Sponsored

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did this this morning, just wanted to share.

Trimmed the splash guard in the same way that everybody else has, but not a big fan of drilling holes in the fender flares.

I took a couple scrap pieces of the trimmed splash guard, trimmed them, heated them with a torch and bent them into a bracket. Then used the enclosed clip (and a screw and clip that I supplied) to attach it to the fender flare.

It's really solid and can be removed without any evidence of being there.

Ford Bronco "$50 Ford splash guard to Squatch" Sasquatch fender flares mounting option w/ custom bracket attachment 20220220_165623
Ford Bronco "$50 Ford splash guard to Squatch" Sasquatch fender flares mounting option w/ custom bracket attachment 20220220_165650
Ford Bronco "$50 Ford splash guard to Squatch" Sasquatch fender flares mounting option w/ custom bracket attachment 20220220_165642
Ford Bronco "$50 Ford splash guard to Squatch" Sasquatch fender flares mounting option w/ custom bracket attachment 20220220_165818
Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why hasn't a manufacturer stepped up and done this?!

Yours look as good as any I have seen...

Unlike the Weathertech disaster...

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of these aftermarket companies on here with all of these creations but non have provided us with perhaps the simplest of all. Mud flaps. 🤦‍♂️

Having the rock rails my only options are pay ford $500 or hack and slash my own.

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Trimmed the splash guard in the same way that everybody else has, but not a big fan of drilling holes in the fender flares.

I took a couple scrap pieces of the trimmed splash guard, trimmed them, heated them with a torch and bent them into a bracket. Then used the enclosed clip (and a screw and clip that I supplied) to attach it to the fender flare.

Ford Bronco "$50 Ford splash guard to Squatch" Sasquatch fender flares mounting option w/ custom bracket attachment 20220220_165818
I haven't got to this detail yet on my Bronco, but I was thinking of incorporating a design that had strong Neodymium magnets that could attach the Mudflap and then make easy removal although I am not sure how hard that would be when the magnet would have to be super strong in order to stay on while driving highway speeds. Maybe using quarter-turn locks like the fender flares would be a better idea than the magnets? Anyway, so far you have come up with the best mudflap solution that I have seen. Looks easy enough to take off for off-roading adventures!

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please read the entire thread from this post (link below) on. There is dialog between Weathertech Engineering and 9 pictures describing why they designed their flaps the way they did. One member installed them, with great pics and install. Read it all before casting a judgement.

They work...no drilling. A good stop-gap.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...aps-coming-soon-on-website.36761/post-1217835
The look of those compared to these.... Yikes! These here are way better!

Those weathertech flaps are hideous. 🤮

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not trying to be a 🍆, but if you roll over a log/rock that hard molded plastic flap is going to get pushed straight up and cause damage to your fender and flare. Same goes if you roll over something and it gets caught between the tire and flap it will bend it back causing damage. We learned a lesson years ago with our work trucks that came with hard plastic flaps, ended up taking them off all the trucks.

I know you want to protect the paint but it needs to be rubber, something that will give.

I know you see tons of vehicle (trucks) with hard molded mud flaps, most don’t ever see a dirt road. Not sure why manufacturers still offer them.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not trying to be a 🍆, but if you roll over a log/rock that hard molded plastic flap is going to get pushed straight up and cause damage to your fender and flare. Same goes if you roll over something and it gets caught between the tire and flap it will bend it back causing damage. We learned a lesson years ago with our work trucks that came with hard plastic flaps, ended up taking them off all the trucks.

I know you want to protect the paint but it needs to be rubber, something that will give.

I know you see tons of vehicle (trucks) with hard molded mud flaps, most don’t ever see a dirt road. Not sure why manufacturers still offer them.
No you won't. Those Ford flaps are pretty soft. They would fold and crush first for sure.

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base

Nicely done.. especially the extra edging you ran around the upper edge. What's it from?

OP
OP
MFP2241

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

The Ford $50's are pretty flexible, not nearly as stiff as the SAS flares.

Also, I'll be using these on the highway for daily use. When I go off-road I'll remove them... honestly, they come off in about 90 seconds.
Sponsored