Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As far as the tie rod ends breaking, it's been well documented that these happen when people lifted their Broncos to put 37s+. Not sure about the steering rack issues, but lifts/ bigger tires = more stress. The WT/Braptor steering rack should be a factory option for all Badlands and Sasquatch models. Perhaps when supply issues ease up, they will do this.
Sponsored

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In stock form (non SAS) the Bronco looks whemppie. Especially the 4 door. Glad to hear your loving your Bronco after all the issues. I'm still waiting for a 2 door.
Those tiny bare bones wheels/tires should be illegal. It looks like a giant box sitting on donuts. Not sure why ford would even have them as an option. Why would they want to present the bronco like that.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fair enough. There are plenty of men that buy expensive autos, guitars, watches, etc. to look like they live a different life. The unfortunate truth is that the guy with the soft office hands is usually the guy that can actually afford these things. Itā€™s upside down . But to your point, maybe a Bronco will get a few more outside and thatā€™s definitely better for them.
Exactly. And for the record, Iā€™ve got soft office hands, but do get outside and like being dirty or to ski, so not everyone needs to be in construction.

Point you just made about affordability is my soapbox. I hate that even pickups now cost $70K. Real men who do real work canā€™t afford things anymore and that makes me depressed.

Anyway, respect your comments here and always have @mpeugeot for years now.

Just want to always add the perspective to actually get out there. Itā€™s not hard or intimidating unless youā€™re too prideful.

Trailhead awaits!

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ridiculous I canā€™t even believe I read as much of this horse crap as I did.

wish I could post what I really think.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as the tie rod ends breaking, it's been well documented that these happen when people lifted their Broncos to put 37s+. Not sure about the steering rack issues, but lifts/ bigger tires = more stress. The WT/Braptor steering rack should be a factory option for all Badlands and Sasquatch models. Perhaps when supply issues ease up, they will do this.
People have broken them on 33s too. Shock loads can be harsh.

Those tiny bare bones wheels/tires should be illegal. It looks like a giant box sitting on donuts. Not sure why ford would even have them as an option. Why would they want to present the bronco like that.
I miss the days when a car came with steelies or a single alloy option. Nearly all factory wheels across all makes and models look awful so those base steelies are at least useful for snow tires.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a valid point. I wasn't thinking about modifying the vehicle at that point. I was overseas, in the middle of a move back stateside, and rushed to catch up with everything possible.

In being honest with myself, I didn't see myself needing the Swaybar disconnect or front locker. I decided that I would run a TrueTrac lsd instead because of the kind of driving I do favors high speed off-road vs rock crawling. Also, I didn't want to give up sport mode (turns out to be a non-issue).
You know, we don't have many rocks over here in East Texas. We have used Sway Dis one time. We take the top off all the time, love the MGV and Washout floor. Have done more muddin and high speed stuff around the property etc. We have put a little over 12k miles on her and Dec 8 we will have had it 1 year. Were going to Palo Duro or Mckittric Canyon in the spring and knowing that we have the ability to go just about any where we would want to go is why I think the Badlands is the sweet spot in the Bronco lineup. We don't use all of the capability on a daily basis, but it is there if and when we want or need it!

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agree with this in many respects, the Bronco is better suited for higher speed off road trails than hard core off-roading.
I think there is this notion out there that you must be rock crawling to be hard core off-roading. Here in the midwest and the Appalachians, everything is soaked year round. Smaller rocks here require a locker because its easy to spin a tire when it is wet. Getting stuck in the mud is legit and real and it can happen when wheeling a logging trail or something that looks rather innocent so again lockers can help and a winch can save you.

In these regards - the bronco can be a really awesome off-road vehicle.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fair enough. There are plenty of men that buy expensive autos, guitars, watches, etc. to look like they live a different life. The unfortunate truth is that the guy with the soft office hands is usually the guy that can actually afford these things. Itā€™s upside down . But to your point, maybe a Bronco will get a few more outside and thatā€™s definitely better for them.
Never judge a man by his looks, his toys or the lack there of.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think there is this notion out there that you must be rock crawling to be hard core off-roading. Here in the midwest and the Appalachians, everything is soaked year round. Smaller rocks here require a locker because its easy to spin a tire when it is wet. Getting stuck in the mud is legit and real and it can happen when wheeling a logging trail or something that looks rather innocent so again lockers can help and a winch can save you.

In these regards - the bronco can be a really awesome off-road vehicle.
In your next of the woods it's called rock bouncing. Bronco is awesome at everything, the mall, the drive thru and cars & coffee!

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In your next of the woods it's called rock bouncing. Bronco is awesome at everything, the mall, the drive thru and cars & coffee!
Bless your heart.

Is your property above 4,705 feet? Does your bronco go up this to get to your property?

Ford Bronco 50,000 mile Review - Why the Bronco Sucks 68746497588__CCDB15A2-4982-4C9F-A01D-EFE4E4125E66.fullsizerender

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You might get that after I retire... I have a bunch of work to do in order to get the F355 back on the road. I will be able to work on it regularly as a retirement plan for keeping me off the streets. The Ferrari has around 30k on it now.
Ouch on major service

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What a joke of a fā€™n write-up. I wish you had bought a POS Jeep.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The stock rims and tires on my ā€˜89 were pretty small, looked funny.
Sponsored