Sponsored

$500 Additional Required Ford deposit - Coming at order time!

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Just had a long conversation with someone in the know about reservations, orders, etc. We got to discussing dealer penalties if a customer doesn't take delivery of their ordered Bronco. Rumor has it that to remedy this problem and weed out the non-serious buyers among us, Ford will require an additional refundable deposit of $500 to create our Bronco orders.

This makes sense to me and I've been surprised so far that we only need $100 for a reservation. I'm glad to put another $500 down and would be so even if it was non-refundable.

What do you guys think? Is it true? Will you care if it is true?
Sponsored

Sponsored

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It has already been made clear that any additional deposit is to be determined by the dealer. Ford is not going to be requiring any additional deposit.

VTBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just had a long conversation with someone in the know about reservations, orders, etc. We got to discussing dealer penalties if a customer doesn't take delivery of their ordered Bronco. Rumor has it that to remedy this problem and weed out the non-serious buyers among us, Ford will require an additional refundable deposit of $500 to create our Bronco orders.

This makes sense to me and I've been surprised so far that we only need $100 for a reservation. I'm glad to put another $500 down and would be so even if it was non-refundable.

My dealer mentioned this a while ago, I’m also happy to put down some cash. If it’s refundable too, if I hate it (who am I kidding, that’s crazy talk I will LOVE it), then even better.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm all in baybee gurl. gimme my Mall-squatch!

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the keyword is rumor. the devil is in the details.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently had an experience "trying to" buying a boat. The dealer wanted a non-refundable deposit and wouldn't guarantee I'd get the boat this year. He stated I'd be in the queue. I asked how that could be and his response was that they were making up customer names and applying them to orders because if they ordered "customer" boats the factory allocated them faster and the dealership could sell every boat they could get. So, basically they made up customer orders to get more boats than other dealers so they could advertise inventory and pull customers from dealers that couldn't get as many boats. He said he'd "fit me in" with the fake customers, but couldn't guarantee my specific configuration would come in first or when it would come in relative to the "fake" customer orders. He was just trying to sell boats and said that this year was the highest selling year he'd had in years. He told me he'd sell every boat he could get so it didn't matter if I bought from him or not, he'd still get and sell every boat he could get allocated.

Long-winded story, but basically what I see is Ford doing their best to make sure reservation holders get their vehicles and those that are not serious don't clog the system with vehicles not allocated to a customer. So, we don't have some percentage of vehicles "bumping" a serious customer so that the dealer gets a vehicle they can mark up. Works for me. I'm happy to put another $500 (1%) toward a $50k vehicle I'm buying anyway.

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure it is. You cant order any car without a deposit. I ordered a convert mustang in 99, had to leave $500 or 1K if I remember right.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in the camp of how does a refundable $500 make anyone more serious? If you can order and cancel and get your money back, who cares? I’ll give $500, whatever.
Sponsored