First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma; 1986 4Runner; 1930 Model A
Your Bronco Model
Base
I reserved July 17, 2020. I held on ordering until ManSquatch was an option. I printed my build and went to my dealer on 7/13 and handed it off for them to place the order. I was checking today to see the status and I was directed to make a $500 deposit on the Ford.com website. I went ahead and did that and the status updated at that time to "Order sent to dealer". I haven't heard of this process before, I am guessing it's new for 2022 and a way to weed out those who aren't really serious. Also, my dealer want a copy of my DL; He said it was because Ford is making sure real people are placing these orders. I assume a lot of others will be seeing this same process.
Sponsored

lilkajun

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved July 17, 2020. I held on ordering until ManSquatch was an option. I printed my build and went to my dealer on 7/13 and handed it off for them to place the order. I was checking today to see the status and I was directed to make a $500 deposit on the Ford.com website. I went ahead and did that and the status updated at that time to "Order sent to dealer". I haven't heard of this process before, I am guessing it's new for 2022 and a way to weed out those who aren't really serious. Also, my dealer want a copy of my DL; He said it was because Ford is making sure real people are placing these orders. I assume a lot of others will be seeing this same process.
I received the same message but my deposit was $1000. I am confused because my dealer converted my MY21 to a MY22 yesterday and it has a code of 19 now. I guess I will be calling them today.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The DL part doesn't surprise me, they took a look at mine when I ordered. The $500 deposit (or anything beyond the original $100 reservation) is new to me. Did that show up on your status page on Ford.com?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There must have been some recent policy change. I just received a link to order through B&P and it is requesting a $1500 deposit but the fine print says the Ford reservation deposit of $500 will be refunded. From B&P ordering system:

Ford Bronco $500 Deposit on Ford.com 1634304195216

Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I updated my order with my dealer yesterday - they haven't been real responsive, but I grew up with the GM so I am hopeful he won't screw me over. lol. They sent me the preview order form with a priority code 11 on it. I went ahead and did the Ford.com order today and it asked for a $500 deposit. I figured it couldn't hurt to have it progressing from 2 different angles. TBD...

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When the 2022 Scheduling was announced, there was some fine print directing dealers to have a signed agreement and a $500 deposit.

I suspect this is to combat the excessive dealer markups after ordering... Both the signature and the downpayment are steps required to create a contract, and sometimes only one is needed to prove it existed.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When the 2022 Scheduling was announced, there was some fine print directing dealers to have a signed agreement and a $500 deposit.

I suspect this is to combat the excessive dealer markups after ordering... Both the signature and the downpayment are steps required to create a contract, and sometimes only one is needed to prove it existed.
Will this help minimize ADM? I imagine there's some loopholes in there somewhere for the stealership.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will this help minimize ADM? I imagine there's some loopholes in there somewhere for the stealership.
Stealerships will find a way...

MJ14

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer/22 Bronco OBX/02 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a question about this if anyone else maybe has the answer. My dealer tried to place an order for me yesterday and it said I needed to have a reservation. I cancelled my reservation in August, but have decided now to reorder and just wait. But it insists I have to have a reservation, and he even showed me where it says the reservation system would be back up October 13th. When I go to the Ford FAQ it of course states no more reservations will be taken, as I’m sure everyone here knows. So how am I supposed to order? If I have to have a reservation, but can’t do a reservation anymore what is my next step? I cancelled my original reservation because of this, because Ford can’t get their act together. So maybe this is what it means? That I need to order through b&p and put a deposit down? I am willing to do that, but it clearly says I need a reservation on the thing he showed me and Ford’s website clearly says no more reservations.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a question about this if anyone else maybe has the answer. My dealer tried to place an order for me yesterday and it said I needed to have a reservation. I cancelled my reservation in August, but have decided now to reorder and just wait. But it insists I have to have a reservation, and he even showed me where it says the reservation system would be back up October 13th. When I go to the Ford FAQ it of course states no more reservations will be taken, as I’m sure everyone here knows. So how am I supposed to order? If I have to have a reservation, but can’t do a reservation anymore what is my next step? I cancelled my original reservation because of this, because Ford can’t get their act together. So maybe this is what it means? That I need to order through b&p and put a deposit down? I am willing to do that, but it clearly says I need a reservation on the thing he showed me and Ford’s website clearly says no more reservations.
#Rockstars

Good luck. I have no idea what to tell you.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the exact same boat as you trying to get an order in. I cannot even find how to put a deposit down through b&p.