the new wheel with no problem.
I stumbled over this post after changing a leaking Sasquatch tire. Thanks - you answered my question about TPMS being automatic. I had an older car that required a ‘process’ to relearn TPMS.
I am not as young as I used to be and I can tell you this much, that tire is f heavy, not so bad at the axle hub change, but getting the SAS tire/wheel back up on the spare carrier almost requires that you need a real Sasquatch to pick it up! I can pick up the tire (barely)but was afraid I’d whack the camera with the jerk and lift motion. I put it on a folding table and eased it over the lugs ok. Not sure what I would do on a trail if I was by myself, I’ll have to remember to throw a table in the back, ha…

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did my first 5 tire rotation today.I also checked and rebalanced 4 out of the 5 tires.The right rear from the factory always had a cyclical noise while driving. It is now rebalanced on the front right and no noises or vibrations.
Tire balancer and tire changer were a couple of my best purchases that I ever made.

Sponsored

Swallace05

Outer Banks
First Name
Shelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2008 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know this is an old thread, but I just need to vent to people who understand.
I just went for my first oil change and tire rotation prepared to be told it couldn’t be done. Lady at the desk didn’t argue and said ” if that’s what you want, we’ll do it.” Needless to say, they called me a little later and told me it couldn’t be done because there is no TPM sensor in the spare. I then sent her screen shots of info stating there was. She says that they scanned the spare and it shows no TPM. I told them never mind on the rotation, that I would take it somewhere else.
So my nice neighbor has volunteered to do it for me.
End of rant.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know this is an old thread, but I just need to vent to people who understand.
I just went for my first oil change and tire rotation prepared to be told it couldn’t be done. Lady at the desk didn’t argue and said ” if that’s what you want, we’ll do it.” Needless to say, they called me a little later and told me it couldn’t be done because there is no TPM sensor in the spare. I then sent her screen shots of info stating there was. She says that they scanned the spare and it shows no TPM. I told them never mind on the rotation, that I would take it somewhere else.
So my nice neighbor has volunteered to do it for me.
End of rant.
You could have let them do it. Your tire sensors would have been activated once you drove 20mph and you'd be all set.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I cant believe even ford has no knowledge of sensors in spare. Just piss poor

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealership rotated all 5 of mine, and I can confirm that without a doubt the spare has a TPMS sensor in it. The damn manual says to do a 5 tire rotation. The fact any dealership is telling people differently let’s you know your dealership is shit

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just did my first service. Dealer did the 5 tire rotation no complaints. I had marked the tires and verified it was done correctly. They also were aware the spare has a TPMS sensor.

For the oil change service summary says 6qts. I know this has been debated endlessly on here. And I seem to recall 7qt is correct? But I didn’t complain after seeing it.

This is my first time buying & servicing from this Ford dealer. This is absolutely the nicest and most professional and CLEANEST dealer I’ve ever seen. Over my 2.5yr Bronco waiting period the salesperson always remained professional and apologetic about the delays. And never got tired of taking my calls and responding to emails.

The parts manager laughed when I ordered a spare tie rod. “Oh you plan to use your Bronco?” The dealer is in a very wealthy city.
Sponsored