Sponsored

$500 Additional Required Ford deposit - Coming at order time!

Pie Grande

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (eventually)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would wish that they asked for an additional 1-2k, means I can put my deposit and weed out others so I can get mine in July, one can only dream ?
Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just imagined a Sasquatch smashing through the glass doors of the local mall driving past the Sur La Table, taking a sharp left and ending up tilted 45 degrees between the escalator and the Sephora. Then I see the owner jumping out to get some Chicago Popcorn Mix (cheese and caramel).
Yup. That parking job is called the "pimp lean!" Hahahaha

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can't afford $500 next week you damn sure can't afford $35+k in 7 months.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can’t help thinking of the GMC holiday commercial.

“I got us a little something too- one for you...and one for me.”
“I LOVE IT”
Wife drives a jeep right now. She's dealing with the fa
I can’t help thinking of the GMC holiday commercial.

“I got us a little something too- one for you...and one for me.”
“I LOVE IT”
Wife has a jeep. She ain't touching my bronco. Already showed her the horse whinny horn from another post.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep that’s discussing the process. Last time I checked I’m allowed to discuss what other people are doing throughout this process. Discussing what other people are doing ≠ worried about what they’re doing.

You seem to get upset when others don’t think and feel the same things you do so we can end it here. You have your opinions on how it should go and I have mine, that’s okay.
Lol whatever makes you feel special with your mass produced vehicle.

Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't mind if Ford requires an additional deposit. But I thought I'd share the copied and pasted email below I received from my Dealer, Walnut Creek Ford in California.

Great news! We wanted to reach out to you to let you know that ordering your brand new Ford Bronco is right around the corner! Ford has just recently announced that the ordering bank will be opened on December 7th, 2020, for the full size 2 and 4 door Bronco. We can't be more excited for this, as we are sure you are, too! We know how long you have been waiting for this!

Our vision consists of a transparent, effective, and efficient ordering process, to ensure you don't have to wait unncessarily to get your Bronco!

When the order bank opens up, you can imagine with the number of reservations that we have, there will quite a bit of work involved making sure we submit these orders properly. To prevent a traffic jam of calls and emails on the ordering day, what we encourage, is to please submit your full configuration to us via a PDF from the build and price site. Orders will be submitted according to reservation number. It is imperative, if you have one of the earlier reservation dates, to please make sure you have your build and price summary emailed over to us, so we can get it placed for you without any hiccups.

Also, there will not be another deposit collected at the time of order.

I have included a screenshot of how you can email us a summary of your build.

On the build and price, which can be reached by clicking here, you will see a "print" option, next to summary. If you can please click that option, and change your printer to "save as PDF." This will allow you to save your build, which is what you will please email me.

The attached build you email me, should be how you plan on ordering the actual vehicle. We completely understand if you have questions regarding configuration, and would like some guidance. That's what I am here for. If so, let's please do it well before the order date, to ensure we can accurately get the orders in, in the timeliest of manners.

When you have your build and price ready to go, please email it over to me, and in the body of the email, please state "I approve you placing this as my order, and agree to the terms of the Bronco Order Acknowledgement Form." Please click here for the order acknowledgement form . If for some reason a couple days go by, and you realize that you forgot to add something or need to make a change, no problem, there will be at least few days grace period after the orders are placed, from where changes will be permitted.

Should any thoughts or questions come up, please do not hesitate to reach out to me prior to the December 7th date. Thank you in advance for your cooperation, as we prepare to embark deeper together in this wonderful and exciting journey.

Sincerely,

Shahram Tavakol
Sales Manager
Walnut Creek Ford
(925)932-2900

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Works for me - honestly figured it would be higher than $500.

Harv83

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just imagined a Sasquatch smashing through the glass doors of the local mall driving past the Sur La Table, taking a sharp left and ending up tilted 45 degrees between the escalator and the Sephora. Then I see the owner jumping out to get some Chicago Popcorn Mix (cheese and caramel).
Ford Bronco $500 Additional Required Ford deposit - Coming at order time! 92453F94-EB42-44D4-8D9D-856ACBE5FB9D

Improbableh, but not impossibleh

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Additional delays + Additional deposits = Layaway?
?

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Even if it is refundable not everyone (those that aren't serious) might have the liquidity to put $500-1000 down. Also, I'm fine with a deposit, as long as it's applied to the vehicle when we go to pay.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even if it is refundable not everyone (those that aren't serious) might have the liquidity to put $500-1000 down. Also, I'm fine with a deposit, as long as it's applied to the vehicle when we go to pay.
Not trying to preach but.... if anyone is hurting to put $500-1k down on a vehicle that starts bare bones north of $30k, they should probably reconsider their purchasing timeline. A 30K loan at 2.2% is more than $500 per month for 60 months.

500-1000 is a reasonable deposit seeing how volatile and potentially far out delivery dates can be with the Bronco. Anymore I feel is too much of a free loan to dealers.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In the state of WA any deposit for a product which hasn't been manufactured yet is refundable.

From the perspective of ensuring orders are converted to purchases, they should require a 5% deposit and if the order converts, pay out a few % of interest on the deposit via service vouchers, oil changes, or dealer installed accessories.

I see no problem with that at all. Which means that if a dealership posted it here, it would be vilified and roasted.

RMG72

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Last edited:

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just had a long conversation with someone in the know about reservations, orders, etc. We got to discussing dealer penalties if a customer doesn't take delivery of their ordered Bronco. Rumor has it that to remedy this problem and weed out the non-serious buyers among us, Ford will require an additional refundable deposit of $500 to create our Bronco orders.

This makes sense to me and I've been surprised so far that we only need $100 for a reservation. I'm glad to put another $500 down and would be so even if it was non-refundable.

What do you guys think? Is it true? Will you care if it is true?
I’ve been talking a lot with the squirrels in the backyard ( you know with the COVID restrictions and all ) and they have been in secret talks with people high up in the Ford company. And I have it as gospel truth that the only thing written in stone is that “ Ford will build a new Bronco - someday!
Sponsored